Mezion

Reaction score
I made this simple trigger:

Trigger:
  • Nasty Plot H
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • ((Ability being cast) Equal to Nasty Plot (H) (Lv44)) or (((Ability being cast) Equal to Nasty Plot (H) (Lv55)) or ((Ability being cast) Equal to Nasty Plot (H) (Lv90)))
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Nasty Plot ( Buff ) to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add Nasty Plot (Look) to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Nasty Plot ( Buff ) for (Triggering unit) to (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))
      • Wait 30.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove Nasty Plot ( Buff ) from (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Remove Nasty Plot (Look) from (Triggering unit)

the buff always stay level 1.... Why? I does have 5 different levels, with different bonus. I double tchecked that to be sure there was no problem there. I have some similar abilities that works. The only difference I can see in this one is that the main skill is based on channel. If that makes a differenc, why? It makes no sense since the unit do gain the skill, but only at lv1 ... grrrr...

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
I have no idea why, but I've read that using Level of (Ability being cast) does not work properly. You'll instead need to use Level of Nasty Plot (H) (Lv44)...and it might be best to use 3 triggers, one for each variant of the spell, in that case.

Mezion

Reaction score
I don't think that's the problem since I got almost identical abilities (This one boost Intelligence, I made some others that boost damage, agility, etc. with the same trigger patern).

The only difference I can see between them and this one is that this on use channel... I'm not near my wcr3 editor right now but later on I'll be, I'll just make 3 dummy abilities (like 3 version of berserk) but them in this trigger without changing anything else. I'll post the results.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
I have no idea why, but I've read that using Level of (Ability being cast) does not work properly. You'll instead need to use Level of Nasty Plot (H) (Lv44)...and it might be best to use 3 triggers, one for each variant of the spell, in that case.
The game doesn't get the proper integer value when reading the level directly through the event response. It's a bug.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.