How do I import WoW models into Warcraft 3?

Gracus

Reaction score
Just wondering, how do I import WoW models into Warcraft 3 and is it safe to do it? Thanks

Deep thought

Reaction score
Its possible to import wow models into warcraft 3, but I think blizzard said that it is illegal to do so. If you really want to know, though, use google.

ElChupanebre

Reaction score
Also be warned, the models are relatively large in file size and battle.net has a 8mb map size limit. Importing just a few may exceed this.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Its possible to import wow models into warcraft 3, but I think blizzard said that it is illegal to do so. If you really want to know, though, use google.

It's illegal if they don't give permission.

Usually they're cool about it though :)

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
First of all, its not illegal. As long as your not redistributing the models as forgery (claiming them as your own work), and your not using them for commercial use, it is perfectly legitimate to import wow models/icons into your WC3 map.

I had a discussion about this just a couple of days ago with a Blizz employee over on the battle.net forums.

As far as "how" to import them, first of all you need to find extracted/converted models. They are all over the internet, you just need to look. Your first stop should be google. The person who extracted them and converted from WOW should also post instructions on how to import them into your map.

Pretty simple, actually.

Just make sure you give credit for the models where credit is due.

Also, remember that WoW models are generally large in size, typically 4-5 times bigger than WC3 models, so if you use too many, your map will hit several megabytes before you know it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.