How do I change the size/radius of Protoss shields?

Pragm4

Reaction score
I noticed after enabling shields on a Marauder that the size of the shield is smaller than the Marauder itself. I want the shield to act like what most Protoss shields do. They are slightly bigger than the unit. However, I can't seem to find the data field for shield size. I tried changing Actors->Shield Impact->Actor Radius (Medium), but from the description, I think the field is for separating unit size. I also don't believe Shield Impact has anything to do with what I want, because turning it off only changed the shield animations that played.

I also noticed that the shield size is relative to the model size of the unit. Scaling the unit to half its size still yields small shields.

Does anyone know how to do it?

Kelv

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I found the solution for you and me.

From sc2mapster forums xenrathe

@Etravex: the "selection radius" can be found under the Thor model (not the actor, the model) look for "selection radius"... the default thor selection radius is something like 1.37.

As for the shields, this took me about an hour to find so I hope you appreciate :p You'll want to alter the field "Visual Radius" underneath the thor's model (again not the actor, the model). For a 0.5 scaled Thor actor, a visual radius of 5 was a pretty good fit.

For me using a 1.5 scaled marine, a radius of .8 worked.

Pragm4

Reaction score
Awesome. It works as described. However, the solution is only a workaround because projectiles fly right through the shield instead of impacting on it. There must be something else to it because other protoss units have a visual radius of 0 and they still have functional shields.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.