here are 3 heroes listed.
can people please evaluate them?

Leroy Jekins
strength based
melee
(thanks for happysmiley, she gave me 40% of the ideas for this hero

normal skill
Hammer time! - target direction
throws a hammer in target direction which cause a minor stun (1 second) and a knockback to the sides. The hammer deals 100 physical damage to the first target and 25 additional damage to each new enemy in the line. The hammer breakes after 700 range or after hiting 5 enemies.

normal skill
Tomahawk - target area.
Leroy throws his axe in target area dealing for 75 to 175 physical damage to enemies on impact zone. The damage is based on how far he throws the axe. Enemies very close to the center of the impact zone takes 150% damage to tomahawk.

note: lerroy can't attack if both tomahawk and hammer time are on cooldown.

normal skill
Let's do this! - passive
Leroy gains bonus power when he is damaged. +1% physical power and +1% physical/magical resistance for every 2% hitpoints missing (maximum of 30% bonus power/resist). (physical power increases attack damage and physical damage).

lesser ultimate
Lerooooooooy jeeeeeekins! - active, no target
Increases Leroy's attack speed by 150% and movement speed by 25%. As time passes he slowly becomes exausted and loses 30% AS and 5% MS per second. After 6 second he not only loses the bonus speed, but also, has a reduction of 50% in his base attack and movement speed for 3 seconds.

greater ultimate
Take this! - passive / active, no target
passive: lerroy transforms his pain into power and prepares a revenge against his enemies. For every 100 points of damage taken he gains 1 rage point. Loses 1 rage point every 6 seconds. (maximum of 10 rage points).
active: consumes all rage and unleashes an imense power dealing 30 up to 300 physical damage to all nearby enemies and stuns them for 0.2 up to 2.0 seconds. Stun and damage are based on the amount of rage points stored.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Frost maiden
intelligence based

normal skill
northern winds - passive / active, target enemy.
passive:nearby enemies loses 2% of their attack speed and 2% of their movement speed for each second they remain nearby to the frost maiden (600AOE).
Active: When an enemy reaches the maximum slow (40%) an special effect appears on it's chest, the frost maiden can freeze this target for 2.5 seconds, incapaciting it to attack, move or cast spells.

normal skill
shatter - target point
sends a crystal ball in target direction which will hit the first target on it's way dealing magical damage based on the movement speed of the target.
Damage is equal to ((100 - (MS / 10)) x 4).

normal skill
Crystal wall - target point
summons a wall in target point which extends to both sides (300 unit right and 300 units left). The wall lasts 5 seconds and no enemy can cross it, but if an ally comes nearby, part of the wall opens and allows that unit to pass and then closes again.

lesser ultimate
ice armor - target ally/self
blocks the next 150 points of physical/magical damage dealed to the target. When all damage is blocked the armor explodes like a frost nova dealing 100 magical damage to nearby enemies and slows their attack and movement speed by 25% during 3 seconds. Lasts 10 seconds.

greater ultimate
Ball of nova - target area. (CHANNELING)
Summons a magical ball in the middle of target area, the ball becomes bigger every second and explodes after 4, or before it, if the maiden wants to. The explosion causes a big frost nova which deals 70 to 280 magical damage and slows enemies by 50% for 0.5 to 2.0 seconds. The power of the nova is based on the amount of time channeling.

god of war
strength based

normal skill
metal hook - target point
throws a huge metal hook in target direction. If the hook hits an enemy it takes 100 physical damage is linked to the god of war until the chain breakes. The target have it's movement speed slowed by 15% as long as the hook is pierced on him. Link breates if distance becomes bigger than 900.

normal skill
hook action - active, no target
there is another skill that allows the god of war to decide if action 1 or 2 will happen when this skill is used.
Action 1 - pull: deals 50 physical damage to the pierced target and pulls it 400 units in the direction of the god of war. also slows movement speed by 30% during 2 seconds.
Action 2 - strike: The god of war launches himself against the pierced enemy dealing 50 up to 150 physical damage based on the distance between them and stuns the target for 1.5 seconds. The link breakes after this spell is used.

normal skill
arc strike - target point
The god of war swing one of his blades and creates and arc which moves in a circle and knocks to the side enemies it hits, dealing 150 physical damage and 0.7 second of stun. (there is another skill that allows the god of war to decide if the arc ggoes left to right, or right to left.
(cannot be used if titan smash is running)

lesser ultimate
Retaliation - passive.
when the god of war attacks an enemy he becomes more violent and gains 3 bonus attack damage for every 5% hitpoints missing on the target.

