Help me with my trigger

Darkonight

Reaction score
I am creating a dungeon were you enter a place and a wave starts... I tried fixing it but something isnt working. Please take a look at it :)

Trigger:
  • Road to Lord of all Bandits
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 051 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: This is the Road to...
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn on Bandit Waves <gen>

Trigger:
  • Bandit Waves
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 5 Bandit [Elite] for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 051 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 5 Brigand [Elite] for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 051 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 5 Enforcer [Elite] for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 051 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 5 Assassin [Elite] for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 051 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 10 Bandit [Elite] for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 051 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 10 Brigand [Elite] for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 051 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 10 Enforcer [Elite] for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 051 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 10 Assassin [Elite] for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 051 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 60.00 seconds
      • Set Place = (Center of Region 045 <gen>)
      • Set Units = (Units in Region 051 <gen> owned by (Picked player))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Units and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to Place

And i know the end there with Set Place and Set Units is kinda retarded and is something i can fix my self. I just wanna know why the wave aint starting.

You could help me at the end tho, cause i had a diffrent one before but it made so when u died u still got transported. :)

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You turn on the second trigger and then what?? I don't see any action calling your trigger to run...

Turning on a trigger means that is enabled to be executed, it doesn't mean to run immediately the actions inside it

You need something like this below. But If you don't execute the trigger again I suggest you stuck it to the first one....
Trigger:
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Run Bandit Waves <gen> (ignoring conditions)

Cyte

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit enters TC2SPAWN 1 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To (Center of Main Destination <gen>)

"Unit - Move (Picked Units) INSTANTLY to your location" will teleport your creeps -__-

Darkonight

Reaction score
Will this work you think?

Trigger:
  • Last Boss Drop
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to The Ruler of all Bandits
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 10
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Create Bandit Boots at (Center of Region 039 <gen>)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 20
            • Then - Actions
              • Item - Create Bandit Armor at (Center of Region 039 <gen>)
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                • Then - Actions
                  • Item - Create Bandit Axe at (Center of Region 039 <gen>)
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Item - Create Bandit Hood at (Center of Region 039 <gen>)
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Item - Create Very Small Health Potion at (Center of Region 039 <gen>)

Cyte

Reaction score
Yea, that will work on every death of the dying units.
But you can only can one of the item or NONE when the unit dies.

Darkonight

Reaction score
Yea, thats what i want ;) And I will copy it like 3 times ^^

So will this work?

Trigger:
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 8.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 5 Bandit [Elite] for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 051 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 5 Brigand [Elite] for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 051 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 14.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 5 Enforcer [Elite] for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 051 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 15.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 5 Assassin [Elite] for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 051 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 30.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 Bandit Lord for Neutral Hostile at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 60.00 seconds
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 051 <gen>) and do (Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Center of Region 045 <gen>))

Cyte

Reaction score
Yea, it'll work fine. Turn the trigger off before the text display if you don't it to spawn twice at the same time. (In case the hero leave the region and re-enter it again)

Darkonight

Reaction score
It's like u write -enter then u get to the region where this trigger start. then at the end you come to another part of the dungeon and then you you get out again. So i don't need to turn of the trigger do i? (Didn't rly understand "Before the next display" :)

It's like a survival room before the Inctanse

Darkonight

Reaction score
Alright, Something wrong with this? And also, how do i add an experation time? I tried doing it without and I had no idea what I'm doing. So I just ask here :D

Trigger:
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 8.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 3 Bandit [Elite] for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 051 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 3 Brigand [Elite] for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 051 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 14.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 2 Enforcer [Elite] for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 051 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 15.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 2 Assassin [Elite] for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 051 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 30.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 Bandit Lord for Neutral Hostile at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 60.00 seconds
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 051 <gen>) and do (Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Center of Region 045 <gen>))

Help please.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
also the rolls for items would be messed up, u should set a variable equal to a random number then use that for every item, so it has an equal chance for every item, the current way it rolls 10 different times, each more likely to drop than the last

this is how the roll chances for each item would go with the way you are using it...
item 1: 10% chance
item 2: 18% chance
item 3: 21.6% chance
item 4: 24.16% chance
item 5: ~18% chance
item 6: ~10.5% chance
item 7: ~5.5% chance
item 8: ~2% chance
etc, the 10th item would have a chance so small for the drop it would never ever drop

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
There are item tables in this Editor where you can manage drops properly. Or you can take a random number between 1 and 100 and then check if nuber is 1 to 10 to drop something if is from 11 to 25 to drop another thing and so on...

Oh, and are you sure you don't want to move units to fight area whenever a unit group is spawned??
Because now the dungeon members must wait about 140 seconds to see any creep.

Darkonight

Reaction score
I tried the drop system and I's nice, and i want diffrent chanse on items cause som are better then others :)

Well it anyway, thanks for all the help :D

inevit4ble

Reaction score
You can set the chance of the drop with the item tables.

In each table you add sets of items whereby you can set the % of those items dropping.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.