Ghost Lake RPG

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
From http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30648

I need help for making the map : Ghost Lake RPG.

Ghost Lake RPG is a map that bases on Hero Making, Spell Selection, and Stats Selection, which are savable on 35 digits(3 for Level, 2 for each Item x6, 1 for Hero Type, 2 for each Skills x5, and 3 for each Attribute x3). The terrain is fully based on the remake of Heroes And Empires' terrain, I remade exactly the terrain after saving 2598 times the map (I have take 2 months, around 43 saves every day!)

Currently, there is no one who really helped me on the map. If someone helps me, credits will be added when Anti-Lag trigger will be started.
Do not cry if you see imported files' size equal to 4488 kb (245 files). World Editor seems to auto-optimize files when they are imported, so when you save the map, the file size is lesser than imported files' size.

History : 0% (I need a story!)
Terrain 256x256 : 75% (Need to make it more scary)
Doodads : 75% (Need to make it more scary)
Units : 1% (There is a base for Placement of units)
Abilities : 1% (I have got a base)
Buffs : 0%
Heroes : 0%
Items : 0%
Triggers : 0% (I have to search for Save Load Code v0.13f)
Gameplay Constants : 50% (There is a Hero Stats base)
Game Interface : 0%

Map Page : http://www.freewebs.com/worldeditorhelper/ghostlake.htm
Download Link : http://www.freewebs.com/worldeditorhelper/Ghost Lake RPG v2.60.w3x (1.91 mb)
Imported Files Download Link (Not full) : http://www.freewebs.com/worldeditorhelper/Ghost Lake.zip (5.93 mb for 171 files)

TFT Expansion is Required.
The map is very big, it has 5869 destructibles and 1777 doodads (7676 destructibles for a limit of 8192).

Terrain
NiKaNoRoU_GR
---

Units
---

Abilities
---

Doodads Replacement
---

Items
---

Triggers (At least knowing local variables please)
---

Story
NiKaNoRoU_GR
stavious
---

// Out of Topic
// Save Load Code v0.18f : http://www.thehelper.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4813
// Save Load Code v0.19a : http://www.thehelper.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5194
// Weapons/Shields Attachements : http://www.thehelper.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5017
// Save Load Topic : http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29952
// Hero Balancing Topic :
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34411
// How to use MIDI files in Warcraft III :
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34528

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
About Abilities' base, here is the full base :

Positive Effect Spells - Self Spells
Code:
1 : Bloodlust
2 : Frenzy Attack (Frenzy Base, Self)
3 : Inner Magic (Inner Fire)
4 : Sleeping Regen (Rejuvenation, [COLOR=Red]Triggered[/COLOR], it sleeps the target and heals)
5 : Teleportation Reincarnate (Bootle of Healing, [COLOR=Red]Triggered[/COLOR], to revive the target if he dies and if he has the Sleeping Regen Buff, also MultiSpelled because leveling it stay at level 1)
6 : Divine Wind (Wind Walk, Long time Wind Walk for short time)
7 : Air Boots (Scroll of Speed, [COLOR=Red]Triggered[/COLOR], it casts a small amount time invisibility to the caster, MultiSpelled)
8 : Time Dimention (Banish, speed increase and small amount of time)
9 : Absorb Life (Vampiric Potion, MultiSpelled? to be checked)
10 : Defend
11 : Magic Shield (Frost Armor)

Passive Skill - Aura AoE or no AoE
Code:
1 : Critical Strike
2 : Evasion
3 : Angel Blow (Drunken Brawler)
4 : Counterblow (Thorns Aura)
5 : Evasive Shield (Devotation Aura)
6 : Forge's Weapon (Command Aura)
7 : Shadow Training (Endurance Aura)
8 : Maniement (Gauntlets of Speed, MultiSpelled)
9 : Power Life (Unholy Aura, No Speed boost but high life regeneration)
10 : Forge Strike (Engineering Upgrade, only for damage)
11 : Seek (Gem of True Seeing, MultiSpelled)

Attack Spells List
Code:
1 : Lantern (Serpent Ward)
2 : Flame Strike
3 : Bolt of Fire (Firebolt)
4 : Fire Storm (Rain of Fire)
5 : Snowball (Iceball)
6 : Frost Area (Frost Nova)
7 : Ice Shards
8 : Water Wave (Crushing Wave)
9 : Thunder Storm (Monsoon)
10 : Purge Energy (Purge)
11 : Magic Burn (Mana Burn)
12 : Shockwave Force (Shockwave)
13 : Absorb (Life Steal & Mana Steal)
14 : Flying Jump (Impale)
15 : Angel's Strike (Stormbolt, [COLOR=Red]Triggered[/COLOR], based on Omnislash like of Sephiroth)
16 : Venom Strike (Shadow Strike, small damage but long time)
17 : Lightbolt (Starfall)
18 : Stop (War Stomp, [COLOR=Red]Triggered[/COLOR], it stops units and sets their Animation Speed to 0.00% for X seconds)
19 : Slap (Thunder Clap)
20 : Track (Faerie Fire, long duration)
21 : Roar (Howl of Terror)
22 : Battle Order (Provocate)

Healing Spells
Code:
1 : Holybolt (Holy Light)
2 : Healing Bounce (Healing Wave)
3 : Healing Ward
4 : Full Heal (Potion of Healing, MultiSpell)
5 : Rejuvenation (Roar, no damage up, no armor up, only Life regeneration bonus)
6 : Area Bolt (Scroll of Healing, MultiSpell)
7 : Area Healing (Scroll of Rejuvenation, MultiSpell)
8 : Critter Transformation (Hex)
9 : Polymorph
10 : Time Waste (Slow)
11 : Food Searcher (Cannibalize)

N

NiKaNoRoU

Dragons are in my veins...

