Hero Ideas

NBalfa

Reaction score
I am in need of some naga (also water) ideas for heroes and for spells the heroes should have . (+names)
(the ones who have good ideas will gain +rep)

(also how can i make a passive spell where the hero who has this abillity will be able to have a greater sight when touching water:confused: ) (+2 rep for the first answering my question on the left)

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Murloc Warlock

Intelligence based hero, use a Murgul model of your choice, I would recommend that small red blood-thing. Specialized in slowing enemies.

Black Water - A burst of arcane, dangerous, dark water. Damages and slows movement speed of units in a line. As a normal wave/carrion swarm spell but with shorter range and a trigger added which slows movement speed of enemy units hit. Use the normal water wave as projectile but add some dark cloud or ghost effect with a trigger.
Level 1 - 70 damage, 25% movement speed reduction for 10 seconds
Level 2 - 120 damage, 35% movement speed reduction for 15 seconds
Level 3 - 170 damage, 45% movement speed reduction for 20 seconds
etc if you have a higher maximum level.

Drown Curse - Target enemy unit has instantly movement speed reduced with 100%. The spell lasts 10 seconds and every second the unit regains 10% of its movement speed, eg. after the duration of the spell movement is back to normal. On heroes, the spell lasts 4 seconds and they regain 25% movement speed every second. The spell also does DPS during the effect.
Level 1 - 10 DPS
Level 2 - 35 DPS
Level 3 - 60 DPS
etc if you have a higher maximum level

Warlock Aura - Works as Vampiric Aura but affects both ranged and melee, and the attackers regains mana instead of hit points!
Level 1 - 10% of damage dealt added to attacker's mana.
Level 2 - 20% of damage dealt
Level 3 - 30% of damage dealt
etc

The Swimming Dead - Ultimate. Summons a great black undead monster of the sea. Use any naga or murgul model you think fits, and reduce tintin colours to 0 or near nothing. The monster can, of course, both swim and move on land. The monster is simply a heavy fighting machine with ranged attack, and with three skills. First of all, magic immunity. Secondly, a skill based on Black Arrow (Dark Ranger) which deal heavy extra damage and creates a weak spirit murloc (undead) instead of a dark minion (this arrow cost some mana!) Finally, a Dark Ritual (Lich) type spell, which can be used on the spirit murlocs. The Warlock Aura will make this creature much more powerful, as it will be able to use the "arrow" spell a lot more.

Cyrus

Reaction score
"also how can i make a passive spell where the hero who has this abillity will be able to have a greater sight when touching water?"

I've got a theory to work off of, though it probably won't be the best. It's something!

1. Your heroes probably will only be able to enter the water at certain points. Create regions at entering/exiting points.

2. When the hero enters/exits these regions, a dummyunit with a high sight radius is created (I suggest creating it from the locust swarm unit since they cannot be selected in-game). Order that unit to follow the entering unit.

3. To make it cleaner, you could go into game constants and set the guard follow distance to 0, allowing the dummy sight unit to always be right on top of your desired hero.

NBalfa

Reaction score
I will give you your second +rep an other time "Cyrus" I cant give you the second one by the time i havent given some to many other users
(remind me if much time has passed)

Necrach

Reaction score
I will give you your second +rep an other time "Cyrus" I cant give you the second one by the time i havent given some to many other users
(remind me if much time has passed)

I gave rep already :thup:

Got an idea for a hero this morning, that doesn't suit in my map, could as well tell you about it.

Lady of the Lake
Intelligence hero. The night elf Runner model with a sword attached would be perfect (don't let the sword fool you, attacks are ranged.) The lady is perfect for boosting your allies. All the 3 summoning skills can on level 1 only be used in water; be sure to set movement type of the units to Float and then make a requirement named "Water" (dummy upgrade) or something and enable that upgrade every time the hero enters water (use the same system as Cyrus suggested above). On higher levels, the summoned unit can be summoned on both land and river, so then the movement type should be Amphibious.

Holy turtle - Summons a 250 hp turtle that cannot attack. The turtle has a Thorn's Aura that returns damage to any melee attacker hitting friendly nearby units.
Level 1 - 17% Thorns Aura, can only be summoned in water.
Level 2 - 34% Thorns Aura, can be summoned on both land and in water.
Level 3 - 50% Thorns Aura, can be summoned on both land and in water, and the turtle has Spiked Carapace (50% damage return and +3 armor.)
If you have higher levels, just increase the effect of the turtle's Thorns Aura and Spiked Carapace

Holy Nage - Summons a 250 hp naga that cannot attack (use a small-scale Sea Witch model.) The Naga has a Devotion Aura that increases armor of nearby friendly units.
Level 1 - +2.2 armor Devotion Aura, can only be summoned in water.
Level 2 - +4.4 armor Devotion Aura, can be summoned on both land and in water.
Level 3 - +6.5 armor Devotion Aura, can be summoned on both land and in water, and the Holy Naga can use a Divine Shield every 18 second, making her invurnable for 10 seconds (no mana cost.)
If you have a higher maximum level, just increase the effect of the Devotion Aura.

