Forbidden summon

Redeamed

Reaction score
I've posted this spell in the contest and someone tells me it leaks...Im not sure what they mean by that and I want to fix it so if anyone wants to look at it and help me out the file is attatched. It's a pretty simple spell trigger wise. Also I would love to hear some comments about the spell itself. (good idea, bad idea..."what kind of spell hurts yourself what where you thinking?") all responses much apreciated.

((Edit))

Fixed the leaks, I think I got all of them. now I'm going to look at figure out how to add effects to spruce it up some. Any good tutorials recommended? I only ever seem to find the good ones when people point them out.

Also still wanting to hear comments on the spell idea itself, not that I'm going to change it's concept or anything just wonder what people think of the spell. is it unique. is it interesting. is it "forbidden". is cool. is it lame.

Attachments

• Forbbidden spell.w3x
    29 KB · Views: 131

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
I've posted this spell in the contest and someone tells me it leaks...Im not sure what they mean by that and I want to fix it so if anyone wants to look at it and help me out the file is attatched. It's a pretty simple spell trigger wise. Also I would love to hear some comments about the spell itself. (good idea, bad idea..."what kind of spell hurts yourself what where you thinking?") all responses much apreciated.

Here are two tutorials about leaks...

Memory Leaks - Rad
Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts - emjlr3

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
You know, when entering the contest, it should be you making the spell. Thus, if we fix your spell, it wasn't completely made by you. You should read a guide on how to remove leaks.

Dirac

Reaction score
According to the rules...

We here at TH.net are not a Warcraft III editing service. Do not expect for you to hand over your map to us and have it handed back magically complete. It won't happen. So don't try.
There are cases where the problem can't be readily seen in the posts, in which case you will be asked to upload the map for someone to look at, but they will only be looking at that one problem.

So you must figure out yourself how to unleak your spell

Redeamed

Reaction score
Im not saying do it for me Im saying I dont know what a leak is. thanks for the links to the leak info. I dont like being told specifically what to do I just cant fix a problem if I dont know what the problem is.

Naga'sShadow

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Seeing as how I don't have world edit on this comp. Try posting the trigger. You'll likely get more help that way.

Redeamed

Reaction score
thanks for the idea. I think i figured out a lot from the links provided and as said i dont really want the answer handed to me and I think if I post the trigger directly people will be to tempted to simply post add blah blah blah right there. where as if they look at the map hopefully they just say "you have a point leak when your spiders spawn" or "you have a unit group leak when the spell ends" and I can figure out how to fix that myself. if I have some dire inexplicable problem though I will post the triggers themselves. thanks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.