Leak check

Monictor

Reaction score
Checking to make sure I got the point and picked unit leak removals right. Also, I'm looking for suggestions on how to remove the 15 special effect leaks without altering the effect (it makes meteors fall down which don't particularly do anything individually). Don't worry about the functionality of the spell, it's working how I want it to.

Trigger:
  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 15, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Set MeteorEffect = (Position of (Random unit from (Units within 260.00 of (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)))))
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at MeteorEffect using Objects\Spawnmodels\Demon\InfernalMeteor\InfernalMeteor2.mdl
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_MeteorEffect)
      • Wait 0.06 game-time seconds
    • Set SplashDamage[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Units within 260.00 of (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)))
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Last created unit group) and do (Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing DmgDemonHunter[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire)
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_SplashDamage[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()))])

Monictor

Reaction score
Alright, to remove the special effect leaks I've added this to the loop:

Trigger:
  • Set MeteorSFX[(Integer A)] = (Last created special effect)

and this to remove them later:

Trigger:
  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 15, do (Special Effect - Destroy MeteorSFX[(Integer A)])

It leaks every line? 45+ leaks? I've read this tutorial and I have cleaned up everything mentioned.

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27219&highlight=leaks

What else are you guys talking about?

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
Leak locations
(Position of (Random unit from (Units within 260.00 of (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)))))

Monictor

Reaction score
You guys aren't helping much. I have leak removers in there. Did I remove the point and special effect leaks correctly?

So is the only leak I have to remove in the loop that is left is... the "pick random unit" when I set the MeteorEffect point?

Summoned

Reaction score
Tagging the leaking parts.
Set MeteorEffect = (Position of (Random unit from [UNIT GROUP LEAK](Units within 260.00 of [POINT LEAK](Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))[/POINT LEAK])[/UNIT GROUP LEAK]))

[SPECIAL EFFECT LEAK]Special Effect - Create a special effect at MeteorEffect using Objects\Spawnmodels\Demon\InfernalMeteor\InfernalMeteor2.mdl[/SPECIAL EFFECT LEAK]

Set SplashDamage[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Units within 260.00 of [POINT LEAK](Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True))[/POINT LEAK])
Whenever you call for a point like "position of unit" inside a function, that's a leak. The idea is to do something like "Set ThisUnitLoc = Position of (???)" and then remove it later.

Whenever you call for a unit group like "units within so-and-so range of this point" that's a unit group leak. Similar solution.

Also, special effects always have to be destroyed, they will always finish their animation before getting removed. So feel free to get rid of them as soon as you make them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.