Hero Ability Ideas!

Nyrano

Reaction score
Greetings,

I have refreshed this first post to make it more clear what's hot and what's not.

As you can see below; I have changed the skill ranks, every normal ability has 4 ranks now and the ultimate 2 ranks. All the class skills are passive.

The classes that need abilities: Melee DPS (3), Melee Tank (1), Ranged Supporter (2), Magician DPS (2) and Magician Healer (3).

• Melee DPS:
- Class Skill: Focus: (Passive) The warden excels at close combat, increasing her critical strike chance by 8%.
- Furious Strike: Strikes the target with an empowered blow, dealing 150/200/250/300% of weapon damage. Costs x mana. 6 seconds cooldown.
- Ability 2
- Ability 3
- Ultimate
• Melee Tank:
- Class Skill: Hardened Combatant: (Passive) Your skill in defensive acts has increased significantly, increasing your health by an additional 15 points and your armor by 0.2 for each point of strength.
- Argent Heroism: Links all nearby allies, redirecting any damage they take to the tank. Redirects 25/40/55/70% of the total damage. Costs x mana. Lasts 15 sec. 30 seconds cooldown. (Credits - HydraRancher)
- Last Stand: Toughens yourself up, reduces incoming physical and magical damage by 20/40/55/70%. Costs x mana. Lasts 12 sec. 60 seconds cooldown.
- Crusader's Influence: Taunts all enemies within 250/350/400/450 yards with Argent force, forcing them to attack you and reducing their attack damage by 0/4/8/12% of total. Costs no mana. 8 seconds cooldown.
- Ultimate
• Ranged DPS:
- Class Skill: Heartseeker: (Passive) Increases the ranged physical damage enemy units take by 10% within 900 yards.
- Marksman: (Passive) Everytime you deal damage with auto-attack, you gain a +1/+2/+3/+4% attack bonus for 8 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times. (Credits - Laiev)
- Frostfire Arrow: Auto-cast spell; shoots frostfire arrows instead of normal arrows at the cost of x mana per shot. Each frostfire arrow causes 110/125/140/160% of your weapon damage, and causes the enemy to be slowed in movement speed and takes fire damage equal to your agility over 2 seconds.
- Multishot: Shoots out 5 arrows in a cone infront of you. The arrows deal damage to the first enemy unit it encounters. Each arrow deals 15/30/50/75 damage + current agility in damage.
- Ultimate: Focused Shot: Aims carefully down the target before releasing the arrow, dealing base damage*0,05 of current mana. Cast time 1.5 seconds. Costs x mana. 6 seconds cooldown. (--> Rank 2: Same damage scale, but 20% chance to critical strike the Focused Shot). (Credits - Laeiv)
• Ranged Supporter:
- Class Skill: Strong Alliance: (Passive) Increases the hit chance of nearby friendly units by 5% within 700 yards.
- Pinning Shot: Pins the target to the ground with a single shot. The target is immobilized and suffers a penalty to armor and attack speed during the effect. Immobilized for 3/4/5/6 sec., penalty to armor -5/-10/-15/-20% and reduces attack speed by 10/15/20/25%. Costs x mana. 12 seconds cooldown. (Credits - Nenad)
- Summon Wolf Companion: Summons a fierce wolf companion to fight by your side. The wolf companion is strong, agile and gains abilities as his bond with the hero becomes stronger. Stats; 350/500/800/1100 health , 2/3/5/6 armor , 14-19/25-30/40-44/61-71 damage. At rank 2/3/4 auto-ability to bite the target to the ground when it comes available, immobilizing for 2 seconds. And at rank 3/4, increases crit. chance by 30/50% against pinned targets. Costs x mana. The wolf lasts until a new wolf summon or when it dies. (Credits - Nenad)
- Ability 3
- Ultimate
• Magician DPS:
- Class Skill: Spellcraft Aura: (Passive) Increases the magical damage enemy units take by 10% within 900 yards. (Credits - Dinowc)
- Fireball: Casts a fireball at a target location. The fireball grows in size and damage as it travels. Upon impact with the first enemy unit it deals AoE damage and ignites the hurt units. Deals 100/130/160/200% base damage +5/+10/+15/+20% base damage for each 100 yards travelled. Ignited enemy units burn for 20% of the Fireball impact damage over 4 seconds. Costs x mana. 12 seconds cooldown. (Credits - Dinowc)
- Energized Strike: Sacrifices 15% of current mana and strikes a single target with lightning, dealing the sacrificed mana portion in damage plus a damage amount equal to 1/1.5/2/3x your intelligence. Costs x mana. 6 seconds cooldown. (Credits - Dinowc)
- Ability 3
- Ultimate
• Magician Healer:
- Class Skill: Light's Hope: (Passive) Increases your mana by an additional 10 points and your mana regeneration by 0.05 for each point of intelligence.
- Ability 1
- Ability 2
- Ability 3
- Ultimate

