Help with ideas for units

leo120120

Reaction score
Hello, im making a castle defense like map with only units, no heroes, the units can evolve itselfs lke in bug evolution, i would like some cool ideas for units on my map, any idea shoul be apreciated and i will give credit if used.

Please help :D

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
lol sounds like castle defense pokemon style

Pikachu
evovles into rychu
can cause electrical shocks to everyone nearby and chains of lightning as well

can also generate enough electricity to create a thunder storm

spirits

Reaction score
primary UNIT

first it is a white unit with low everything then it can evolve into red blue or yellow green
red - goes with bonus attack
yellow bonus speed
blue average of both
green bonus defense

then if green and red move together they can turn into (im not sure what colour green and red make but they make one!) and get bonus attack and defense

yellow and red get red yellow !! and get bonus speed and attack

etcetc you get it right :D

leo120120

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas, now i have time, so i can explain better.

Like i said, im making a castle defense with only units, but i have the first units, like the basic, the easy things to do, you know, the powerful with long cooldown, the fast one, the supportive, the overall one, high hp low attack.

Now what i want is to make the superior or powerful units, for the high rounds, like with unique, creative abilities or a good new idea, because i have already done what you said.

Please share some ideas with me, remember that the units can evolve, like in bug evolution, because they are buldings.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Archer
Low damage, fast shooting ranged unit. Has 20% chance to deal 1.5x normal damage. Evolves into Elite Archer.

Elite Archer
Medium damage, fast shooting ranged unit. Has a 20% chance to deal 2x normal damage. Evolves into either Marksman (bow-way) or Musketeer (gun-way)

Bow-way
Marksman
Medium damage, very fast shooting ranged unit. Has a 25% chance to deal 2x normal damage. Evolves into Sharpshooter.

Sharpshooter
Medium damage, very fast shooting, long ranged unit. Has a 25% chance to deal 2x normal damage. Has a 5% chance to hit a vital spot, instantly killing a normal unit or dealing 5x normal damage to a special unit. Evolves into Eagle Eye.

Eagle Eye
High damage, very fast shooting, long ranged unit. Has a 25% chance to deal 2.5x normal damage. Has a 15% chance to hit a vital spot, instantly killing a normal unit or dealing 7x normal damage to a special unit.

Gun-way
Musketeer
High damage, fast shooting ranged unit. Has a 25% chance to instantly shoot another bullet. If the first bullet has killed the primary target, the second bullet will find himself a new target to hit.

Cannoneer
Very High damage, fast shooting ranged unit. Has a 40% chance to instantly shoot another bullet. If the first bullet has killed the primary target, the second bullet will find itself a new target to hit.

Sniper
Very High damage, fast shooting ranged unit. His bullet has a 40% chance of splitting into 2 bullets after impact, each one of them hitting a target close to the primary target for full damage. Each split bullet individually has this ability as well.
---------------------------------------------------
Mainly to check, is this about what you're looking for?

Mehengo

Reaction score
Make a weak unit that auto spawn badass towers when the unit die the towers is destroyed.

leo120120

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas sjakie, the gun-way looks pretty cool, but i don't know how to do the "second bullet" abillity, if you know how to do it please help :thup:

Any other got cool ideas, it doesn't matter its random or weird, always is going to help if is creative!

PD: Mehengo, i have done something like that XD

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
The power of the bones :p

Skeletal warrior
Basic skeleton, with moderate damage and speed, low hp. Evolves into skeletal grunt.
Skeletal grunt
Primary warrior, moderate damage and speed, high hp, has bash. Evolves into skeletal brute.
Skeletal brute
It's like skeletal grunt, but bigger. High damage, moderate speed, high hp, has greater bash. Evolves into skeletal king.
Skeletal king (you can add him some attachments so he looks like Leoric)
Very high damage, high speed and hp, has knockback bash, comand aura and shockwave. Evolves into skeletal giant.
Skeletal giant
Very large skeletal grunt, high damage, speed and epic high hp. Has a greater knockback bash, greater comand aura, knockback shockwave and Reincarnation. Evolves into lich.
Lich
A powerful spellcaster. Epic damage, very high hp and speed. Has aura of frost, frost nova (not the ugly blizzard's nova, it actually releases a nova around caster), raise dead... I'm losing spell ideas, you put them. Evolves into skeletal dragon.
Skeletal dragon - Epic monster, frost wyrm
Massive damage, speed and hp. Has freezing breath (fires a wave of frost freezing everything in its path), infernal storm (calls masses of frost infernals from the sky, he can still move and attack while infernals fall from the sky around him), frost tornado (slows all nearby enemies, freezes those in the center of the tornado.)... Evolves into "you continue with ideas please..."