Very well done, Chocobo.I think u must have worked hard to present such an interesting RPG.However, u should watch out for any bugs your map has, and fix them.Oh, and don't forget to lock your map so that no one can steal ideas from it.

For your story:
Start by placing a scary unit in front of the camera and make a trigger which contains the text which says (e.g) "Save us from it!"
you can make an unaqiurable item or building whch says the story as its tooltip.
here is an ideal story:
ETERNAL LAKE. Such a dreadful place was used once to hide stolen goods by the swiftest thiefs in the land.But one day, something darker covered the lake and the thiefs were dissapeared in mist.Now a monstrsity dwells the lake and (five heroes) had the courage to face it.HAD the courage...
TRY OUT GHOST LAKE v1.00 by Chocobo.
if u want, take the story and adapt it on your characters, good and evil.

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29844&highlight=ghost+lake

my tutorial to making darker scenery, im willing to help with anything you need.. except models.. i cant do that yet lol (seriously they mentioned my tutorial in the other thread.. lol)

Im very useful and creative!
i can edit skins/icons even make a few icons from scratch depending on what ya need! xD
i know a little jass, and uh, i dunno what else
tell me what you need and i help xD

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
I need help for terraining for the moment.

Edit #1 : If you can create a lake that travel the map (I think it will take forever) and if there are bridges to connect the two lands it will be really great and I will put your name in the map as a good terrainner and I will give you some reputation points. Thanks in advance if you read this.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
NiKaNoRoU said:
Very well done, Chocobo.I think u must have worked hard to present such an interesting RPG.However, u should watch out for any bugs your map has, and fix them.Oh, and don't forget to lock your map so that no one can steal ideas from it.

For your story:
Start by placing a scary unit in front of the camera and make a trigger which contains the text which says (e.g) "Save us from it!"
you can make an unaqiurable item or building whch says the story as its tooltip.
here is an ideal story:
ETERNAL LAKE. Such a dreadful place was used once to hide stolen goods by the swiftest thiefs in the land.But one day, something darker covered the lake and the thiefs were dissapeared in mist.Now a monstrsity dwells the lake and (five heroes) had the courage to face it.HAD the courage...
TRY OUT GHOST LAKE v1.00 by Chocobo.
if u want, take the story and adapt it on your characters, good and evil.

Hmm. About map locking, i will NEVER forget it, because I made a save load that has been stolen by Koga73 and a Escape map I made has been stole too by him. And also he stole my Spiral Wisp trigger (It does a X that turn itself).
About the story, it is really a good story and I will put your name into the map and on the first post.

N

NiKaNoRoU_Dr

Even the Dragons play Chocobo's map!

Thanks for the honor, Chocobo.I have many GHOSTLY ideas for terraining:
For example, how about making a creepy island in the middle of the lake with a boss and connect it with the 2 bridges :shades: ?
In addition, why don't you create a mountain instead of the island (bigger but better) with scales around it and bridges :cool: .
You could also create some riddles for the travellers?It will be hard but worth in the end.Let me explain:(e.g)you may hide a key inside some trees in (well hidden) in order the heroes to find 'coz it will lead to a treasure or path ;) .
For any ideas above, if they're sucks or already thought, let me know.

I have more fishy ideas, I think I'll post again later :D .

stavious

Reaction score
NiKaNoRoU_Dr said:
For example, how about making a creepy island in the middle of the lake with a boss and connect it with the 2 bridges :shades: ?
In addition, why don't you create a mountain instead of the island (bigger but better) with scales around it and bridges :cool: .
You could also create some riddles for the travellers?It will be hard but worth in the end.Let me explain:(e.g)you may hide a key inside some trees in (well hidden) in order the heroes to find 'coz it will lead to a treasure or path ;) .
Those ideas are pretty good. Chocobo you can go far with a Ghost style creepy map ;) , because it has a lot of possibilties and it has a lot of potential. The riddles idea is the best I think. You can even add a sort of mini mystery into the map. It would add to the 'spookiness' of your map a lot, to have the Hero trying to find hidden and forgotten clues about dead ghosts and missing theives.
If you want help about a good story, or many optional quest ideas PM me and I will gladly give you some. :D