Holy Ship - Summons a 250 hp ship that cannot attack (use a small-scale Human Frigate model.) The Ship has an Endurance Aura that increases movement speed and attack speed of nearby friendly units.
Level 1 - Endurance Aura grants +7% attack speed and +15% movement speed, can only be summoned in water.
Level 2 - Endurance Aura grants +14% attack speed and +30% movement speed, can be summoned anywhere and can fly!
Level 3 - Endurance Aura grants +20% attack speed and +45% movement speed, can be summoned anywhere, can fly, and has a 40% Evasion.
If you have a higher maximum level, just increase the effect of the Endurance aura and the Evasion

Blessing of the Lake - Transforms the Lady into a being of pure holiness (use a large wisp model without team colour.) While in this form, the Lady cannot attack, but can use her summoning skills as normal. Her hp is increased with 400, she is granted a mighty Brilliance Aura which increases mana regeneration of nearby friendly units, enables her to cast Bless which temporarily increases armor of nearby units (like Scroll of Protection with a mana cost of 40) and she constantly heals all nearby friends with her divine love (Healing Ward Aura)
EDIT: She can change forms as she for a lesser mana cost, like the Tinker ultimate. Eg, its NOT like Metamorphis or Avatar.

I don't know what suits your map best, but alternatively you could enable all the levels of the summonings to walk both land and river, but still have a requirement of summoning them in the water. Not sure if you are going to like this hero but use it if you fell to :p

NBalfa

Reaction score
thank you for your idea but there are some problems
1.because of how the map is like I dont think i will use the night elf runner model .
2. how can i make one unit when summoned to be summoned only in water and how can i make that unit to have diferent abilities depending on the level of the ability ? (can I do it without using triggers?)

Also I wave Edited an abillity called "Illusory orb" and made one called: "Aqua Burst" . Have a look at it!

AKDevil

Reaction score
2. how can i make one unit when summoned to be summoned only in water and how can i make that unit to have diferent abilities depending on the level of the ability ? (can I do it without using triggers?)
making the unit naval only is only way i can think of without triggers (still might not work though).

you change the abilities for each lvl summon, by making copies of the summoned unit, then changing the abilities for each one, then make each lvl of the ability summon the corresponding unit.

Necrach

Reaction score
thank you for your idea but there are some problems
1.because of how the map is like I dont think i will use the night elf runner model .

As Cyrus suggested above for another subject, you can have regions on each place your hero can enter the water, enabling the spell through an upgrade every time she does and disabling it when leaving water. So no, cannot be done without triggers :(

EDIT: The abilities of the summoned unit is not very difficult to make, because its simply a matter of giving the abilities to the unit type summoned. See, when making a summoning spell in the object editor, you picks a different unit type for level 1, level 2 and level 3, eg. just give the turtle summoned at level 3 spiked carapace etc! Get it?

Earlenlajnen

Reaction score
"also how can i make a passive spell where the hero who has this abillity will be able to have a greater sight when touching water?"

I've got a theory to work off of, though it probably won't be the best. It's something!

1. Your heroes probably will only be able to enter the water at certain points. Create regions at entering/exiting points.

2. When the hero enters/exits these regions, a dummyunit with a high sight radius is created (I suggest creating it from the locust swarm unit since they cannot be selected in-game). Order that unit to follow the entering unit.

3. To make it cleaner, you could go into game constants and set the guard follow distance to 0, allowing the dummy sight unit to always be right on top of your desired hero.

This idea might not be so good imo :p. I mean... what if your hero got an item giving it the ability to blink. What you could do is:

1. Add the hero directly to a group when it learns the skill and give it a disabled spellbook ability that have no ability in it at level 1.

2.Then make a trigger that sets the location of all the heroes in the group every 0.1 seconds and checks if: "Terrian pathing at <HeroLocation> Floatability is On equal to True".

3.If it's true then set the level of the spell book to "HeroAbilityLevel + 1" which contains a custom ability based on the "Item Sight Range Bonus" with X sight increment... else it sets it back to level 1.

If you do it right it will be MUI too... :D

EDIT:

You can use the same "Terrian pathing at <HeroLocation> Floatability is On equal to True" condition here too and no, you can not make this ability without triggers.

EDIT2:

I've attached the map you requested!

Attachments

• Soaked_Sight_Request.w3x
    15.5 KB · Views: 155
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.