Jumping Units :/

hellblazer-1

Reaction score
Hey again.

Back with still the same problem, which nobody has so far been able to solve. I am trying to make a bunch of units that are standing on a wall go flying off it in all directions when the wall is destroyed by a Trebuchet. Basically, there are two triggers to make this work. One to make them fly up a short distance, and the second trigger to make them move in random directions and fall back to the ground. Its working fine, but the units are moving, they are just going up, then back down again :nuts::nuts::nuts:

I really need someone to help me, as I can't work on my movie until its fixed!!! So, please help anybody!!!

The units movement type is fly, and the triggers to make it work are following --

Code:
Fling Men
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Wall Effects <gen>) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s animation speed to 0.00% of its original speed
                Animation - Change (Picked unit) flying height to (Random real number between 1000.00 and 1500.00) at 300.00
                Animation - Play (Picked unit)'s death animation
        Wait 1.50 seconds
        Trigger - Turn on Footman fly <gen>
        Wait 3.00 seconds
        Trigger - Turn off Footman fly <gen>

---

Code:
Footman fly
    Events
        Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Footmen_Fly_Height = ((Current flying height of (Picked unit)) - 5.00)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Wall Effects <gen>) and do (Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by 5.00 towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Wall Effects <gen>) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Animation - Change (Picked unit) flying height to Footmen_Fly_Height at 400.00

hellblazer-1

Reaction score
thanks, but that wasn't the actual problem, the thing is, the unit is not performing the action - unit - move picked unit instantly to pos of picked unit offset by 5 towards facing of picked unit.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Since that apperantly worked I think he's using run trigger. I would suggest you to lower that periodic from 0.01 to something like 0.03 or similar to prevent lags that might occur.

hellblazer-1

Reaction score
yes, I am using run trigger. I will change that 0.01 thing and see what happens :) thanks! But that still leaves the problem that the units are moving horizontally...
:confused:

PROBLEM FIXED - but i dunno what i did XD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.