Ghost Lake RPG

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Chocobo said:
I'm saying finish that if you finished your spell list style I don't know what to use for terraining of spells
Spell terraining? do you mean spell triggering?

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
OK (now, each number of trigger is equal to the same number of spell) E=events, C=conds, A=actions
E:
unit learns a skill
C:
Hero learned Skill equal to Battlelust
A:
Set level of ability 1
Add X% percentage to (triggering unit's) current attack speed
Set level of ability 2
Set level of ability 3.......final level
2. Let's say Lv1 15% chance to hex
E:
Unit starts casting an ability
C:
Ability being cast equal to Voodoo Tactics
A:
From random integer A (from 15 to 100) do actions
loop-actions
Set integer less or equal to 15
Make (dummy unit) cast hex on (target of ability being cast)
Set integer more than 15
do nothing
3. Take voodoo spirits 2 do this and have ur unit as a spirit with mana drain
E:
Unit begins casting an ability
C:
Ability being cast equal to Spirits of the Spark
A:
Order (spirit unit variable) to cast mana drain on (closest enemy unit from 50 range offset from position of -spirit unit variable-
Add an expiration timer to (spirit unit variable) of X secs

THESE 4 NOW

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Add % percentage to attack speed doesn't exist. I will solve it with Gloves of Haste.

2st skill will cast the spell 15 to 100 times on the target? Maybe i can use it to cast on each unit around the caster.

3st skill : I don't know how to take the closest unit. Maybe a JASS function?

Code:
function TakeClosestUnit takes unit StartPoint, takes real Range, returns unit
[COLOR=Red]What to call after? I don't know.[/COLOR]

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Dear Chocobo,
1.Set (triggering unit's current attack speed to X)-that's it
2.No comment, ur choice
3.I can't do JASS, but I think we could do it by triggers.
I'll bump 4 the next ability triggers

ROBBYDOBBY

Reaction score
The ghosty place

MY 'lil story.

sulfur village was in perfect harmony for a long time, filled with talented people.
But after a mysterious tradesman visits their village a curse is put upon them.
Old granpa Bob died of Yellow teeth,(Can you?)But his rocking chair rocks(well not anymore because they burned it at the annual bonfire^^)and little jimmy went fishing but never came back, the elder said a giant gold fish ate him.After everyone fled from the village Bill just came back from the toilet(it went on for 2 months, so he didnt know about anything:) ) He felt weird when he didn't find anyone in the village,but a noise came from Bobs house.It was a moan, a terrible moan, like my sisters yawn in the morning.Bill Took his chances with death and entered the house,as Bill put his hands on the door knob and twisted it, a sudden jolt thrust the door open.Bob looked up, and to his horror a ghostly figure stand before him, dripping in blood(and Bill dripping in urine:p)The ghost possesed Bill and took him upstairs. The walls were peeled down,and then their was a terrible sightIt was Bob Jr. , soaked in blood, his head seperated from his shoulders(too much panda pop makes your head go POP!)
Bill looked at Bob jr with avengeness in his eyes.So out of his pocket he pulled a .45 Calibur Magnum, but it was out of rounds so he got an axe from the fireplace(A lesson to be learned!What you dont know the lesson?cos i don't i WAS hoping you would.)
Any ways, bill stepped out from the house, infront of him stood a village, this wasnt sulfur village anymore, it was suffer village.
Bill noticed he was standing in his wee from the ghost fright, so he stepped out and headed to the graveyeard(wha?no graveyard!)
Bill got in his car and drove to his bros house until Sulfur village gets returned to normal.Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut his bros house was also a ghost town so he drove to his sis's house, but thaaaaaaaaaaat was a ghost town aswell, so he drove to burger barn, got a burger,refuelled and drove back to his house.lets cure this village!(cod liver oil dosen't work, it stinks.)
hows that for a story!

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
I have a mini game in mind:
Some lake ghouls have kidnapped an innocent (beautiful) young girl and you try to save her by making this game: A 1hit K.O game where u must bring down the ghouls before they do u.Is this of any help?
MORE MINI-GAMES COMING :cool:

Reaction score
How about:

A ghost ship has appeared on the land.
Players must infiltrate it and steal a golden treasure. To do so, each of them can hire a diffirent mercenary - One is more stealthy, another is faster, third can sleepe enemies etc.
using mercenaries, you must travel to the end of the ship avoiding contact of any Ghosts/skeletons/ugly stuff and come back with the treasure. Treasure is either split equally for all players or each player may go as far as he wants - Liek a small treasure at the starting place, and better treasures further.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
New mini game:

Like survival:U have a boat and u try to reach the other side of a river without being hit by the residents of the waters (which pop up out of it).
Try to have runes that increase armor, speed or make the "residents" pop up less often

G

grimtooth

Mini Game #1 - Something Smells Fishy!

Story:

The recent weird and ghastly events happening in Ghost Lake has affected the nearby village of Swampdom. The village has always been surrounded by swamp and bogs & constantly shielded by a thick fog. Recently, weird sounds have been heard and many an adventurer have fallen prey to the mysterious powers of the swamp.

To make matters worse, the fog has recently thickened, rendering travellers' vision useless. Petty magics of vision & revealing will not work, the reason unknown. Some minor magicians that keep the village safe from the fog postulate that a greater evil is at work.

The village elders have decided to hire your group to discover the secret behind the fog. They promise you an artifact of the village which can help you calm the spirits of lesser ghosts. They give you the use of spirit sensitive dogs, which some travellers have used to travel into the village. Such dogs howl when they sense an evil presence near.

