How many heroes should an AoS have?

How many heroes should an AoS have?

• Total voters

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
16 is the number.

You can either have 16 so that oth teams can pick any hero they want, or 8 heroes each side.

It doesnt hurt to have few more or few less than 16, but you should aim to somewhere near 16.

chopperpope

Reaction score
It's impossible to say.

If you can create lots of unique heroes u can create as much as you want, for example, don't create two heroes like these:
Ormus
- summons a water elemental
- stuns a unit and deals damage
- send a wave ahead
- summon a sea moster
and
Marfallus
-summons 2 lava sparks
- shots a fire blast with knock back a unit
-sends a fire wave ahead
- call a locus flame storm

(those heroes look like the same, so, it's not good to have it in your map)
also, players don't like WC3 spells, so, u must create your own in TRIGGER EDITOR, and creating good spells is a hard work.
---------------------------------------------
u have 3 ways of creating a map:
-DOTA way: create as much heroes as you can repeating spells and basing them on attacking and casting spells once every an hour.
- Age Of Myths: create just a few heroes, each one with unique spells and gameplay, based not just in attacking but casting spells in the right time and way.
- My way (chopperway): create 2 taverns, one for heaven another for hell, use a good theme for each hero, example (fire, ice, elemental, nature, explosion, summon, ghost, poison), try to create each hero very special, like
- a hero with permanent summons to aid in combat like it's own army;
- a hero with another hero like a team
- 3 in one, like a hero with can morph in 3 different heroes.
- an invulnerable ghost which can only give support and summon fallen warriors to fight.
- a rune mage, which create runes as itens to use later.
-----------------
YOU ARE FREE DO DECIDE, but remember, do not copy any of the 3 stiles I post, create ur own like I did.

I hope I have helped:thup:

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Chopperpope, your way kinda sux since these type of heroes (fire, ice, elemental, nature...) are impossible to balance.... and this sounds like all of them is a mage...

the best way would be creating warrior type, range type and mage type heroes
create 2 taverns for each team, in each tavern create 8 warrior types, 8 range types and 8 mage types (this is 24 heroes, 12 heroes in each tavern) so making 48 heroes would be kinda nice, but hard :p

if this is too much then create 1 tavern for each side with 4 warriors, 4 rangers and 4 mages (this is a good start)

heroes like these makes them easier to balance and I wrote something wrong heroes don't need to be unique, they need to be fun to play with
a warrior hero doesn't necessary mean strength hero, there are many agi warriors

btw, coping style of "hero creating" isn't bad.... DOTA's style isn't something new and unique

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
Chopperpope is a reduced version of Cemeh.

about topic.

your the creator. you decide. just like the "architect" on matrix.

there no such thing as a word unique nowadays. just keep writing down those ideas on paper. and soon enough. you will create a hero that will be perfect for their role.

like warrior = smash.

not like. warrior = flash.

Vnbear

Reaction score
The more the merrier :D

No one likes to play the same hero over and over again for a long period of time.
Variations make games more interesting.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Not true, I nearly allways play Leto when I play ToB. He is just too cool.

chopperpope

Reaction score
Chopperpope, your way kinda sux since these type of heroes (fire, ice, elemental, nature...) are impossible to balance.... and this sounds like all of them is a mage...
I can have a warrior of fire type, for example, I can have a demon warrior with spells based on fire, for example, attacks which causes explosions, morph into pure lava, the unit stills a warrior, but no more focused on just casting 2 spells and hopr you kill the target
the best way would be creating warrior type, range type and mage type heroes
create 2 taverns for each team, in each tavern create 8 warrior types, 8 range types and 8 mage types (this is 24 heroes, 12 heroes in each tavern) so making 48 heroes would be kinda nice, but hard :p
yea, u can create as much heroes as u can, but make them unique, not copies of each other
if this is too much then create 1 tavern for each side with 4 warriors, 4 rangers and 4 mages (this is a good start)
why always a ranged, a mage and a warrior? there are much more tipes of heroes whicch are not those three. You can have:
- a puppeter or general (which have all spells based on summoning, so, the true spells are cast by the puppets.
- a support hero, cause I can`t say a Sakura medic is a caster, if I give her strength atribute, battle spells and buffs but I base him on attacking

