Line of Sight [ask]

c-series

Reaction score
Okay ... straight to the point ....

I'm want to make some hills ( not by using increase terrain but using raise terrain [ Terrain deformation ]) i add some los blocker to prevent any unit downhill from seeing any unit on top of it ... but 1 problem left ... how to make unit on the top of the hill to be able to see across the LoS blocker :banghead: ??....

hope you get the picture ....

thx for any help in advance .... :D

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I honestly think there is no way unless you use normal hills. LoS blockers block... well block the Line of Sight of every units except flying ones (I think), no matter where you are located :rolleyes:

c-series

Reaction score
hmmm think i've figure it out ....
i'm using
Code:
Tophill 1 vis mod
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Tophill1 <gen>
    Conditions
    Actions
        *[i]hill1_vis = (Center of Tophill1 <gen>)[/i]
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                    Conditions
                        (In-game time of day) Less than 6.00
                        (In-game time of day) Greater than 18.00
            Then - Actions
                Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Triggering player) emitting Visibility from hill1_vis to a radius of 800.00
            Else - Actions
                Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Triggering player) emitting Visibility from hill1_vis to a radius of 1800.00
and leaves region would do ... yeah you know ... i don't need to post that as well as other trig to check were the unit camp from day till night ...

thx for help though

but something pops out from my head out of nowhere

could we create blindspot behind an unit ?? .... assuming we only have 1 unit ...

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
Wait wait wait....

AFAIK you don't need LoS Blockers when you use terrain.. um fog? ...Something. I don't know what its called but it basically does what you want. You can enable it for your map in WE. No triggers, no LoS units, just the terrain itself creates the LoS 'fog' pathing.

1 unit on top of hill can see further than normal.
1 unit at bottom of hill can't see whats on the other side of the hill or on top.

Sorry I can't be more help, but I know its in the WE somewhere.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Fog of War, you mean?
I've never tried it myself (never needed to :p), but maybe there's a way to add 'Fog of War' to *Region* .. or something?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.