GeForce7600 GT OC [vs] Diamond Radeon HD 2400 Pro 256MB

shadowmapper

Reaction score
My old video card, BFG's GeForce7600 GT OC, recently died (RIP) and I'm looking for a comparable PCIe replacement for this system, an 2.00 GHz Athlon running on an Asus M2V-MX board.

I'm looking at a Diamond Radeon 'Stealth' HD 2400 Pro 256MB. It seems to be a somewhat comparable card with a core speed of 525MHz (vs the 7600's 580 MHz), thought it's running DDR2 RAM at 800MHz vs the 7600's DD3 RAM running at 1450 MHz.

A replacement 7600 will cost me about $175 plus it will have to be shipped, where as I can pick up the 2400 today and it will only cost about $60. The fact that the 2400 Pro has a S-Video port is also kinda big for me because I use it to interface with a my TV using Composite (R-G-B) jacks.

Anyone who has the 2400 Pro, knows anything about it, running it on this board with an Athlon, basically any input is welcome. Thanks.

PS- I have another system so the slight downgrade is not really an issue for me, basically the video demands on this system are limited to running HD video and Warcraft 3.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is good. We mostly think to ourselves that most users have newer variations of recent motherboard/chipset/graphics card/display/etc. hardwares.

Anyway, answering your question:

You might want to try doing some research on both Geforce 7600GT and ATi Radeon 2400 HD.

Here are some for you to look up:

Geforce 7600GT:
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

ATi Radeon 2400 HD:
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
Link 5

Last resort:
Link.

What you need to do, is to do some comparing. And from there, I expect you to understand fully what your requirements are and which cards suits your needs.

We can't really help out people about this. The only way is to review it.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
based on this

the 7600 is WAY better then the 2400

not sure what/where those prices are, but it makes sense for the 7600 to be more expensive

here's a more direct comparison, the 7600 gets almost double the FPS on average

edit: if the graphics aren't important, why not just go with a TV tuner card?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.