WIP Golden Tower Offense

Lightstalker

Reaction score
MinimapPNG-1.png

Built on Golden Chaos, Golden Tower Offense is a new kind of Tower Defense. Unlike a Tower Defense, GTO is a heavily team-focused, competitive map where 2 teams of 4 players will try to destroy their opponents' Gold Mine. To achieve this, build towers to kill your opponents' towers and Mercenaries.

Some Mercenaries will make a comeback, while some will be replaced with other Mercenaries.

More details will be given as the map gets closer to release.

Returning Mercenaries:
- Ogre Guardian
- Prize Bandit
- Satyr Scout

New Mercenaries:
- Venal Dragon
- Destroyer Dragon
- Gnoll Filcher
- Harpy Jailbird
- Booty Hunter
- Eredar Sinner
- Centaur Legionnaire
- Archer Lacerer

First Release Goals:
- 11 Mercenary Units
- 8 Towers
- 3 Upgrade per Tower
- 7 Global Upgrades

Overall Progress: 50%
- Terrain: 50%
- Creeps: 70%
- Towers: 50%
- Systems & Triggers: 40%

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe you should wait with posting your map here until you know how your game will be played exactly?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Sh! Lightstalker has made many maps and has completed them all! :)

Play his other map in which this one is based on - Golden Chaos - it is very fun and will let you understand this better... slightly, lol.

I think you send the "Mercenaries", not towers?

Lightstalker

Reaction score
Sh! Lightstalker has made many maps and has completed them all! :)

Play his other map in which this one is based on - Golden Chaos - it is very fun and will let you understand this better... slightly, lol.

I think you send the "Mercenaries", not towers?

No... I released 2 maps out of 5 I made... the other I abandonned :p
And yeah... you send mercenaries not towers ;)

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Sh! I'm trying to defend you. ^_^

Yay, I got it right. Well, I'll be waiting. Hey, what happened to Genocida? the one where I spent hours terraining... :( you didn't abandon that, did you? :D

Lightstalker

Reaction score
Sh! I'm trying to defend you. ^_^

Yay, I got it right. Well, I'll be waiting. Hey, what happened to Genocida? the one where I spent hours terraining... :( you didn't abandon that, did you? :D

Yes... ::ashamedsmiley:: (if there was one)

The only reason I'm mapping for Wc3 again is because SC2 isn't going to come till 2009... so I have enough time to make 1 more map for wc3, and then take a break till sc2 comes out :)

Lightstalker

Reaction score
Aw... :( :D Oh well!

Good luck on this map then!

Btw, if anyone wants to help me by making a minimap image, I will give them credit. (Usually, I'd do it myself and base it on the GC minimap image, but I don't have PSP anymore so I have to remake it from scratch)

Lightstalker

Reaction score
Bump. Updated the first post with lots more new info.

Currently working on building the system that will generate the terrain.

At the current rate, I expect to be done by the end of october.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Depending on whether it is like a Maze type, free-form type, lane type (like the paths are set and you build on the sides).

If it is a mazing type, the terrain can be pretty random, but the building section should be even. It doesn't have to be a straight line, but the turns should be straight and stuff.

If it is a free-form type, it can be random mostly, excluding the planned blocker sections or whatever. But it's still nice to have even areas.

If it is a lane type, then of course it has to be even with the lanes going straight with turns and things, and the building space has to be even.

For all of them, the spacing should fit your tower builds i.e. 2X2 Towers = Multiples of 2 Building Space.

Advena

Just casually observing atm ;)
Reaction score
Lightstalker said:
Btw, if anyone wants to help me by making a minimap image, I will give them credit.

I'd love to help out, but why not use the image you have in the first post up here?? Looks like a perfect minimap image to me :rolleyes:

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Hey, Light, did you read my previous post where I answered your question with detail. It's on the first page. :D

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
Need some help. When you play a tower defense, what do you expect the terrain to be like?

IMO, 3 checkpoint maze is a perfect terrain. But if it is 4v4, you should use a ''go to another player before going to another player before going to the end, for every player'' maze type. You surely dont get it amrite? lemme explain.

Spawn 1 goes to checkpoint 1
Checkpoint 1 goes to checkpoint 2
Checkpoint 2 goes to the end
Spawn 2 goes to checkpoint 2
Checkpoint 2 goes to checkpoint 3
Checkpoint 3 goes to the end
Spawn 3 goes to checkpoint 3
Checkpoint 3 goes to checkpoint 4
Checkpoint 4 goes to the end
Spawn 4 goes to checkpoint 4
Checkpoint 4 goes to checkpoint 1
Checkpoint 1 goes to the end

And how to make that? Use custom values, it is pretty simple and never seen, if you need help, i can terrain and trigger the movements for joo :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.