Ice/Frost Spell ideas!

Vylatin

Reaction score
I need some ice/frost spell ideas for my wizard hero :)

I'll +rep good ideas.

Thx in advance!

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Enflame!- The mage summons the fiery heart of a dragon to make an explosion that sets all nearby units in flames. The mage controlls the flames, and makes them either aid or demig oponents.
level 1 AoE 300 100dmg over 5 seconds to enemy units, 6armor and 6dmg per second immolation. Bonus lasts 10 seconds at all levels
Level 2 150dmg 12dmg immolation
level 3 200dmg and 16 immolation bonus
level 4 300dmg and 24 immolation bonus

March of flames: The caster Creates a pillar of flame and summons fiery monsters. Channeling for 5 seconds, untill the summoning process is compleate.
Mana Cost 100/200/250 cooldown 60/30/10
Level 1 Summons 2 fire spirits who reduce enemy armor by 2 on atack. (stacks) spirits have 300ho and 20 dmg
Level 2 summons 3 spirits (-5 armor on atack()
Level 3Summons 3 spirits and one infernal (antimagic tank unit with immolation and taunt)
level 4 Summons 2 spirits and 2 greater infernals

Fire Wip The mage summons a wip of fire witch will atack enemies. Baisicly, omnislash, but, it is performed by a phoenix fire missle. You choose the stats :p

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
here are some chilly spells :p

Frozen cage
Caster freezes himself in a ice block making him unable to move, attack or cast spells, but also makes him invulnerable to physical attacks. However, if an enemy unit casts a spell upon him he will become unfrozen and take 50% more spell damage. He can unfreeze himself at any time. While frozen, he has increased hp and mana regeneration.

Level 1: +2hp reg, +50% mana reg.
Level 2: +4hp reg, +75% mana reg.
Level 3: +7hp reg, +125% mana reg.
Level 4: +11hp reg, +200% mana reg.

Curse of frost
Curses a target enemy unit with freezing energy. Every time it moves it will get slowed. If it gets slowed by 100% it will freeze himself and suffer 10% of hp per second.

Level 1: For each 100 distance slows by 5%. Duration 10 seconds.
Level 2: For each 100 distance slows by 7%. Duration 11 seconds.
Level 3: For each 100 distance slows by 9%. Duration 12 seconds.
Level 4: For each 100 distance slows by 11%. Duration 13 seconds.

Freezing field (channeling)
Channels frost energies around caster. Any enemy unit that comes in range will get slowed. If he's still in the field, it will freeze after 3 seconds until channel stops.

Level 1: Channels for up to 6 seconds. Slows by 40%.
Level 2: Channels for up to 7 seconds. Slows by 45%.
Level 3: Channels for up to 8 seconds. Slows by 50%.
Level 4: Channels for up to 9 seconds. Slows by 55%.

Glacial spike
Sends a icy sphere at target location damaging and slowing every enemy unit on impact also releasing mass frost bolts around damaging enemies that get hit.

Level 1: Deals 150 damage on impact to nearby enemies and slows them by 50% for 4 seconds. Releases 6 ice bolts, each deals 50 damage.
Level 2: Deals 225 damage on impact to nearby enemies and slows them by 50% for 4 seconds. Releases 8 ice bolts, each deals 75 damage.
Level 3: Deals 300 damage on impact to nearby enemies and slows them by 50% for 4 seconds. Releases 10 ice bolts, each deals 100 damage.
Level 4: Deals 375 damage on impact to nearby enemies and slows them by 50% for 4 seconds. Releases 12 ice bolts, each deals 125 damage.

