Is it possible to show an icon on 'hidden' abilities?

HalosNTariff

Reaction score
Hi, I haven't had any problems for a while but I've just started making a hero defence style map full of the usual, flashy heroes and abilities, so that may be about to change.

Anyway a couple of my heroes are going to have abilities based off of 'Tornado (slow aura)' however when I set this as a hero ability and give at an 'icon-normal' icon it doesn't show up when learnt in game. The research icon, however, shows up fine.

I would just like to know whether it is possible to make the 'Tornado (slow aura)' ability visible once learnt, possibly a field entitled 'show hidden icons' or similar.

If not I would have to trigger a dummy ability to be learnt along side it at each level and as my slow aura has 10 levels this would not be preferable. If it is not possible and you know a way of triggering a dummy icon in I would be very grateful if you could share it.

Thanks in advance.

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
I don't see why this happens. Are you sure you placed the same icon at both Art - Icon -Normal and Art - Icon - Reasearch icon?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
"Tornado (Slow aura)" doesn't show any icon...
And, as usual, you can not make an ability do something it isn't doing already.

Either use a different ability,
or add a second "do nothing" ability that just shows an icon and a tooltip.

HalosNTariff

Reaction score
Thanks, I was hoping there might be a way to override the lack of icon, nevermind. I'll try negative endurance aura first before I try messing around with triggers and dummies though.

Thanks.

Grymlax

Probably not around
Reaction score
Using negative values aren't always a good idea since it sometimes means that if someone has another version of that spell with a positive value it will simply override your negative value instead of stacking. This is something you should also should keep in mind when you test your negative spells.

I would think that the easiest way is to add a dummy spell, that simply shows the icon and tooltip as Acehart suggested, and then triggerit to make the slow aura the same level. the triggering required would be really simple.

Trigger:
  • Show slow aura
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Iconspell
    • Actions
      • If ((Level of Iconspell for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1) then do (Unit - Add Slow Aura (Tornado) to (Triggering unit)) else do (Do nothing)
      • Unit - Set level of Slow Aura (Tornado) for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Iconspell for (Triggering unit))

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.