WastedSavior

Reaction score
er, those ideas kinda seem simple to me.. theres no debth.. no reason..
why would there be a giant boss in the middle of the lake? whats his purpose?
the only thing i see is it fuels the game, its motivation "you gotta kill this to win"
but why? people like plots, give a person a story and they'll enjoy the game 3 times as much, let people sink their teeth into the plot, it seems kinda mean, but you want people to be sad when they finish the game, like a good book!
and make multiple methods of playing it, you can be evil, or good, so people will replay to experiment

stavious

Reaction score
Plot Idea

OK get this:
Spooky Story
Years ago, the village was peaceful (as much as one is). There was a girl at the age of 16 who was engaged to a boy of her age. Though she loved some other man. A week before their engaged marraige, the husband to be discovered of her love affair with the other guy. Raged with anger, he challanged him for a duel, in which he eventually one. The girl was deeply depressed after this, and committed suicide, by drowning herself in the lake (hehe, going back to the last idea). Her future husband was horrified, and dissapeared, no one knows where he went, and no one dared enter his house since. The spirit of the girl is still said to huant the lake until this very day...

Typical I know :rolleyes: . But that's my example of a stroy (that with a bit more thinking and developement) can make people excited about the plot (or maybe even cry ;) ).

WastedSavior

Reaction score
you could improve by adding more details like, you meet up with the husband (to be) but you dont know hes the guy, he explains the story, gets you around in his boat (hes a hermit in a swamp that branches off from the lake)
have people get interested in him, hes a nice attractive guy whos funny, get people liking him, then shit happens, zombies and ghosts all over! whatever (not sure about what chocobo is going for) attack villages, he confronts the lady of the lake (the drowned girl) and dies trying to stop her, you get him out just to have him die down the river, he asks you in a dramatic way to bring peace to her

then have methods of stopping her, like finding the bones of her lover, or start a ritual to banish her, xD stories are fun

stavious

Reaction score
:eek: That nearly exactly what I was thinking of! Only I didn't add it so it won't be to long. I also thought of the hero meeting the husband to be, and confronting the girl, of course. ;) Also to start of the game, it can be made clear the the girl's lover who died in a duel was the main hero's uncle.

N

NiKaNoRoU_Dr

Well fought, Dragons!

I am really going to admire Stavious and his story, but wastedwarrior seems too romantic :nuts: .
Here are more suggestions:
1.Shipwrecks around the lake revealing its darkest aims!
2.A well hidden part of the story could be interesting (whatever the story will be)
3.I would like to see a boss like the forgotten one from FT
4.Add optional quests which increase the interest.

WastedSavior

Reaction score
too romantic? my friend what in life is better to live for then romance?!
i was just building on his story, if i had my way you'd all be reading 3 pages lol :D
what else could i possibley do with 2 lovers and a girl torn between them?
its a romance story! i see no other possibilities lol

stavious

Reaction score
WastedSavior said:
what else could i possibley do with 2 lovers and a girl torn between them?
its a romance story! i see no other possibilities lol
I agree. Ghost stories are (nearly always) romantic in some way. Otherwise they'd be lame and boring... But of course that doesn't have to be the whole map (though it is a good general plot :rolleyes: ). Add some optional missions around it given by the ghost-fearing villages that still live in a old and half ruined village. Things that can get you sent into a scary cave (that with some camera and cinametics effects can be great ;) ) in order to read the cave markings of the curse, while the cave (of course) is protected by ghosts itself.
Maybe one old woman will tell you of her husband that returns to her every night, asking her to join him (this can be made very exciting). She has been thinking about killing herself, but needs you to put her husband's soul at peace, if she is to remain among the living. ;)
Got more where that came from, and I can expand on anything. :)

WastedSavior

Reaction score
personally i dont view ghosts as a stable plot, they're not solid, no matter how you spin it, you can't have HOURS of fun because some dumb chick killed herself.. it resolves too easily.. im sure theres ways around that, but what power could she have? shes not a priestess or a necromancer, she can't summon armies.. i dunno its far fetched to base the whole plot off her, she seems more like a mini-quest.. maybe once you solve her problem she'll tell you whats actually causing all the problems, you could also have her give the player an item, that allows you to see beyond the material plane (opening new quests) like being able to see will o the wisps in a swamp, or some guy sobbing over his own grave.. etc

N

NiKaNoRoU_Dr

Dragons, Make Me Patient!!!!!!

hmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............
OK, let's say your romance is the best idea.Next, you think that an entire map's quests would stand 2-3 peoples' romance!!!!!!

N

NiKaNoRoU_Dr

You BET!!!!
Now, it seems we should suggest more of terrain.

stavious

Reaction score
The ghost of the girl can have powers of course, some abilities are prefect for ghosts: like Silence and Charm and maybe even Entangling Roots. Also you don't have to fight her; she can just give you an item that lets you see ghosts, or tell you the source of the ghosts or something ;) . Also, when an entire story like that one is made into a game (with many additional optional quests, some more related to the main plot than others) it can be great (depending who does it :eek: ). :D
Think how cool it would be to play for let's say, 4 hours, and when you complete the entire game you get something like a 2-4 minutes cinametic that shows you the past and how everything really happened (the deaths and betrays). That would send a chill down anyone's spin :D .

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.