How do these screenshots look like to you?

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
These are fully playable maps. Problem is the camera but thats it. I didn't use to much pathing blocks. Actually, I barely used any. I want to know how to imporve. The first one is the orc army outside the orcish city. They are about to get attacked by a horde of QuillBoars. The other pictures are inside the small Orcish City guarded by Grunts and Watch Tower's. I need to know what to add so can someone help me with this? If you want to know how I barely used any pathing blocks was because first, you set pathability to none, place the doodads were you want, then you Lower/Raise them to look how you want it to look and after its all placed, add the appropriate pathing texture. If needed, add some pathing blocks to fill in the gaps.

Screenshots:
Untitled-58.jpg

Untitled-59.jpg

Untitled-60.jpg

Untitled-56.jpg

Untitled-57.jpg

Here's a picture of the volcano. Im planning on making a dargon boss there and, beside the volcano will be a dungeon which still needs to be added. Sorry Bloodcount, I couldn't get there more smoke without lagging due to mass of fire. I'll try later with the fire model from UTM. The volcano isn't going to have lava flowing down because i can't make that look good and it looks really bad with the fog and sky. Here's the picture:

Volcano Dungeon WIP
Untitled-65.jpg

Suggestions on how to improve would be nice.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The fog really bugs me for some reason.
Try setting the colour of the fog to the same colour as the sky (Or close enough, anyway).

Also, get rid of the rays of light. :p

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Setting the fog to red makes it look demonic... The rays of light, doens't make much of a difference when removed:). Here's a pic:
Untitled-53.jpg

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Why don't you set lots of small regions with Rays of Light effect rather than a global effect?

The fog, is this meant to be a hell city or something? It looks like it.... the fog is weird like Romek said... well he said it bugs him. Orange looks better.... but the thing is the sky actually.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
An eye-blinding red isn't exactly the best choice either.
How about a dark red or something?

If you weren't aiming for the demonic look, then I suggest you change the sky.

> Why don't you set lots of small regions with Rays of Light effect rather than a global effect?
They're still ugly. :p

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Its not a globlal effect, its a region covering the whole city only. Im probably going to get a custom sky because Blizzard skies are kinda weird.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
After trying to find a good sky, I managed to not find any sky what so ever. Anyone have a link to some sky models? And I don't see the reason of adding many small reigons. What will that do?

Monovertex

Formerly Smith_S9
Reaction score
After trying to find a good sky, I managed to not find any sky what so ever. Anyone have a link to some sky models? And I don't see the reason of adding many small reigons. What will that do?

He did not meant covering the entire city with regions, but having some scattered regions. There are too many rays, that is. It's more natural to only have a few lighted spots.

As for the fog, go with custom values and choose an orange, but a bit brownish one. And decrease the first value (I forgot how it's called, the initial value or something) and increase the last one. Maybe it'll be better then.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Sorry to say, decreasing the value made it brown, but the brown looked bad with almost every sky. It looked good with the yellow but the yellow doesn't really resemble barrens.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Update: Added some new screenshots. Im going to replace the old ones with the new sky and the new fog.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
The rays of light was annoying in the three first pictures, they were to bright and too clunked together, but all in all, it looked nice.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Ill see to that. Im planning to add a volcano behind the cave. The first 3 pics will be updated soon. I removed most of the rays so it looks better.

EDIT: Updated old screenshots.

EDIT2: I don't want to add more tree's because then, this map won't be playable.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
add lava cracks and there is a lava terrain.... add a bit of it. Also some smoke won't hurt.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Updated the screenshots and made most of the volcano. I couldn't add too much smoke because then that would lag due to spam of fire model. Im not using the dungeon terrain because the lava isn't supposed to spill out and the volcano looks better when using barrens terrain.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The volcano would look nice with smaller rocks up the side aswell, because it looks a bit flat at the moment.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.