Is this possible?

Vacko

Reaction score
Hai! ^^

I want to make this game, where u start with a settler and build a HQ then start build troops and fight each other. But these are the buildings;

Village Headquarter
1 HQ for one settler, so I though of removing the settler when building the HQ, we can train workers and settlers at the HQ. It gives a defense aura to defense unit.

Tower
This building attack enemy units, but can only build in range of HQ, so not too far away from the HQ. It gives a defense aura too.

Barrack
Explain itself, but you can upgrade the Barrack so it can train soldier faster. Axemen are offensive, and spearmen, archers and swordmen are defensive.

Stable
Explain itself too, you can upgrade it to train unit faster too. train scout, and light calvary and mounted archers are offence, and heavy calvary defensive.

Workshop
Upgrade and train unit faster. train catapult and ram.

Academy
Train noblemen, noblemen can take over a HQ. (Not sure how yet)

(Hero)
Train a hero

Smithy
Make the upgrade so you can start training the unit.

Market
Trade and sell the resource.

Farm
Gives the food so you can make units.

Resource:
Lumbermill
Claypit
Ironmine
Goldmine
(Maybe more)

Warehouse
Holds the resource, so you can't have unlimited resource. So the higher warehouse more resource you can hold.

Hiding Place
Hide away some resource so enemy can't take away everything.

And you can only build one building of that, until you build a new HQ. So you can't build 2 barracks with only one HQ, so 2 HQ = 2 Barrack, 3 HQ = 3 Barrack etc.

I'm not sure if I get everything down, but I will edit if i miss something.
I don't know JASS..

Thanks for reading ^^
Inspiration from old Rome movies, Tribalwars and medieval games.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Firstly, "jazz" = JASS, vJASS, that is how you spell it.
Next: Almost anything is possible with WC3.

Vacko

Reaction score
Uhm, the defense aura, how to give it only to defense unit.
And how to make sure the tower isn't too far away from the HQ.
And all those soldier buildings, if I upgrade them do I have too make new units for them... like faster... or can I edit the building somehow? Or trigger it? And how the nobleman can take over a HQ, track by mana, hp? maybe mana, because the soldiers are going to raid the HQ to steal resource from others. And the market, possible to do that? you decide how much u want to send or trade or sell..
And the farm.., I have to make something that holds the unit, and the HQ... so I have to make the extra resource for it?
The multi resource thing seems kinda hard without JASS too.. and the Warehouse and hiding place, I have no idea how to make it.

0WN3D

Reaction score
for the defense aura, make certain unit have a classification(tuaren could be possible) then let the aura only affect those unit of gthat classification.
For the build in range, each time if a unit build a building, then check if it is within 400 range of every barrack belonging to the owner of triggering unit, then order the building unit to stop if it isnt.

Vacko

Reaction score
Hm, I will try that when I get home..
But good thanks..

Never tried that, never touch anything that has range, beside attack range.. but still fail at that.. but good idea im going to try it out :D nothing to lose ^^

Thanks for helping me out :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.