I know I forgot to mention skeletal archer and stuff, but he's completely different and I can't put him in there

Plutonium

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas sjakie, the gun-way looks pretty cool, but i don't know how to do the "second bullet" abillity, if you know how to do it please help :thup:

Any other got cool ideas, it doesn't matter its random or weird, always is going to help if is creative!

PD: Mehengo, i have done something like that XD

i guess you maybe could use something like this.... not tested tho :p
Code:
Chance on multipple shot trigger
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Attacking unit) Equal to (your hero)
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00) Less than or equal to 15.00
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Add "your multiple shot ability" to (Last created unit)
                Wait 0.50 seconds
                Unit - Remove "your multiple shot ability" from (Last created unit)
            Else - Actions

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Here are my ideas:

The Wolf Clan is Here!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Get ready to die!! (just kiddin:p)

Wolverine - A basic human fighter alongside wolves. Small damage but very fast attack speed and movement speed. Low armor. Evolves into Wolf Mauler.

Wolf Mauler - The primary infantry. He's still a human. Has moderate damage and move speed/atk. speed. Moderate armor. Has Bash and Pebble Toss (like storm bolt). Evolves into Berserker.

Berserker - Half human and half wolf. High damage and very fast attack speed. Moderate movement speed. Has Skin Armor (based on Mountain Giant's Hardened Skin) and Critical Strike with 35% chance and 1.5x more damage. Has Claw Missiles (like storm bolt but stronger) Evolves into Werewolf.

Werewolf - a powerful wolf with incredibly high damage (not too imba) and very fast attack speed. Fast movement speed. High armor. Has the Claws of Death ability w/c slices an enemy unit and damages/infects it. When the unit dies, it turns into a Timber Wolf. Evolves into a Lycantrophe.

Lycantrophe - A human fighter that can transform into a Lycantrophe Werewolf. Has very high armor in general. Has a special ranged attack against air units in both forms.
  • In Human Form: Very high damage and moderate attack speed. Fast movement speed. Has Impale and Blink Strike (Omnislash, can be downloaded here). Also has Raging Fist (Bash with Crit. strike damage) and Ground Stomp (like War Stomp)
  • In Lycantrophe Werewolf Form: Has the highest attack damage. Very fast movement speed and attack speed. Has Claws of Death just like what the werewolf does. Has Teleport and Energy Wave abilities. Can also do Windwalk and Flock of Daggers (like Warden's Fan of Knives ability)

Hope these ideas will work out well in your map! Have fun!

-- Umaku iku yō ni -|- jonadrian619 --​

leo120120

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas, i will use them!

+rep to all tomorrow i will add :thup:

when my map is finished (really, when i put your ideas) i will put here in the forum.

PD: the map is in spanish :p

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Mud Golem
Medium damage, very slow shooting ranged unit. The clay golem deals minor splash damage in a 200 radius around his point of impact.

Clay Golem
Medium damage, slow shooting ranged unit. The Clay golem deals minor splash damage in a 250 radius around his point of impact.

Rock Golem
High damage, slow shooting ranged unit. The rock golem deals minor splash damage in a 250 radius around his point of impact. All units affected by his attack have a 20% chance to be stunned for 1 second and take 40 bonus damage.

