lvl cap removal

windale5

Reaction score
I have in my game the level cap set to lvl 16 but I want to add a item that when you purchase it (of course it can't be removed) u can level to past level 16 up to lvl 30. How would i do this?

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Disable a player's exp gain when their hero reached 16, and enable it once again when they purchase the item you have. This assuming a player is limited to one hero per game.

Sui-cookie

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
hey got another question, that sprouts from this... how can i limit the levels of a particular hero to a set amount, and have all other heros level normally? what im trying to explain [in case you didnt quite get that] is...

i have two heros...
i want the first to be able to level to 100
i want the second to only level to 50 -------------- both of which are owned by the same player

i know i could do it with a "real" event but is there any other way? :eek:

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
I think the only way to do that is to trigger the loss of xp gain when the 2nd hero reaches level 50...

windale5

Reaction score
code

1 question I have a tome of power which automatically levels you up in the game. Will that affect it the no exp gain at lvl 18. Also can i get this in code plz.

fiskenfisk

Reaction score
hey got another question, that sprouts from this... how can i limit the levels of a particular hero to a set amount, and have all other heros level normally? what im trying to explain [in case you didnt quite get that] is...

i have two heros...
i want the first to be able to level to 100
i want the second to only level to 50 -------------- both of which are owned by the same player

i know i could do it with a "real" event but is there any other way? :eek:

The way to disable the xp of the level 50 hero is this:

Events: A Unit gains a level

Condition: ((Triggering Unit) Is a Hero) Equal to True
Condition: (Level of (Triggering Unit)) Equal to 50

Action: Hero - Disable experience gain for (Triggering Unit)

I think that should do it ;)
If the "Action" doesn't work, try set the "Disable XP gain for (Triggering Unit) to (Leveling Hero) instead

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
@ fiskenfisk: Sorry to burst your bubble but I think that Sui already knew about that method:

i know i could do it with a "real" event but is there any other way?

---------

@ windale5: The code to disable XP gain is given by fiskenfisk. As for the top of power, I don't think it will affect it, as that manually gives the unit a level instead of giving it xp for a kill or something.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.