grater ultimate
Titan smash - target area.
The god of war use one of his blades to perform a powerful strike in the center of targeted area dealing 175 physical damage to enemies and greatly knocks them away based on the angle between them and the impact point. Also stuns for 0.9 seconds. Enemies in the center of impact zone target 50 bonus physical damage. (minimum cast range of 400, maximum of 700)
(cannot be used if arc strike is running)

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Leroy "Jekins" -

First of all, if you're making a parody of a hero, people who play your map won't know that. They will think you just don't know how to spell. This hero is not designed well at all. His skills are incredibly random and do not synergize, and frankly, they're just boring. His lesser ultimate is terrible. Its a bigger advantage to his enemies than himself. 2 out of 10.

Frost maiden -

This hero is pretty good. I like her. Too many disables though. 7 out of 10.

God of War -

I don't like this hero. Way too many disables, too much AOE, and they don't really synergize at all. I would give this hero a 5 out of 10.

Sui-cookie

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
despite what whatshisface sied about leroy, i really like it. there arent many people who dont know who he is.
(i litterally have teachers that know more about him than i do :rolleyes:)

so i love it :] considering that its for the lulz. though, i do agree that the abilities arent very synergized :p as far as "use-ability"
but they fit his storyline quite well :p

ice maiden and god of war i think flow quite nicely ^^ gj

mapguy

Reaction score
despite what whatshisface sied about leroy, i really like it. there arent many people who dont know who he is.
(i litterally have teachers that know more about him than i do :rolleyes:)

so i love it :] considering that its for the lulz. though, i do agree that the abilities arent very synergized :p as far as "use-ability"
but they fit his storyline quite well :p

ice maiden and god of war i think flow quite nicely ^^ gj

thanks.

the idea for leroy is to be a hero that you play with him SCREAMING and using spells and tossing things and throwing hammers, axer, explodes the hell and PLASASHUADUAYSGFUASYDSAUBVDAINVDAIOFHU!,.
well, leroy is for someone that likes to UNLEASH THE HELL, BRO!
hes the most stupid random spells hero ever. His synergy is not 100 % (none of my heroes are 100% synergysed).
Leroy is my favourite, probably, the one I will most use when I release my map.

mapguy

Reaction score
You're proud of that.

have you ever played Age Of Miths?
heroes there are not 100% sync and all they are much cooler to use than Dota heroes.
Synergy dont makes a hero fun to play, only makes it powerful. In my game, synergy comes with team work + items. Heroes alone are just units with like 4 active spells and each of them have 1, 2 or more uses.
My aos is not that poor game which you use all spells of you hero in less than 2 seconds and pray for god you can kill the target.
synergy is not an obligation, and I don't want to say players how to play the heroes, I only give the tools (skills, items, team) and then the player have to play the way he likes to.

You asked If Im proud of it?
I'm not proud and I am not not proud.
I just do it, and I think that if someone loves just one hero of my map, this is enoght for me.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
have you ever played Age Of Miths?
heroes there are not 100% sync and all they are much cooler to use than Dota heroes.
Synergy dont makes a hero fun to play, only makes it powerful. In my game, synergy comes with team work + items. Heroes alone are just units with like 4 active spells and each of them have 1, 2 or more uses.
My aos is not that poor game which you use all spells of you hero in less than 2 seconds and pray for god you can kill the target.
synergy is not an obligation, and I don't want to say players how to play the heroes, I only give the tools (skills, items, team) and then the player have to play the way he likes to.

You asked If Im proud of it?
I'm not proud and I am not not proud.
I just do it, and I think that if someone loves just one hero of my map, this is enoght for me.

You do know that by saying "cooler" heroes, you're just turning this argument into an opinionated one again, just like you did on the other thread. I suggest you don't compare heroes in terms of "coolness" or "awesome". People mostly judge heroes on synergy, because synergy can't really be opinionated. If synergy is there, it's there. That's not debatable. However, a hero being awesome or cool is all up to different individual's perspective, which won't bring this argument anywhere. So I suggest stop asking people to judge a hero based on if it's "awesome" or "cool". Tell them in more depth, such as "awesome at tanking" or "awesome" at a certain role. Awesome is too vague.

Anyways, on topic.

