looking for: Get Unit That Triggering Unit Just Got In Range Of()

Kuberr24

Reaction score
Like the topic says, I have about 50 units (teleport stones) on my map which all do exactly same thing when your hero comes near them, EXCEPT that I need to do a few stuff to the specific teleport stone once your hero got close too.

So problem is, what is the easiest way to detect the unit that your just got in range of? So far I was thinking of creating a unit group with al the teleport stones, then for each unit I check the distance between triggering unit and it, and if it's less then 200, i'm certain THATS the teleport stone. However, this seems elaborate.

Any ideas?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
You could try Darthfett's system, assuming it was patched to work for 1.24b. Which it wasn't. Hint hint, Darkfeet.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
So problem is, what is the easiest way to detect the unit that your just got in range of?
In a general case, you'd need to use a system like Azlier linked to, but:

So far I was thinking of creating a unit group with al the teleport stones, then for each unit I check the distance between triggering unit and it, and if it's less then 200, i'm certain THATS the teleport stone. However, this seems elaborate.
If you were thinking of doing that, I'm guessing the stones will always be more than 200 units away from each other. What about just enumerating units within 200 of the entering unit of type = stone?

Kuberr24

Reaction score
Thanks azlier for linking to that system.

Your idea seems much more plausible, weep. Thanks!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.