Gaias Retaliation ORPG Alpha Release

Failenx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Are you able to give us an ETA on the next update and maybe what may or may not be in it?

Would be awesome !

burnt19

Reaction score
I'm a little confused... does armour do anything? all the mosters i have seen have zero % damage reduction because of armour, even though, for example, the rock golems have 15 armour they have 0% reduction. Same as my ranger who has +7 armour but 0% reduction.
Does that mean that armour penetration is pointless as well? Or am i just confused xD

chinese604

Reaction score
This version does not have the new content releases. The last time the creators said anything about the version with the new content releases, they said it would be out mid february.
The change from the old version 10-30-09 to this version 2-01-10 caused old save codes to not work anymore.

Armor works like this.
My attack does 10 dmg, the enemy has 1 armor, my attack will deal 9 dmg.
If I have 1 armor penetration, my attack will deal 10 dmg.
If I have 2 armor penetration, my attack will still only deal 10 dmg, because you can't penetrate armor that isn't there.
40 dmg attack versus a mob with 20 armor, my attack will deal 20 dmg.
With 20+ armor penetration, my attacks will deal 40dmg.

With regards to new content in the next version, the creators said we can expect.
A new main town, the farmland to be done, a new undead siege dungeon, 5 class change quests, 10 new classes, and 1 spell for each new class.
I am also guessing along with this there will be new items/crafting recipes and whatnot.

burnt19

Reaction score
ah ok, thanks chinese604, i just wondered because no creeps or players had any % damage reduced because of armour so i thought it had no use.

Russdogg3

Reaction score
The Ancient One

Haven't seen anything posted about this, might have missed it, but The Ancient One doesn't seem to attack Melee and Melee fighters cant attack him (actually you just can't reach him to attack him). Is this on purpose because it isn't finished or just a map mistake? Or am i just retarded? lol

Also great rpg so far keep up the hard work ^^b

Edit: Also i found that the theifs stealth seems to not work right in some areas the most noticible ive seen so far was near the Golem boss, it auto unstealths even when not moving.

Reconcile

Reaction score
So how do we change classes, again?

You seriously need to just go jump off a cliff.. I'm sorry, but there is evidently no cure for your severity of ignorance or stupidity for that matter.

But since you will prolly just post again if someone doesn't answer it, which would make me liable for your "unexpected" death, I will answer it..

You can advance classes through a quest that is NOT YET IMPLEMENTED in the game. That is a vague answer because it IS NOT IN THE GAME YET, so the specifics are unknown.

Once again, you CANNOT CHANGE CLASSES IN THIS CURRENT VERSION (This was just in case you didn't understand the last paragraph).

Now please shut up, thanks!

Jming

Reaction score
Hey. I think we need a forum for gaias retaliation so that we know which stuffs are rarest or not. i know its tough, but i hope you would find someone reliable to set up the forum. these should include spells, and screenshots. thanks =)

Eich

Reaction score
Well a Wiki would be a nice alternative to a forum.. There are several, if not dozens sites for the creation of fan wikis out there...

fazik

Reaction score
Edit: Also i found that the theifs stealth seems to not work right in some areas the most noticible ive seen so far was near the Golem boss, it auto unstealths even when not moving.

Noticed the same thing myself. The area near the fenced entrance to the bandits camp (before cave 1) has the same "ability" to unstealth you. Even if there aren't any monsters around.

oveRLuckEd

Reaction score
i would like to ask if the heroes that we are playing now we are gonna be able to load in future versions?

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
i would like to ask if the heroes that we are playing now we are gonna be able to load in future versions?
Yes.

Haven't seen anything posted about this, might have missed it, but The Ancient One doesn't seem to attack Melee and Melee fighters cant attack him (actually you just can't reach him to attack him). Is this on purpose because it isn't finished or just a map mistake? Or am i just retarded? lol
Working as intended. The boss can not be killed without ranged classes.

What makes you think that stealth can only break when moving?

I don't know if this would have an effect (depends on how u set up your name checker triggers) but it seems people whose names start with "N" can't load the guy i played with who couldn't load either was named "Neoseeker" i think... Again it might be a hasty generalization or not even apply to your triggers based on how they're set up... just a pattern i noticed
Maybe they just loaded from incompatible versions? You can only load from 31-01-10 upwards.

NightFelix

Reaction score
It's a tactical element you sometimes need (for example Gaelas Tar).
Ok, I get this clear.

I don't see a reason why I should punish players that are helping others.
No, I mean't to be like this. I mean to prevent power leveling like this situation. In future, if u map getting farther and creep getting stronger. For example, I'm Lv50, i go Lv50 Creep zone, and bringing along a Lv1 newbie to leech exp. so, set a gap like only able to bring that newbie to lv20 zone to leech exp. anyway, it just a suggestion.

Sharing control IS disabled.
hmm... that was weird... last nite when i was playing, i was still able to share control my friend Healer to heal myself... lol?

Why should I do that? Who is helped by that?
i mean, when a people afk in the game for a certain of time(not in town) will be teleport back to town(except inside the dungeon)

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Ok, I get this clear.

No, I mean't to be like this. I mean to prevent power leveling like this situation. In future, if u map getting farther and creep getting stronger. For example, I'm Lv50, i go Lv50 Creep zone, and bringing along a Lv1 newbie to leech exp. so, set a gap like only able to bring that newbie to lv20 zone to leech exp. anyway, it just a suggestion.
This was implemented ages ago.
hmm... that was weird... last nite when i was playing, i was still able to share control my friend Healer to heal myself... lol?
Then there is a bug. Gonna fix that.

i mean, when a people afk in the game for a certain of time(not in town) will be teleport back to town(except inside the dungeon)
Why?

MaTh-

Reaction score
Gaias ORPG

Hello, my friend has a problem for the new version of gaias orpg . At the end of the load, warcraft 3 closes. How is that he can play? :banghead:

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Hello, my friend has a problem for the new version of gaias orpg . At the end of the load, warcraft 3 closes. How is that he can play? :banghead:
Set Texture Quality to high in game settings.

PS: We seriously need a Gaias Retaliation FAQ. >.<

MaTh-

Reaction score
Gaias ORPG

When my friend puts the texture high , we go gaias. And always the same problem. Without has every time he(it) go gaias, its texture recovers in Means. How can it be done?

Lotyc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by douzhi
where ,can me get to the searing blood
it upsets me

Searing Blood is raredrop of bosses in the Caverns of Tranquility. Basilisk's Poison is raredrop of bosses in the bandits cave.

zwieb, u posted this at hiveworkshop. Is it correct that basilisk's poison is dropped from bandits cave creeps, too? i don't say the drop chance is high enough, but i just have gotten poison from the thief there)
PS btw the dropchance is really raaare coz this's my first drop of it since new vers released and i've been playing gaias all days long coz of my ilness.

Lotyc

Reaction score
Some1 already has posted this idea but i didn't see answer on it,so i just repeat it(too lazy to search and quote)
Mb add dungeoun-reset command?)it's needed,forex., when we have party without range dd and can't kill the ancient but we can kill protector. Another exmple isjust lvling at dung. creeps)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.