Gaias Retaliation ORPG Alpha Release

theonlylimp

Reaction score
experience

i found a experience bug !
when you gain experience from mobs and quest and not level up, example you only get half the experience bar! then when you save and load the next time! the experience is back yo start and the quest is done :thdown:

otherwise is the map really fantastic , 5/5 :D:thup:

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
i found a experience bug !
when you gain experience from mobs and quest and not level up, example you only get half the experience bar! then when you save and load the next time! the experience is back yo start and the quest is done :thdown:

otherwise is the map really fantastic , 5/5 :D:thup:
As blizzard used to say: It's not a bug, its a feature. Maybe I will save a % of xp in the future release, but that will come with a code wipe.

Jming

Reaction score
No codewipe anymore! It is pretty alright for the exp system. We do not want longer codes too :/ Anyways , im here to report a new bug :D

Dungeon lvl 2 Bug - The Healer Makrura Bug
We managed to kill the small makrura , left out the orange and the healer makruras. Just then , a magician froze the healer , and i went to lure the orange makrura away from the healer. When the frozen ice ended, the healer makrura did not have the range to heal the orange makrura. Thus , the makrura could only heal his onself. From what I know, the creep might be set to auto casting heal... Also , the Shield summoned by makrura is bugged. It is not the shield problem , but again, the casting problems. When I spammed 'Revenge' on Healer makrura (was having shield) , the shield broke. This causes the makrura to keep spamming shield ever again, causing him not to attack. He was able to heal.

Unusual reported bugs - Buying skills , clicking npc , talking to npc
Yes, doing the above tasks can cause disconnections. There should be warrants in game to inform players to save before doing those stuffs

Reaction score
Cleric's Book Skin

Creator, the skin of the book of clerics not appear in the body of them, please, the next version, place such as in the Arthas, that his book is VERY cool

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Dungeon lvl 2 Bug - The Healer Makrura Bug
We managed to kill the small makrura , left out the orange and the healer makruras. Just then , a magician froze the healer , and i went to lure the orange makrura away from the healer. When the frozen ice ended, the healer makrura did not have the range to heal the orange makrura. Thus , the makrura could only heal his onself.
Sounds to me like an unusual, but creative tactic. This is perfectly fine and working as intended. It's a common strategy to tank those healer mobs away from the other ones, to kill them without trouble.

Also , the Shield summoned by makrura is bugged. It is not the shield problem , but again, the casting problems. When I spammed 'Revenge' on Healer makrura (was having shield) , the shield broke. This causes the makrura to keep spamming shield ever again, causing him not to attack. He was able to heal.
Well, This is because the makrura doesn't really know wether there is weakened soul on the target or not. It's not really a bug, the makrura is just plain stupid ^^

Unusual reported bugs - Buying skills , clicking npc , talking to npc
Yes, doing the above tasks can cause disconnections. There should be warrants in game to inform players to save before doing those stuffs
I NEVER experienced any disconnects or desyncs for MONTHS now. I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about. It might be a problem with Hostbots. I can not fix that, if so. I can just recommend not to host Gaias Retaliation with Hostbots - or just make sure you save before buying spells. Also, I never heard of disconnects or desyncs when talking or just clicking npcs before. Are you sure it wasn't an ordinary disconnect that was in no way caused by the map?

WindAngel

Reaction score
Well, I found out that it was actually not a longer range, however the thing is, the range of the aggro of creeps is a direct line, so if there are winds and curves, it will follow you as long as ur in 1500 range of its original position. this is why i was being chased by the things for what seemed more like 4k range.

Creator, is the 2nd class implanted already, or not yet? I'm not so sure about it either. Ive used my rogue to go through the whole map, and found no NPC or anything of the sort to help me rank up, perhaps it may be the barrier between areas. Another thing is, is there a mode to view the full screen, because in one game, I joined, and then when we started, we had sight of the entire map.

Lastly, do you mind telling us the intended release date for the next part of this ORPG? I've been anticipating updates on this for ages, since I've been following this game since I've first played it.

Thanks,
~WindAng~el

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Creator, is the 2nd class implanted already, or not yet?

Lastly, do you mind telling us the intended release date for the next part of this ORPG?
*breaths deeply* ... must ... control ... the ... anger ... must ... *blows into a bag*

EDIT: Finished 5 of 10 spells now. *swt* ... dunno how much longer it will take, but the next spells are pretty basic. We also started discussing the main town today, creating a general layout.

EDIT2: 6/10

Jming

Reaction score
More bugs come in, more bugs go. Again, dungeon lvl 2 bugs
Death in dungeon lvl 2 - Our dear cleric died, skipping mobs to his way to the Kraken boss (F.O). When he died, a mass of mobs started whacking his grave ( reported bug) . However , what i am reporting is not about this. He turned invulnerable when he respawned.
Next, the F.O boss turned invul forever after our team died. This caused the dungeon not to reset at all.
Also , do add a mode so that people cant tk each other. Do add level requirements for items to disable newbies from killing high lvl mobs too easily

AGrimDeath

Reaction score
The game is far

Amazing! One of the best RPGs I have played so far. ( And that's saying something, since I played almost every RPG on War3 ) Large variety of quests to finish. The items are just fun to strive for. They all seem very balanced so far. The terrain is just awesome, and the music is amazing. So perfect corresponding with the location of your character.

(( Group consists of Squire, Mage, Priest[me], Thief, and a Ranger. ))

The leveling system is very "professional" Prevents high levels from training low levels and high level creeps. Though, I do suggest a level minimum on the dungeons. My group, ( 5 level 25s including me ) found it very easy to train low levels in the first dungeon, all the way to level 11. Then continue onto the 2nd island at the spiders/gnolls.

