Just a quick question...

Simbob

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there is an ability that could make a melle person into a ranged person... or vicea versa. Like if I make a peasant hold a bow could I make him ranged? Or even give him the archers animation?

I havent searched this but if you can find a link to a place that has the answer I'm looking for please tell me.

TY Simbob ;)

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
u would need to replace the unit with another unit that has the attack range that u want, u can either trigger this or use a spell like storm crow form, metamorphis, etc.

Ryuu

I am back with Chocolate (:
Reaction score
One quick and probably the best way is to create two variations of the peasant, one melee and range, with same abilities and etc.

Then use this trigger:

Code:
Trigger 001
   EVENTS
      Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
   CONDITIONS
      [Conditions]
   ACTIONS
      Set casterLoc = (Triggering unit)
      Unit - Remove casterLoc from the Game
      Set pointLoc = (Position of casterLoc)
      Unit - Create 1 Ranged Peasant for [Player] at pointLoc facing (Facing of casterLoc) degrees

Reaction score
Code:
Trigger 001
   EVENTS
      Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
   CONDITIONS
      [Conditions]
   ACTIONS
      Set casterLoc = (Triggering unit)
      Unit - Remove casterLoc from the Game
      Set pointLoc = (Position of casterLoc)
      Unit - Create 1 Ranged Peasant for [Player] at pointLoc facing (Facing of casterLoc) degrees
Mmm, nice, the peasant gets full hp and such when he swaps his attack style. That is IF the trigger was right, you can't remove the unit and set it's location to a variable.
Just use the Unit - Replace.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Under the condition you will only need two "modes" (one melee and one ranged with a fixed range) you can just set up Attack 2 for the peasant (but make sure it's disabled). After that just giving him some Orb-based ability should work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.