Hero attack notification range?

shiFt

Reaction score
Ive noticed that my heros detect allied units being attacked at a large range then run to assist them, is there a way to reduce this range so that when the hero is ordered to hold or stop it would not assist the units being attacked unless it is within a reduced range?

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I think what you're looking for might be "Comat - Call For Help Range"...

This can be found in Gameplay Constants ;)

shiFt

Reaction score
but does that not alter the range of the hero as in the attack range melee or range?

Finestdeath

Reaction score
Nope. Acquisition range means the range in which it will acquire its target. It does not affect the range of your unit.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Nope. Acquisition range means the range in which it will acquire its target. It does not affect the range of your unit.

Actually, Aquisition range has to be the same number as your attack range (or higher) else your attack range will be reduced.

shiFt

Reaction score
I need to set this to stop heros going into battle without you controlling them, there must be a field value somewhere that dictates this

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
I tried doing this, and it is impossible, the gameplay is that way if the controller is computer/player.

If there is a solution would help me as well ^^

Lifespiker

Reaction score
If you tell a unit to Hold Position it shouldn't go to help anyone ever. . . unless it is a ranged unit which can fire from a spot. Hmm. Need to know more about this. Like, is the unit already placed on the map (you know, placed with the editor not summoned from somewhere) and is it controlled by a user or computer or what.

Acquisition range CAN be lower than attack range if it is controlled by a person since you can still Attack a specific target (A + click on target). However for attacking on the way (A + clicking on the ground somewhere) I believe that your attack range would become your Acquisition Range. . .

shiFt

Reaction score
It is a hero bought from a tavern that is user controlled, when ordered to hold it will still run to attack enemy creeps in a large radius

Lifespiker

Reaction score
That is an incredibly unique problem. If a unit is told to hold position it shouldn't do a darn thing no matter what. . . Do the creeps use Mountain Giant - Taunt? That's the only thing I can think of that would break the Hold order.

shiFt

Reaction score
if there are allied units in range the hero will attempt to assist them, no taunt is used

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.