The creeps seem very balanced. No overly powered characters, as my group found is relatively simple to complete everything. Though, the Makrura in the 2nd dungeon took some time with that stupid healing one....

The terrain is amazing. Great use of the affects in grass/tree/mountain/cliffs, etc. Though, around the spider area, seemed as if there were too many doodads. Lots of "weeds" that made it hard to see, even with holding alt. Other than that, it was fine. And the music, loved it. Especially the dungeon one, :)

Items wise, not sure. It seems some items are more easier to get than others. I guess that's how the game was set up. Does it depend on who delivers the final blow? [ We did rather get a massive amount of squire items on the 1st dungeon runs ] Other than that, the fight for smexy items made the game very competitive.

Not sure if this is an accident, but my group found it very easy to kill the final boss. We just move to the FAR left + top area, where the tentacle spawns. The mage and ranger attack the Ancient One while the thief and squire hold position to kill the spawning tentacle. I just stand near the waterfall, healing them. This method prevents us from getting attacked by the other 2 sets of tentacles. It's cheap, I guess...=\ Maybe you can fix this?
[No flames on people who were using this method, D: ]

Steelmor

Reaction score
Gaias

Hello Zwieb!

I'm not entirely sure how this bug works, but i saw a cleric put divine protection on himself and was able to walk through the border into the area with ogres and gnolls etc... He was at the bottom of the border close to the river. I'm not entirely sure how it works but all i saw was a cleric walk through the border will his bubble was on himself.

Great Job on the map so far :) I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the current content, keep up the great work! :thup:

Malice

Reaction score
Amazing game. Just needs a little more expansion, I've encountered some glitches. But I think I was possibly playing a different version? The Ancient One had the status "Phoenix Fire" and was taking DPS. Also the formentioned glitch of walking through the wall over by gnolls. But since then I switched versions.....so yeah. Otherwise, amazing game. Please do not do a code wipe! Hah. And are you implementing secondary classes?

Thank you.

Jming

Reaction score
Not sure if this is an accident, but my group found it very easy to kill the final boss. We just move to the FAR left + top area, where the tentacle spawns. The mage and ranger attack the Ancient One while the thief and squire hold position to kill the spawning tentacle. I just stand near the waterfall, healing them. This method prevents us from getting attacked by the other 2 sets of tentacles. It's cheap, I guess...=\ Maybe you can fix this?

You can use magic missles/fire arrow to hit only. Other spells that i tried, the tentacle would nuke me. It takes a long long time tho. It's pretty much not a bug.. its part of a strategy. Top left is too small to squeeze, if some mistakes happen, people gets blocked and will die.

Haha i have been using that technique tho. my teammates which include cleric and mage, already have all spells and boss items.. im left with soldier gaunlet.. wtf is my luck :/ I would just say, the frequency of cultrist armor and quiver drops are so high. I have never seen a bow drop haha, but i do think heartseeker is the best bow for the present version

Anyways, what's with the 'new max level' 32/33? is it for version 10-12 or the next version?

Malice

Reaction score
So do any of you wanna create a clan...or meet in a channel sometime? Put your WC3 acc name and what region you play on.

Malice[sa]

US East.

Lvl 30 Squire.

Reconcile

Reaction score
Reconcile

US West (Willing to come to East for people to play with)

Cuz' of all the code wipes, I haven't started a new guy for a few versions, but have experience in all present content, except ogres!

Would prefer Squire (Built for Zerker) or cleric though!

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
More bugs come in, more bugs go. Again, dungeon lvl 2 bugs
Death in dungeon lvl 2 - Our dear cleric died, skipping mobs to his way to the Kraken boss (F.O). When he died, a mass of mobs started whacking his grave ( reported bug) . However , what i am reporting is not about this. He turned invulnerable when he respawned.
Should be fixed in the newest version.

Next, the F.O boss turned invul forever after our team died. This caused the dungeon not to reset at all.
This, also, is a bug that only occurs in pre 10-12-09 versions. Please don't play them anymore. Always download the newest version when playing in the bnet!

Also , do add a mode so that people cant tk each other.
Going to do that for the next content upgrade.

Do add level requirements for items
Please don't suggest that anymore. I already stated that I will implement that feature in the next content upgrade.

I'd say it's a clever way to use your foes weakness. This is perfectly fine for me.

I'm not entirely sure how this bug works, but i saw a cleric put divine protection on himself and was able to walk through the border into the area with ogres and gnolls etc... He was at the bottom of the border close to the river. I'm not entirely sure how it works but all i saw was a cleric walk through the border will his bubble was on himself.
I'll check if there is a hole in the pathing there. Thanks.

Amazing game. Just needs a little more expansion, I've encountered some glitches. But I think I was possibly playing a different version? The Ancient One had the status "Phoenix Fire" and was taking DPS.
The Ancient one having phoenix fire is weird. Maybe you were playing a hacked version.

Jming

Reaction score
Unless the download from hiveworkshop is hacked, I won't be experiencing this invul bug. Those are not pre-versions. I got it directly from hives.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Unless the download from hiveworkshop is hacked, I won't be experiencing this invul bug. Those are not pre-versions. I got it directly from hives.
Can you reproduce this phoenix fire error? Sounds strange. I never used any ability that is in any way related to phoenix fire. In fact; I don't use blizzard abilities (well okay, 2 exceptions) at all.

burnt19

Reaction score
Love the terrain in this game, best I have seen in wc3 so far =P
Thanks for the game and keep updating plz.

Oh, i did find one glitch, i am a lvl 31 cleric, and when i cast divine shield on myself the shield animation disappears, then appears again when a creature attacks me. When i exit combat again, the shield disappears...etc.etc

P.S What is the drop chance of confidence aura? I have farmed the wolf, troll and crab for more than 30 times. Troll prob about 50 =.= Thanks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.