Keyboard interaction help

Slinky

Reaction score
The event 'Player-Keyboard Event

Player1 (Red) press the Left Arrow key'

is a very handy event. If there a way of letting more keyboard keys be used in this way?

For instance, the spacebar, the Ctrl button, or the letters on the keyboard.

I know that spell hotkeys will work for some of this, but they are restricted to just the letters.

Any help would be great!

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Escape can be used for when a player 'skips a cinematic'. The four arrow keys can be used, in the way you have shown. There's a trick to using spacebar (since it usually moves the camera to a town hall, but it would require some weird camera tracking, and could possibly cause desyncs).

However, the only way to use the regular letter keys/numbers is to use spells.

Argentine

Reaction score
using letter keys in event triggers

Interesting theory i have, but you should be able to accomplish using letters for other interactions by using triggers with dummy spells and giving the spell to the unit or hero for example: Create a custom ability (based off of an activated spell which does not target, such as thunder clap) and set the hot key of the spell to the key you want to press for a function.

Next step is remove all art models and animations from the spell, as well as sounds..

next try giving your hero a unit ability that is similar but make it so the ability will not show up on the hero's UI in any way (i think this can somehow be done with the button position or with some other kind of map editor besides just WE.)

now make the event trigger so when your hero uses (ability) then do actions (desired actions)

(if you wanted "h" to teleport your hero home (like in Fable where G teleports you to the guild hall) then you make a spell H hot keyed, the spell has no effect then make a trigger that moves the caster of the spell to (his home)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.