Granite Golem
Very High damage, slow shooting ranged unit. The rock golem deals medium splash damage in a 250 radius around his point of impact. All units affected by his attack have a 25% chance to be stunned for 1 second and take 70 bonus damage.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Apprentice
Low damage, at normal rate shooting ranged unit. The apprentice has a 15% chance to unleash a minor magical charge upon attack, dealing 30 bonus damage.

Magician
Medium damage, at normal rate shooting ranged unit. The magician has a 20% chance to unleash a fiery bolt upon attack, dealing 60 bonus damage. The Magician evolves into either an Arcanist, Hydromancer, or Pyromancer.

Arcanist
High damage, at normal rate shooting ranged unit. The arcanist generates an arcane crystal around himself every 4 second, granting him 60 bonus damage on his next attack. This stacks up to 3 times.

Master Arcanist
High damage, at fast rate shooting ranged unit. The master arcanist generates an arcane crystal around himself every 4 second, granting him 80 bonus damage on his next attack. This stacks up to 4 times.

Pyromancer
High damage, at normal rate shooting ranged unit. The pyromancer deals medium splash damage in a 300 AOE. Also, his attacks have a 20% chance of unleashing a fireball to the target, dealing 60 damage to that target and all other enemies in a 400 radius around him.

Infernal Archmage
High damage, at normal rate shooting ranged unit. The pyromancer deals high splash damage in a 300 AOE. Also, his attacks have a 20% chance of unleashing a fireball to the target, dealing 90 damage to that target and all other enemies in a 400 radius around him.

Hydromancer
Medium damage, at normal rate shooting ranged unit. The hydromancer deals minor splash damage in a 300 radius, but slows the affected units by 20% for 3 seconds.

Glacial Archmagus
High damage, at normal rate shooting ranged unit. The hydromancer deals medium splash damage in a 300 radius, but slows the affected units by 30% for 4 seconds.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Acolyte
Low damage, at normal rate shooting ranged unit. The acolyte has no special abilities.

Underling
Medium damage, at normal rate shooting ranged unit. The underling has no special abilities.

Necromancer
Medium damage, at normal rate shooting ranged unit. The necromancer creates a weak zombie at the location fo his victim when he kills an opponent. The zombie lasts for 20 seconds.

High Necromancer
High damage, at normal rate shooting ranged unit. The high necromancer creates a normal zombie at the location fo his victim when he kills an opponent. The zombie lasts for 25 seconds. The high necromancer gains 2 bonus damage for each zombie the player currently owns.

Lich
Very high damage, at normal rate shooting ranged unit. The lich creates a strong zombie at the location fo his victim when he kills an opponent. The zombie lasts for 30 seconds. The lich gains 5 bonus damage for each zombie the player currently owns.

Man-o-Bomb

Reaction score
Basic tower:
Murloc
Low damage, low range medium speed. Got poison.

Murloc Assasin
Low damage, low range and medium speed. Got slow poison.

Murloc Plague Bringer
Low damage, medium range and medium speed. Got AoE slow poison.

Murloc Champion
Medium damage, medium range and medium speed. Got bigger AoE slow poison and a chance to ensnare 3 nearby enemys on attack.

Murloc King
High damage, high range and medium speed. Got a more damaging AoE slow and a chance to ensnare 5 nearby enemys on attack.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Greater tower:
Giant
High damage, low range and low speed. Got AoE.

Frost Giant
High damage, low range and low speed. Got AoE and a chance to slow all enemys in the AoE.

Mountain Giant
High damage, low range and low speed. Got AoE and a chance to stun all enemys in the AoE.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Advanced tower:
Zombie
Medium damage, medium range and medium speed.

Plague Zombie
Medium damage, medium range and medium speed. Launches rotting humans that damages enemys over time (Burning oil)

Abomination
High damage, medium range and medium speed. Launches rotting humans that damages enemy over time (Burning oil). Gives a permanent low damaging buff to nearby enemys (Disease cloud).

Flesh Golem
High damage, medium range and medium speed. Launches rotting humans that damages enemy over time (Burning oil). Gives a permanent low damaging buff to nearby enemys (Disease cloud). Got a chance on attack to instantly make the target explode, damaging nearby enemys.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.