Has anyone ever been to the Kalimdor (Asia) server and host games?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm here to promote players the Kalimdor (Asia) server. We'll just call it Asia server.

Actually, it's the only server that's very lonesome. Compared to US West, US East, and Europe, Asia has the fewest players in Battle.net. If you want to include Starcraft players, then it's off topic for you.

Can anyone tell me why people never go there? If you are looking for low ping times, when you go over to the Asia server, you'll realize ping times are an average low. If you use Reign of Chaos, you'll really wondered if Asia server is actually Blizzard's official server; No one is there to play!!

Care to share your comments and thought about why not going to the Asia server and why? Has anyone ever been to the Asia server and host games before? :(

I hate it when people waste their times finding games other than DOTA in the USWest, Europe, and USEast servers, when they didn't realize there's only a few DOTA players hosting the game in Asia. The potentials are endless in Asia.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Because I'm closer to the U.S. West server. Then now that I'm banned, closer to the U.S. East, Asia is pretty much the farthest away from me so I don't see a point

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
If you're closer to US West, have you ever tried Asia before? Even if it's pretty far away, there are fewer players in that server, thus bandwidth is smoother than other servers.

I mean, it doesn't hurt to try.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
From looking at mapgnome.org and the domination of East Asian maps on the most popular list, I was under the apparently mistaken impression that Kalimdor was by far the most populated server.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Is it English there? Cause I hate it when I can't understand anything. Like when the map name is ... and theres no description on anything.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
It's because most of the maps are mostly made up of two types: Normal melee maps and Dota-like hybrids called The Three Kingdom. The latter is usually played in the times of the ancient battles in China.

There's hardly actual players playing Warcraft 3. Most of them are Starcraft players, hence the domination of East Asian servers; They came from Korea, Japan, China, Malaysia, Phillipines, and India, and they make up the population for that.

I'm afraid there's no English; That place is like the Unknown Land. People who uses English Warcraft 3 games can't see what they are saying.

If you play RoC in Asia, you'll see you're the only one playing in Asia. I've been there, and there's nobody home.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Why would I want to play with higher ping, and everyone talks some kind of asian language that I don't know a shit about?

That's why.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Mostly cuss words and Chinese slang terms. I played a few and they all cuss. Ignore them. You don't want to be reading those and lose your game.

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I like to go to the European server if I can't find any games on.
(but I don't like the French people, because I cant understand them.)

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I like to go to the European server if I can't find any games on.
(but I don't like the French people, because I cant understand them.)

The Russians are far worse for that reason.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
They are not far worse for that; They just didn't know what to do, so they have no choice but to ask. I have a Russian friend, I can tell what the problems Russian people have in European servers.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I love the french guys (or quebecois guys) that speak English, their sense of humor is 10 times better than all the idiots who think "nigger" is the funniest thing in the world.

gjcraig

Reaction score
ya

I drop in and play a game or two in asia once a month. BUT.... like you said its a very "dead" server. Meaning its harder then the other realms to get a full game going. Still though the main reason I go over there is to give em a new map or two that I love just so they have a chance to enjoy it too.

iRawr

Reaction score
Instead of convincing OTHERS to join Kalimdor, why don't you just go to Lordaeron or something?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.