Give me your best shot. +rep :)

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Melee Tank

Ability 1: Shield of Honor
Description: The Tank links together all of its nearby allies, and directs x% of its damage towards it. ACTIVE
Level 1: 30%
Level 2: 60%
Level 3: 90%

Ability 2: La Resistance
Description: The Tank's imaculate life provides a huge defense for his body. He has increased resistance against all physical forces, and increased life regeneration. PASSIVE
Level 1: 30% Resistance. 5% Life Regen
Level 2: 50% Resistance. 15% Life Regen
Level 3: 70% Resistance. 25% Life Regen

Ability 3: Wits
Description: The Tank uses its life to boost its mana regen and maximum temporarily. ACTIVE
Level 1: 25% Mana Max Bonus and Regen. 15 seconds. 5% life
Level 2: 45% Mana Max Bonus and Regen. 45 seconds. 10% life
Level 3: 60% Mana Max Bonus and Regen. 60 seconds. 20% life

Ultimate: Serve to Protect
Description: The Tank sacrifices all but 5% of its life, to max out the life and mana of all nearby allies, as well as boosting regeneration temporarily. ACTIVE
Level 1: 100% Bonus Regen. 60 seconds. 95% life Sacrifice.

Nyrano

Reaction score
I like the concept of Shield of Honor. That's a nice one!

For the others, a tank shouldn't sacrifice 95% of his health when he is the one taking the hits. That's a one-shot kill! :)

+rep though

canons200

Reaction score
i recommend element spell
Flame burn>>burn target area enemy X damage for Y second
Freeze Ball>>slow target area enemy attack and movespeed, include dealing damage
Earth Spike>>slow/stun/unable to move/unable to attack for target area enemy, include dealing damage
Hurriance>>slow/disable them in the air for few second. take damage upon landing

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
First:
Ranged DPS:

1 Ability - Explosion Arrow
Type: Auto-Casting
Description: Enchant your weapon making a new force which damage every damage dealt will deal in area of effect.
Level 1 - Affect 100 range around target.
Level 2 - Affect 150 range around target.
Level 3 - Affect 200 range around target.

2 Ability - Last Faith
Type: Active
Description: For a cost of mana, convert a percentage of current mana to damage and add to the Ranger for an amount of time.
Level 1 - 10% current mana. Lasts 5 second.
Level 2 - 25% current mana. Lasts 10 seconds.
Level 3 - 40% current mana. Lasts 15 seconds.

3 Ability - Encourage
Type: Passive
Description: Everytime the Ranger deals damage to some unit, he will gain damage for an amount of time.
Level 1 - +1 damage. Lasts 10 seconds.
Level 2 - +2 damage. Lasts 20 seconds.
Level 3 - +3 damage. Lasts 30 seconds.

Ultimate - Focus Fire.
Type:
Description: Throw a powerful arrow which deals damage based on your damage for every unit which arrow touch.
Level 1 - Deals 150% of damage.

Second:
Magician DPS:

1 Ability - Chain of Stats
Description: Conjure a chain which damage target enemies based on str, int and agi of target hero.
Level 1 - Deals 25% of each stats.
Level 2 - Deals 50% of each stats.
Level 3 - Deals 75% of each stats.

2 Ability - Own Sacrifice
Description: Scrifice some stats to deals damage to target unit based on stats sacrificed x 20
Level 1 - -10 stats.
Level 2 - -20 stats.
Level 3 - -30 stats.

3 Ability - Fountain of Mana
Type: Passive
Description: Everytime Magician cast an ability, he'll gain an extra mana regeneration for amount of time.
Level 1 - +1 mana regeneration. Lasts 5 seconds.
Level 2 - +3 mana regeneration. Lasts 10 seconds.
Level 3 - +5 mana regeneration. Lasts 15 seconds.

Ultimate - Unwanted Growth
Description: Increase stats of a target hero but stop target to attack for 5 seconds.
Level 1 - Increase 200% stats of target hero.

PS: i don't know if'll got something like hero x hero, if not, just change the stats part to mana/life.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Mage DPS

Class Skill: Spellcraft (aura)
Description: An aura that causes nearby enemy units to take 20% more damage from magic attacks.

Abilities:

Fireball
Casts a fireball at target location. The fireball grows in size and damage as it travels. Upon impact with the first enemy unit it deals AoE damage and knocks back enemy units slightly.

Cooldown - 12 seconds
Cast range - 1100

Level 1 - 50 initial damage and 150 initial AoE, +10 damage and +25 AoE per 100 distance.
Level 2 - 75 initial damage and 200 initial AoE, +15 damage and +35 AoE per 100 distance.
Level 3 - 100 initial damage and 250 initial AoE, +20 damage and +45 AoE per 100 distance.

