World 'Fictosexual' Japanese man no longer able to communicate with hologram he married

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
A "fictosexual" Japanese man who married a hologram in 2018 recently told a Japanese newspaper that their relationship is struggling with communication.

Akihiko Kondo, 38, who works at a middle school in a Tokyo suburb, married Hatsune Miku, a hologram that was created by a computer as singing software, on Nov. 4, 2018, in a wedding that cost more than $17,000.

As one of the thousands of "fictosexuals," Kondo is attracted to fictional characters.

Kondo first interacted with Miku using Gatebox, a $1,300 device that projected fictional characters into a cylinder and allowed users to communicate via artificial intelligence and marry them unofficially.

When he proposed to her in the cylinder, Miku reportedly replied, "I hope you'll cherish me."

I'm trying to track down a previous thread I posted about this man. I swear I made a headline news thread about a man marrying Hatsune Miku on this forum a while back. I can't for the life of me find that thread.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, the search function of the forum is really not that good.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.