Leroy Jekins
Hammer Time! - A line knockback and stun. A two in one spell. Not really impressive in my opinion.
Tomahawk - A simple AoE with damage based on distance traveled. I realized you made a lot of spell effects "based on" something. Why not try figure out something unique rather than "based on distance" or "based on whatever"?
Let's Do This! - Okay, up until now, I see no synergy what-so-ever. How is this skill going to complement the others? I really can't find much synergy for this hero. Why talk about synergy? Because synergy is something that has a fixed standing rather than "awesome" or "cool".
Lerooooooooy Jeeeeeekins! - I'm getting even more confused now. How is this supposed to help the hero in any way? From what I've seen, you've meshed a nuker, tanker and an attacker in 1 hero. Congratulations.
Take This! - Okay..so now this greater ultimate suggests that he's a sem-tanker and a semi-attacker. So you're supposed to take damage and deal greater damage back. If you're going for this theme, I suggest you make changes to your other spells, because I don't see any logical link between the spells.

Overall 2/10 - Sure this hero may "fun" with all his random spells. However, this definition of "fun" of yours may cause this hero to be rarely chosen? Why? Because I feel that this hero serves no purpose in any role. Nuker? Leave it to the real deal nukers. Tanker? Leave it to the more macho boys. Attacker? Leave it to the experts. So..this hero is like a hero stuck in between themes that will serve no purpose at all.

Frost Maiden
Northern Winds - I liked this spell. Something that you don't see everyday. Useful for team battles, definitely a spell worthy of an AoS.
Shatter - I found this skill a bit disappointing. It just doesn't seem to fit into this hero's theme.
Crystal Wall - I view this skill in a more "escaping" perspective. To block out enemies from chasing your teammates, probably it would be useful for that. Or else, you could use it to separate enemies and finish them of one by one. Seems pretty interesting.
Ice Armor - Pretty useful. Probably good synergy with her greater ultimate. Allows her to "tank" more damage while channeling.
Ball of Nova - Fits in nicely to rest of the spells, except Shatter. I kind of dislike the name though. Let me suggest some: Absolute Zero, Frozen Plasma, Frigid Stroke.

Overall 8/10 - I think this hero would be interesting to play. This hero has a clear role, compared to Leroy Jekins, mainly a great support in team battles, much like Engima from DoTA. This hero serves its purpose well.

sylvannis mb

Reaction score
I liked the frost maiden, particularly the idea of slowing the unit until they are at your mercy.
God of war has some nice spell ideas, but i think they may have to be toned down, made inacurrate, made to target a random unit nearby etc. Something to stop the hook being an imba disbale.
Also maybe if the unit had a way of breaking the hook other than running away, because at 15% slow the unit doesnt have too much opportunity to break away short of teleporting.
Other than that i liked him :D he wood be a good addition to a functioning team.

mapguy

Reaction score
I liked the frost maiden, particularly the idea of slowing the unit until they are at your mercy.
God of war has some nice spell ideas, but i think they may have to be toned down, made inacurrate, made to target a random unit nearby etc. Something to stop the hook being an imba disbale.
Also maybe if the unit had a way of breaking the hook other than running away, because at 15% slow the unit doesnt have too much opportunity to break away short of teleporting.
Other than that i liked him :D he wood be a good addition to a functioning team.

Maybe I add that the hook breakes if the god of war health percentage is below the life percentage of the target.

Setharoth114

Reaction score
Leroy Jenkins Unfourtanatly have to agree with everyone else. Synergy is important to most AoS players. Sure its fun to throw a bunch of random spells and hope something works out right, but its more entertaining to be able to pull off a skillful combo. I suppose random ablitties do allow a hero for plenty of options. You could always try him and if people don't like him, remove him.

Frost Maiden Sounds like a fun hero. Her ablitties are good support all around. Shatter might be a bit too powerful, because at 300 movement speed it would deal 210 damage, which is almost as high as your ultimate. This hero has a good range of ablitties that allow her player to either play as a nuker or support, depending on what the team needs.

God of War Hm, still not sure about this one. The ablitties are good, though I'm worried you might have too many if you plan to use skills to swap what your ablitties do. Perhaps that could be determined by other factors, such as the God of War's facing direction or whether he has attacked in the last few seconds or something like that. His ablitty to knock enemies away, then pull them close again would take skill to use and would be both rewarding and satisfying. I think he might benefit from a better skill then Retaliation, though. Otherwise, looks good.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.