Hero facing Direction

eric92

Reaction score
How do I make dummy units get created at a point after a spell, in front of my hero in whatever direction he is facing?

Im trying to make spell that makes several dummy units in a line in the direction the hero is facing.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Assuming a trigger that fires upon "Starts the effect of an ability"....

Trigger:
  • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by 256.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees) facing Default building facing degrees

eclypt

Reaction score
ok. just be sure to remove the leaks.

you can set the Point of the unit and remove its on the final of the trigger using a custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_My_Var)

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
The leakage is actually a bit more complicated here due to the Polar Offset. There are two leaks - one for the initial point and one for the offset point. So a scheme like this is needed:

Point1 = (Center of (Playable Map Area))
Point2 = Point1 offset towards blah....
Do stuff
Remove both points

eric92

Reaction score
No I was talking about making a spell that creates several dummy units in a line pointed in the direction the hero faces. So her is an example.

> = direction of hero
* = dummys

> *****

***** <

V

My dummy units will then cast a warstomp. I know how to do this but I dont know how to position them all in the direction that the hero faces.

eric92

Reaction score
Thank you it works, but is there a way to get rid of the land deformation that warstomp and thunderclap cause?

eclypt

Reaction score
try to change the Base Ability in the Object Editor, then Reconfigure the Trigger to this new Abillity. i think you can use the "Roar" from NE's Druid

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.