Game:

As stated in the story, you have to move through a mini maze.Your heroes' vision is reduced to 200 and each of you have one dog companion. The dog will howl when you approach an evil spirit, say within the range of 350. You need some good effects & terrain to cash in on the eerie and scary effect. The inability to see also helps.

There will be 3 kinds of spirits:
1. Mourners -- Those unfortunate who died in the fog. When you run into them, they will reduce your vision to 100 & render you to move in the opposite direction of where you click for 10 seconds. They do NOT move.
2. Death Hands -- These are the physical embodiment of the evil behind the fog. If you get within 150 range of the Death Hand, they will give chase for 3 seconds. Once you come in contact with them, they will curse you for 45 seconds. In that 45 seconds, if you run into them again, they will possess you. You will be transported to the final room, as a minion of the Evil Force. Movement speed = Average of heroes - 20?
3. Ra'Morte -- Morte, or death. When you encounter them you will be inflicted with a serious disease, which will have the same as (2), but it will take effect in 5 minutes.

The maze should be able to be solved in 8 minutes. And, in the end you'll end up in a room having to fight against 3 necromancers, who have lots of dead at their command. They will take turns to summon demons & creatures of death. Each one summons until his mana depletes, & will turn ethereal. If you decide to use magic on the ethereal necromancer, he will receive twice the damage, but if he survives it, the damage will be returned to you ten-fold.

MINIBOSS:
Necromancer:
HP: Weak?
MP: Enough to last for 10 summons, for about 1 minute?
Stats: Dunno. Lol.
Skills:
1. Summon Demon
2. Raise Dead
3. Ethereal Plane
4. Greater Raise Dead (raises 20 dead minions, depletes all mana).

Upon death, it is revealed that these ethereal necromancers are drawn to the site by the huge death presence surrounding the mysterious death of Ghost Lake.

Reward:
Some artifact that allows the user to cast an area spell to deal 1000 damage to lessers ghosts (level 5 and below) and purges the higher level ghosts by a factor of 1/12 and regains normal movement speed over 8 seconds. Cooldown
of 60 seconds.

EDIT:
Other rewards include goodies stuck in the maze? Dropped by previous travellers. Some might help them in the miniboss battle.

---

How does that sound? I have one more idea, but that has to wait. I've spent like half an hour typing this one. I still need to fill in some details for that.

EDIT: Hmm... You could lower the Heroes' movement speed, and make the ghosts have about the same speed. This benefits by allowing you to make a smaller maze, as they need more time to go through a smaller area, and the players can see where they are walking clearly. I mean, if your vision is limited and you know that there are stuff hidden there to get you, you would move slowly.

G

grimtooth

Mini Game #2 - Cultist, Who?

Story:

A cult has recently decided to infiltrate the village of lake (I don't know the name), and is hidden as one of the villagers. They plan to use the evil surrounding the village to summon the greater demon, Iacula'mburo, the javelin thrower who scorches.

Game:

Once you activate the quest, you have 10 minutes to discover the cultist. He/She will be hidden in the tavern. You will get hints around the town, by asking people and discovering stuff.

Suspect List:
  1. Acolyte
  2. Peasant
  3. Footman
  4. Woman Villager
  5. Man Villager
  6. Hermit (model is Medivh)
  7. Bartender (model is dark human)
  8. Mercenary (model Bandit)
  9. Woodcutter (model is Militia)

Acolyte:
  • You will discover a corpse nearby a Graveyard or Temple.
  • You will discover an Acolyte Staff hidden in a nearby wood.
  • You can find signs of struggle at the Graveyard or Temple.

Peasant
  • You will discover a corpse at the crop field.
  • You must dig up a farmer's hoe at a nearby granary.
  • You can find crop circles. XD Signs of struggle at the farm.

Footman

• You will discover a corpse at a Guard Post.
  • You will find armor/sword at any defense posts or gates.
  • You will find blood splatters about guard towers, like he's being chased.

Woman/Man Villager
  • You will discover a corpse behind a house.
  • You will dicover inner clothing (male/female) somewhere in the village.
  • You will find an abandoned building, or hear from people.
  • There may also be struggles in farm as well. ;)

Hermit
  • You will discover a corpse outside the village, near caves or sheltered parts of the wood.
  • You will discover Hermit's Staff somewhere near the village.
  • You will find struggles in the wood or Temple.

Bartender
  • You will discover a corpse in the village.
  • You will discover malt, or brewing tools, etc.
  • You will find struggle in barley farm or village.

Mercenary
  • You will discover a corpse in woods/Merc Camp.
  • You will discover sword/shield/javelin/spear.
  • You will find signs of struggle around Mercenary Camp and village.
  • You will also discover that a while ago, some shadowy guy hired a mercenary and vanished into the woods.

Woodcutter
  • You will discover corpse in the wood.
  • You will discover Woodcutter's Axe.
  • You will find signs of struggle in the woods. Includes, scorched ground around some chopped down trees.

You can add more hints, as some applies to both. So, when you're ready, confront the Head Guard, and confront the suspect.

If correct;
You will fight a lesser demon.

If wrong;
You will cause the death of an innocent, that person will be raised as a spirit which will haunt you for 3 nights. 3 nights you will not receive health & mana regeneration. And you will have to fight the following demon:

If time runs out;
You will have to fight the demon. You will stop it at the gate of another dimension, to prevent it from going through. He is tough, gives good exp and drops a good item.

Reward:
Either way, you will receive a village artifact. If you get it correct, you will get an extra item and more exp, although slightly less than the greater demon you will have to fight.

stavious

Reaction score
Really cool mini-game ideas :D . Only thing I'd like to comment is if the time runs out on the second mission you thought of, I think it would be more appropiate that the same thing happens as though you have picked the wrong person (for then people will just not pick anyone at all :eek: ).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.