Help With AceHart's Save/Load System

mightylink

Reaction score
Well I waited 24 hours and I didnt get a reply or a PM back from aceheart so I am making this thread in the genera area this time instead of in AceHeart's thread.

I cant get this to work. I copied the category over to my map and I had auto create variables on. I added all my things to the initial trigger, heroes, abilities, items but the other 2 triggers wont work and are giving errors.

line 109: expected a name
and so on...

Please help :( what am I doing wrong. I had my map on battlenet a few times but I get bad critisizm for not having a save and load system, people get mad and leave and no one wants to play my map.

Here is a screenshot of the error.
savehelp.jpg

Bird

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Did you initialize all local variables at the top of your trigger.

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
I had the same problem. Go to AceHart's map, go to triggers, click the top most thing on the category list, it will have the W3 TFT icon and say your map name. There will be a huge block of text-- copy that and paste it in the same spot in your map.

That'll fix your problem.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
A better way to spend that day would have been to read the part called "how to import" in post #1 of the save / load thread.

Alternatively, open a random page in that thread and just read it.

You, like so incredibly many people before you, simply did not import the custom script from the map header...

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
I told you what to do... if you hold on a sec I'll edit this post with a screenshot.

Here you go:
29784109.png

mightylink

Reaction score
oh geez i had no idea that was there, i thought it was just the top of the trigger list

thank you very much i got it working but now i got a new problem, i am using save all but it isnt saving all, i looked in the trigger and save all seems to be missing abilities...

how do i save both items and abilities?

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
Set AbilitySave[9] = whatever ability you want
Set AbilitySave[10] = the next ability
... And so on, for every ability the heroes in your map can learn. Then set the thing at the bottom of this list (it's probably AbilitySaveCount or something like that) to the number of abilities you have.

(Note: I made up AbilitySave, but it's something like that, you get the idea.)

mightylink

Reaction score
yes i did all that, i filled in all my items and heros and abilities and set the right counts but its still not saving abilities and looking in the saveall trigger it doesnt seem to have the abilities code like the save abilities only trigger, maby a mistake with the trigger itself?

I also tried this on acehearts demo map, it doesnt seem to save abilities either and i did disable the other categorys and only eneabled save all category

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
Yeah, you should post the triggers. But I have homework and it's 1:30 AM here, so I'm gonna get started on that. Good luck.

Tooblet

Reaction score
sorry for beeing offtopic but, I also had a question regarding this awesome system.
Someone said there was a limit to 145 Items in this code.

I was wondering if that only applies if there is a 145 items I want to store in ONE code.
Or if it applies to how many items in general..

example: In my map I have made 210 Items and put them all in the init integer variables. Will it only work for those items up to 145?

mightylink

Reaction score
sorry about my flaming posts, its a great system and im using it and crediting of course :)

im actually begining to like the no ability save, the save code is a lot shorter and easier to copy, and its not a big deal anyway, people can just relearn their abilitys, as long as they got the level and the points, nothing is lost

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.