EDIT:
I need some ice/frost spell ideas

lol Bloodcount :p

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Ah, damn, I read ice/flame... silly me :p well ,time to fix the mistake

Frouzen soul- The caster unleashes his souls and freezes nearby enemies dealing dmg to them. The spell is channeling. In aoe of 500 of the hero evry 6/4/2 seconds an enemy unit will be slowed for 20/30/40% atack and movment speed for 3.25 seconds and will be dealt dmg equal to 2x his main atrubute+ 0/50/100

Freezing Kiss- the mage (hope it is a she) "kisses" the enemy unit, and freezes his insides. It deals massive dmg. Teleports the caster to the unit. Deals 300/500/700 dmg and freezes for 2 seconds. mana cost 200/300/400 cooldown 60seconds

Frost Nova The caster summons a piece of ice infront of him and braks it into pieses . The pices deal dmg to the oponents and the nova slows them down. This is a spam spell. It stacks the spices do 20/'30/40 base dmg and 20 stacking. The freeze is 5/7/9% atack and moovment speed and lasts for 10 seconds. Again stacking. Cooldown: 2seconds Mana cost 20

Tholdalf

Reaction score
Ground Frost

Freezes the ground slowing and damaging you´re enemies, if an enemy doesn´t move for 3 seconds it gets frosen to the ground and can´t move.

level - 1 : 20% slow deals 5dmg/sec, the ice field lasts for 15 secs , freezes the enemy if it doesn´t move for 3 sec and deals an additional 5dmg/sec.

level - 2 : 25% slow deals 10dmg/sec, the ice field lasts for 15 secs , freezes the enemy if it doesn´t move for 3 sec and deals an additional 5dmg/sec.

level - 3 : 30% slow deals 15dmg/sec, the ice field lasts for 15 secs , freezes the enemy if it doesn´t move for 3 sec and deals an additional 5dmg/sec.

level - 4 : 35% slow deals 20dmg/sec, the ice field lasts for 15 secs , freezes the enemy if it doesn´t move for 3 sec and deals an additional 5dmg/sec.

The only thing that I could brainstorm right now.. I´ll either post one more or edit this post if I come up with some more spells.

HalosNTariff

Reaction score
Here's a couple of ideas:

Hypoborean Cannon (you can change the 'cannon' to something more magic-sounding if you want)
A channeled spell which creates a beam of ice between the caster and a target point, any enemy unit which crosses the beam will be damaged and frozen/slowed. As it's channeled the beam will remain for as long as the caster remaind motionless. It can be used to cut off enemy escape routes/charge pathways.

Sennen Hyōrō
A unit targeted spell which instantly freezes a target for x seconds. If you want you could implement it so that a unit attacked in this state recieves massive damage as the ice shatters, but is no longer stunned.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Encase
Surrounds the target with a generous casing of solid ice. Drains X health per second and prevents movement for Y seconds. Also increases armor dramatically.

Snowflake
Conjures an enourmous blizzard that slows units trapped inside, damages them, and makes them miss attacks.

Soothe (Passive)
The surrounding area is covered with a frosty blanket of fresh snow. The snow melts quickly, cleaning and icing wounds, speeding up health regeneration.

Frost Spire
A large icy spire rises from the ground. Enemy units standing on the target location are thrown X distance away and dealth Y damage. The spire slightly increases the attack damage of nearby allies for Z seconds.

Fimbulwinter
Every nearby enemy's screen flashes white for X seconds, and a pack of Y frost wolves appear. Enemies are also frozen in place for Z seconds, vulnerable to further attacks.

Man-o-Bomb

Reaction score
Ice Block Channeling
Creates an ice block at targeted location. Units caught in it will get damaged and stunned. Each few second a shard of ice will fall down, and increase the size of the block. Each time the block gets bigger, units in it gets damaged again, and it will maybe freeze units close enough.

Ice Shards
First, it sends one shard at targeted point. The shard will fly until it hits sombody. The first unit in the shards way will get frozed and damaged.
1.5 seconds after the first shard 12 will come. They come one by one over 2 seconds in a random direction inside -60 degrees of the heroes facing, and +60 of the heroes facing. If an already frozen targets gets hit, he will get pushed back in hes box of ice, without getting frozen or damaged.
Note: When casting this spell, it will take 3.5 seconds. In these 3.5 seconds the hero could be paused or something.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.