- a merchant, some heroes with special abilities like (trade, complete task, rob gold, mineway). Merchants makes the game a little more cool for the players who are fart of just killing, killing, killing, killing...
heroes like these makes them easier to balance and I wrote something wrong heroes don't need to be unique, they need to be fun to play with
a warrior hero doesn't necessary mean strength hero, there are many agi warriors
a funny hero is good, I`m not saying they don`t must to be, but unique heroes are good, cause the web is FUCKING FULL OF SHITTY AOS MAPS! If dont create unique heroes people will not play your map! I can`t stand lots and lots of new AOS maps trying to copy DOTA, for sure, the only cause why Age Of Myths is cool, is because it`s tottaly new! If you want to create a good AOS, u must do what people have never done, create hero tipes never tried, gameplay never played. do not listen to Dinowc, he`s telling you to make an AOS like all others, You don`t need answers from normal people

btw, coping style of "hero creating" isn't bad.... DOTA's style isn't something new and unique

screw u man! ALWAYS complaining! read my topics carefully before start saying shit about it! READ THE RED parts of the quote

chopperpope

Reaction score
Then you should look up to DotA as your god ^^

they have managed to balance what is it? over 50 heroes?

DOTA?
OMG!
do not speak in DOTA!
it`s not good, it was just the first good AOS warcraft have ever had, but it`s no more the best, but people stills playing it like a good game, but, it`s not.

ICEFROG is a moron, he created 80 heroes! and he can`t even ballance them, INSTEAD OF BALLANCING OLD HEROES HES CREATING MORE AND MORE:nuts:

If you want to create a good AOS, do not copy DOTA!

chopperpope

Reaction score
So, your saying Pudge is not unique?
\
no, it`s not.

EDITED: ROT is imollation but targeting self too
the flesh carapace isn`t creative, lots of other AOSs have spells like this
Dismember? it`s an aerial shackles without special effects.

about the hook, yes, it`s a bit unique, but the hero isn`t, just one spell is, so, it don`t make the hero unique

sorry for the question, but.
Why we can`t speak or create topics about DOTA?

The Undaddy

Creating with the power of rage
Reaction score
This has gone a lot off topic,but how is "rot immolation with negative value"?If it were negative,I presume it'd heal instead of damage.Also,seeing from your post,spells that aren't triggered aren't unique.Well,I think the spells fit the hero just perfect.

chopperpope

Reaction score
This has gone a lot off topic,but how is "rot immolation with negative value"?If it were negative,I presume it'd heal instead of damage.Also,seeing from your post,spells that aren't triggered aren't unique.Well,I think the spells fit the hero just perfect.

my mistake, sorry:thdown:

I`ve edited it right now

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Number of max players + (number of max players / 3)
Example: 12 + (12 / 3) = 16.

Fitting aye?

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
screw u man! ALWAYS complaining! read my topics carefully before start saying shit about it! READ THE RED parts of the quote

chopperpope, you are starting to get on my nerves..... you always think your ideas are perfect, you always think you are the best (you even thought that you can create AoS better than dota...)

by even watching your threads I see why you got -25 rep.... and stop spamming me you ******

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Number of max players + (number of max players / 3)
Example: 12 + (12 / 3) = 16.

Fitting aye?

I like Vestras pattens, it tells the truth. Obey the pattern!

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Lol - math is on Viikuna's side :D

Anyway, make as many as you can IMO, assuming you think people will play them - if you can make 50 fun-to-play and unique heroes, then do so if you so desperately want, if you can only make 16 (happy Viikuna? :)) under the same criteria, then only make 16 (or somewhere around that figure).

I guess there is only a minimum value in a situation like this, and that'd be based on total player numbers (no point having at least 20 heroes for a 2-player map, or 6 heroes for a 10-player map). After that, it all depends on what you can make, and if any new heroes can maintain the same level of interest that any other hero can.

it`s not good, it was just the first good AOS warcraft have ever had, but it`s no more the best, but people stills playing it like a good game, but, it`s not.
Pff - care to explain this then
chopperpope's profile said:
Interests
mapping, playing my maps, playing DOTA and LOAP.
Riiiight, your opinion is definitely well-founded, because you hate DotA, but still play it?
If you want to create a good AOS, do not copy DOTA!
Indeed (but not for the same reason as you), but you shouldn't copy any map if you want it to be good. Nobody will give up the existing map just to play a new, carbon-copy map.

Now, I think this thread has enough spam about DotA - if you have nothing to contribute to the thread other than "DotA this, DotA that", or flame, don't contribute at all. I don't think Kazuga came here for a DotA discussion.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.