Gaias Retaliation ORPG Alpha Release

approX!

Reaction score
Ive got one problem, what have u changed in new version ? coz there`s still a shadow that blocks me to go to further part of map, help me plox :O
Sry for my bad English, hope u can understand me

HappyHero

Reaction score
The casting animations on Cleric are strange. I cast judgement (or heal) and after it is done the cleric waits a moment until he attacks. If i attack manually right after judgement (or heal) he doesn't pause at all. The attack is instant.

The usual auto-attack takes some time to react, that is normal in wc3.
Some Dota-Players honor themselves for being able to click attack after using a spell to be better than others ;).

Also, the auto-attack after casting hits the closest target instead of the old target... But that's engine-caused and I think you (and everybody else) is able to handle these few extra clicks...

S0ulseeker

Reaction score
:D Thanks for the update!
Don't like the soloing ability. I was lvl 18 (cleric), had 1900 gold, all skills (that could be bought) in like 2 hours just by playing alone.

Yea I've got a level 23 Thief already, in almost full gear, my ulti skill, and all buyable skills with around 3k gold in only 2-3 hours. I think it's alright that the game is more soloable, but if outside trash mobs are going to get easier to kill here's an idea then, maybe reduce the XP that they give so it takes longer to level? and reduce the amount of gold that is dropped. I noticed items sell for more too it's just too easy to level and get gold in this version, other than that I love everything about it ^_^ greatest ORPG map ever, and keep up all the work! I can only imagine how frustrating it could be atm, with all the crash errors and complaints flooding the forums :[

Failenx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I must say, I am AMAZED with the terrain on this map. Thumbs up for whoever covered the entire map with beautiful terrain, keep up the good work with this ORPG and its gameplay. Looking forward to any and all updates.

:thup:<3

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I don't know what this crash thing is about everyone is reporting. I played the game now multiple times on bnet (even played on a listchecker game) and had no problems.
I don't know what this is about, it seems to be a problem that is not related to the map's code. Maybe something 1.24d messed up.

Does it only happen to host, or also to other players? What system do you run? WinXP? Do you have WC3 patched to the latest version?

A guy on hiveworkshop suggested setting all graphic options to maximum. Does that help?

EDIT
Yepp ... i tested it. Its definitely the graphics setting. Crashes for me too when I reduce it.

To all players that expierence crashes of GR ORPG: Set your "Texture Quality" Slider in game settings to maximum! This should solve the problem! I tested it and it works.

Psysaturn

Reaction score
douzhi from Hives Workshop said:
let me tell you how to avoid war3 crashing. i try my best effort to study out this problem.
frist,the version of wars must be 1.24d
the second ,it is very important to make all the set about the image highest
if you get to the two points above, i beileve you will not meet with crashing
as a chinese player, i very glad to help other players
thanks for author's good map

My friend followed this advice and it actually worked. Apparently setting gfx to high actually did help.

Naflix

Reaction score
I can join the game and i have try it out on Bnet but my old Cods dont work and the map is the same like before :( (the black line at the same place)

approX!

Reaction score
Ive got one problem, what have u changed in new version ? coz there`s still a shadow that blocks me to go to further part of map, help me plox :O
Sry for my bad English, hope u can understand me
Zwiebel can u explain it please?

quraji

zap
Reaction score
After seeing this as the latest post for this section many times I decided to actually try it. I only played for a few minutes but I was pretty impressed. Seems like it's high quality and in-depth. The terrain (and interior design) is very good, and I was in a good adventuring mood with that and the soundtrack (sounds like Oblivion music..) :p

I stopped because I didn't really feel like playing alone or soloing in what seems like a team-based game (plus my magician got eated by wolves =[). But, I'd like to play more.

If anyone wants to play with me, I'll be around for the next few hours. I can host.

S0ulseeker

Reaction score
Zwiebel can u explain it please?

There's only one explanation: You obviously did not read.

lmao

approx the version released yesterday/today doesn't have the new classes/zone/town/etc. This version was just to impliment the final touches to the gaming system such as the material bag, crafting items, threat bar, soloablility tweaking, more items, and re-worked the save/load system. Instead of saving only the character level, it now saves a % of your XP so in the long run, you can save 1/2 way to your next level up and not worry about having to redue the entire level. There was a code-wipe to impliment these features and should be the last code wipe the creators intend to do for a long time. It was all stated a few pages back ^_~ The version containing new released content and stuff comes out sometime mid Feb or so.

ncommand-

Reaction score
LOL im sooo sorry but in real life i cant stop laughing lolol. Do you not speak english sir, ill save Zwiebel the rage over this guy

CHANGING CLASSES IS NOT OUT YET IN THE PAST 20 POSTS

ElChupanebre

Reaction score
The maps load time bugs me.
You can decrease it dramatically by removing the amount of stuff that is already on the map, and generate it all with Triggers when the map launches. And instead of using "Map Inzilation" use "Game time becomes 0.00".
I'm sure you know all this, but the last 10% of that load bar is just too long.

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You can decrease it dramatically by removing the amount of stuff that is already on the map, and generate it all with Triggers when the map launches. And instead of using "Map Inzilation" use "Game time becomes 0.00".
You can not generate doodads by trigger.

WarZipp

Reaction score

The only way you would complain about loading time is if you have a shitty computer. If its not your computer then its someone else playing with you who has a shitty computer.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.