JASS NewGen Pack 1.5d

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
There is a menu command for it. It's Extensions\Register Shell Extensions.
Try disabling and re-enabling it.

Doesn't change anything. Enable Shell Extensions was unchecked by default, and it resets itself everytime I close/restart NewGen. And I can't disable it once I enable it unless I close and restart NewGen :S

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
Doesn't change anything. Enable Shell Extensions was unchecked by default, and it resets itself everytime I close/restart NewGen. And I can't disable it once I enable it unless I close and restart NewGen :S

Just do the file asoc yourself then

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
JASS NewGen problem

I was trying to test one of my maps, and I got this error:
This application has encountered a critical error:
FATAL ERROR!

Program: C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\war3.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:6F0ED8A0

The instruction at '0X6F0ED8A0' referenced memory at '0x0000001C'.
The memory could not be 'read'.

Press OK to terminate the application
It looks like, somehow, NewGen protected my map :mad:

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I was trying to test one of my maps, and I got this error:

It looks like, somehow, NewGen protected my map :mad:
Did you try opening the map from the backup folder? Newgen keeps backups... sorry to hear that about your map.

Knight7770

Reaction score
Did you try opening the map from the backup folder? Newgen keeps backups... sorry to hear that about your map.
Thanks for feeling sorry :eek:
However, I now realize that I was being very, very dumb. I had forgotten to enable war3err, as I had just installed the latest version. Thanks for the help :thup:

Knight7770

Reaction score
I'd edit my post, but then no one would notice it. Consider this a bump.

I found a problem, and this time, I checked to make sure it wasn't something I forgot to check :)o). I found that the Edit Tileset option under Extensions doesn't work, even when I restart WE. However, the option to edit the tile's pathability works :thup:

Terrabull

Veteran Member (Done that)
Reaction score
I'm not sure why this is happening, it never happened in the old versions of NewGen, but anways. When I open my map it opens fine, but then I save it and I get an error on the globals.
I am using JassHelper, the error i get is: "Undefined type abilcode"
The line it highlights reads:
abilcode array udg_Spell_Hold

Now obviusly that should be an integer array, but I can't actually change it in the variable editor because I use that variable quite a few times, and I can't have it resetting all the instances, I'll never remember all of them.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>Now obviusly that should be an integer array, but I can't actually change it in the variable editor because I use that variable quite a few times, and I can't have it resetting all the instances, I'll never remember all of them.
Do you have a struct or a custom defined type named as abilcode?

PitzerMike

poo kaka
Reaction score
I'm not sure why this is happening, it never happened in the old versions of NewGen, but anways. When I open my map it opens fine, but then I save it and I get an error on the globals.
I am using JassHelper, the error i get is: "Undefined type abilcode"
The line it highlights reads:
abilcode array udg_Spell_Hold

Now obviusly that should be an integer array, but I can't actually change it in the variable editor because I use that variable quite a few times, and I can't have it resetting all the instances, I'll never remember all of them.

I'll look into it.
Probably a UMSWE problem, if UMSWE is enabled try disabling it until I have a fix.

Terrabull

Reaction score
UMSWE was enabled. I tried disabling it and saving, but it still gave me the error. Do I need to restart the editor for it to take effect?

Terrabull

Reaction score
The basic color codes in UMS don't work. They display |cXXXX only half of the required letters.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Got a weird problem related to code font...

Somehow (not sure how I managed to do it), my font was changed. What is the default font size?

Also, when I highlight code, it disappears (instead of having the blue behind the text, it's just blank). My Style options for Selection are:

Foreground: Highlight Text
Background: Highlight Background
Alpha: 0

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I'd edit my post, but then no one would notice it. Consider this a bump.

I found a problem, and this time, I checked to make sure it wasn't something I forgot to check :)o). I found that the Edit Tileset option under Extensions doesn't work, even when I restart WE. However, the option to edit the tile's pathability works :thup:

I've had errors with this too. Simply open your map, go to extensions>Edit Tileset, add the tilesets and I think it should save after pressing OK. Don't save any further, just restart the editor then it should work. I think after saving manually it resets the tiles, or it at least did so for me.

PitzerMike

poo kaka
Reaction score
Terrabull: The abilcode problem can be resolved by installing the update that I posted there: http://wc3campaigns.net/showpost.php?p=1009424&postcount=768

The color thing is intentional, basic colors are just there for compatibility with older maps. Better use the hex-color presets.

If you really wanna use basic colors you need to concatenate
1. The opening color tag
2. An opacity preset
3. A basic color preset
4. A closing color tag

Terrabull

Reaction score
The abilcode problem can be resolved
Will do that now, thank you.
The color thing is intentional
Ah, I didn't understand what the difference between the two types of color codes was. Thank you for the clarification, perhaps that is something that can go in the documentation?

PitzerMike

poo kaka
Reaction score
Will do that now, thank you.

Ah, I didn't understand what the difference between the two types of color codes was. Thank you for the clarification, perhaps that is something that can go in the documentation?

Yeah, documentation would be nice.
But who will write it? :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.