Ideas for my new map?

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Ok, well, my current idea for my map, is theres a god, and a bunch of peasants, the whole map is bare, but the point, is to plant trees, build citys, etc. and the god just helps/creates the peasants, and he can do a lot of things, but, I would just like to know what you guys think of this, and some ideas you guys might have

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
So it's basically a remake of Life of a Peasant? :)
You could make jobs, and make the god able to create things like.. volcanos, lightning, storm, rain, flood and such things

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Something like this would only be fun for one player (God), or a specific group of friends who enjoy role-playing games.

jrhetf4xb

Reaction score
It would definitely be appealing for atheists.

On a serious note, if you want to simulate real life then it would be fine since I've never seen a good map of that sort.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
Yes, as jrhetf4xb said, those maps are usually RoC maps that don't even have used the editor to its fullest potential. Most of those maps have leaks in their triggers, no point at all...

However, if you can manage to make a good LoaP-like or SimCity-like or whatever-like map, I shalt respect thee.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
alright, in that case, i plan on doing it without a god, as the god WOULD only be fun for that one person, and it is kinda stupid now that i think of it, but, I could use some ideas to get started, and I have a few questions, Main Builder Hero or not? I was thinking Hero, because it would give me the ability to add structures etc. based on level, wheras the unit seems more logical, also, When/Should I add creeps? like dinosaurs etc. for the prehistoric age etc.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody recognized (or mentioned) "Black and White" here :eek:

why don't you make it like in B&W then? each player is an individual god and they fight for the belief of the peasants

the more belief they have, the stronger they become (gain special abilities, like lightning storm to destroy enemy's city)

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
well, i got the idea from Wall-E, like the whole world was ruined, and they have to start ALL over again

gaskell

Reaction score
That sounds epic. even single player as a god. But omg if you can pull this off it will be awesome.
I think the leveling hero idea would be cool. Like he can spawn single trees and gold coins or whatever for resources and then as he lvls he can spawn forrests and gold mines.
But do the peasants just mosey around doing stuff themselves? Like when you make trees they run over and start hacking them down for wood. and build the city up in their own time as you change the land?
If you could put in terraining tools too so you could change the landscape and make your own defence choke points and rivers etc... that would be cool.

sidove

Reaction score
This would be cool, you start out as a little tiny bactierie with all other 12 players in your room then you eat other bacteires (players) and grow bigger and bigger. The bigger you get the more you evolve, so first for example you go from bactirie then, fish, reptile, aligator etc and the last live form shall be Human. This would be a cool idea, but if you are aiming at something more "life" realted read the idea below :D

One player start out as god, the other players start out as Humans, the Humans objective is to normaly live their life and survive as much as possible in a certain time-limit. The God obejctive is to ruin the Humans life, by making world disasters as volcanos, floods and such.
The Humans can surive longer by cooperating with eachother, but also winning by exterminating eachother. The last man standing wins.

RangerX

I am justice!
Reaction score
how about every player has his own GOD that can't be used but some kind of AI will control him helping his humans survive [it give human bufs,gold,lumber and it gives enemy humans volcano curses and many other things :)

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
1 or 2 of the players' missions is trying to sabotage the operation. God has to figure out which player it is and smite them. If he smites too many helpful people, he and the townies lose.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
Would differ from the original point (look at the first post), but I personally like the idea a lot.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
That sounds epic. even single player as a god. But omg if you can pull this off it will be awesome.
I think the leveling hero idea would be cool. Like he can spawn single trees and gold coins or whatever for resources and then as he lvls he can spawn forrests and gold mines.
But do the peasants just mosey around doing stuff themselves? Like when you make trees they run over and start hacking them down for wood. and build the city up in their own time as you change the land?
If you could put in terraining tools too so you could change the landscape and make your own defence choke points and rivers etc... that would be cool.

Im not sure exactly if they CAN change the terrain, but if they can than I will, im learning JASS, so I plan on making the whole thing in JASS, but, anyways, right now, i have a caveman model, and they just start out as cavemen, but then they evolve at level 5, they get to level 5, but making trees, they get 5 xp a tree, and every level they get something new, its gonna be fun

PunkarFeffe

Reaction score
Ok, well, my current idea for my map, is theres a god, and a bunch of peasants, the whole map is bare, but the point, is to plant trees, build citys, etc. and the god just helps/creates the peasants, and he can do a lot of things, but, I would just like to know what you guys think of this, and some ideas you guys might have

There is a map just like this already, but it has alot of memory leaks and stuff.
But I thought you could check it out for more ideas and such.

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/148931/

It's called Gods domination III, tried it and it's pretty fun.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.