Field of Frost
Channels frost energies in a target area, slowing enemy units in it. If a enemy unit stays in the field for more than 5 seconds, it will stay frozen, becoming immobile and taking DPS until the channel ends. Can channel for up to 15 seconds.

Channeling

Cooldown - 25 seconds

Level 1 - Slows by 35%, deals 50 damage per second while frozen, 500 AoE, drains 25 mana/sec.
Level 2 - Slows by 50%, deals 60 damage per second while frozen, 600 AoE, drains 35 mana/sec.
Level 3 - Slows by 65%, deals 70 damage per second while frozen, 700 AoE, drains 45 mana/sec.

Energy Strike
Sacrifices 20% of current mana and strikes a single target with lightning dealing same portion in damage + part of intelligence.

Cooldown - 0 seconds

Level 1 - +1.5x of intelligence in damage.
Level 2 - +2x of intelligence in damage.
Level 3 - +2.5x of intelligence in damage.

Meteor (ultimate)
Calls down a meteor from the skies, which blinds enemy units as it falls down. Upon impact with the ground, it deals massive AoE damage and burns enemy units for 5 seconds.

Cooldown 120 seconds

Level 1 - Deals 300 damage in a 500 AoE, 50 DPS.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Ranged Supporter: (focus on little dps and supporter in the context of summoning pets/shooting stings that reduce x of stats of enemy, etc)
- Class Skill: Marksmanship - This unit's attacks will never miss. If this skill is used, then nearby heros' attacks will never miss.
Toxins - The marksman adds a coat of toxing on her arrows paralizing them every time they hit. Each level of this skill increases the time they are paralized. They will recover over time, but will be slowed momentarily after they are paralized. (applies for all of the marksman's skills that use arrows)

Aimed Volley - Fires off a volly of arrows at the target, each peircing a specific body part. Each level will increase the ammount of arrows shot from using this skill.
Eye - High chance to miss, any target spell aside from target self from a blinded unit will misfire to a target location or unit.
Arm - Decreased attack speeds
Leg - Decreased movement speeds
Heart - No Hit point regeneration
Hand - No normal attack
Foot - Disabled movment , no evasion

Song of the skies - A song that lets nearby companions forget about the weight of the world around them and allows them to move about more swiftly. Increased movement and attack speeds, grants evasion to all allied heros. Foes will be in awe of the song dropping their guard and will move at a sluggish pace decreasing their movement and attack speeds.

Seed of Yggdrasill - Attaches a seed from the legendary tree Yggdrasill to an arrow to be shot deep into the earth. The roots spawned from this will quickly entangle monsters near the seed compleatly disabling them untill the seed runs out of nutrients from the ground. If the seed is shot into flesh then the seedling will aquire a taste for flesh eating whatever it can while it entangles nearby monsters.

Melee DPS: (focus on damage)
- Class Skill: Heat Raiser - Every time an ability is used, the attack and movement speed of this hero will increase.
- Rageing fists - Throws an uncountable number of punches at the target dealing damage based on your hero's own attack. The number of punches increases with level. This will stun the target momentarily from the juggle.
- Blazing Helix - Throws a corkscrew uppercut dealing rapid damage to the monsters in the immidiate area around you. The affected targets are burned and will take extra damage from attacks and damage per second.
- Feint - (passive) Throws a fake punch that will cause whatever you are attacking to guard the wrong area allowing you to hit the target for extra damage. (pretty much critical strike) This will activate Heat Riser.
- Ultra Finisher Combo!!! - Throws a Feint at the target (causes all damage inflicted by the ulti to doubble) at point blank throw a Blazing Helix to burn the target (makes the target take extra damage) and Finish it off with a Raging fists to pummle your weakened opponent. The levels for the skills used will be based off the level of the ultimate, the skills used in the ultimate can still be used even if they are in cooldown.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Pinning Shot:
The (Ranged Supporter) pins the target to the ground with a single shot. The target is unable to move and has suffers a penalty to armor and attack speed

Level 1 - Unable to move for 2 seconds, -4 armor, -40% attack speed
Level 2 - Unable to move for 3 seconds, -6 armor, -60% attack speed
Level 3 - Unable to move for 4 seconds, -8 armor, -80% attack speed

Wolf Cry
Summons a Fierce wolf companion to fight by the Heroes side. The wolf companion is strong and agile and gains abilities as his bond with the hero becomes stronger:

Level 1 - The Wolf has x amounts of hit points and deals y damage. (balance it out ^^). It also has a 10% chance to evade attacks
Level 2 - The Wolf has more hit points and damage, has a 15% chance to evade attacks and can bite a unit, holding it down for 2 seconds.
Level 3 - The wolf has even more hit points and damage, has a 20% chance to evade attacks and retains the bite. Furthermore whenever the ranged supporter Pins down a unit, the wolf gains overwhelm, gaining a 80% chance to do 2x the amount of damage as long as the unit is pinned down.

Change the values as you please, these are the concepts ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.