Magic damage critical <Need Help>

Juggernaut

I don't know what to change it to
Reaction score
Basically I am trying to make a passive spell.
That when casting a spell (magical damage) you have a chance that the damage gets amplified.

I am having trouble getting the damage source. Because when using <Unit takes damage> You need to use specific unit event. But I don't want it to be specific. I want it to happen on any enemy unit on the map.

Also having trouble to determine the damage type.
I want that only magic damage that comes from spells to be able amplify.
Anyone could help me on this ? Just a basic trigger?

Juggernaut

I don't know what to change it to
Reaction score
I'm a beginner on Wc3 editor. And I checked that out. Copied all the text and pasted it on the map. But whenever I run, I get lots of errors
Such as :
Line 133: Expected a name
local unit damagedcache = udg_GDD_DamagedUnit
This goes on and on. A big list of errors.

Also I read somewhere that this doesn't check for damage type. Only damage done..

Can you help me pls. I am so lost :confused:

NeosDany

Reaction score
I don't find Weep's tools useful, I readed and readed, and got nothing, I find copy-paste unuseful, if you are mapping you will love to learn everything...
For your question, look at my idea:
-when setting skills damage do like this : temp_integer = (the damage)
-below that one set temp_integer2 = random number between 0 and 100
-if number greater or equal to 70 then temp_integer = ( temp_integer x multiplicator ) / 100.
-effects can be added this way, no need to learn anything.

By the way I want to tell you that if you want a damage system it costs a lot and it is no 100% accurate, so, warcraft world editor or any editor has its flaws, I find them incomplete so, mapping is limitated :S.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I don't find Weep's tools useful, I readed and readed, and got nothing
Weep's GDD at least is insanely easy to understand. Maybe you're just *insult censored*, or read the wrong parts of the code.
I find copy-paste unuseful, if you are mapping you will love to learn everything...
Plenty of people are just lazy. There've been numerous cases here where someone just wants triggers to suit their purpose(s) and doesn't even try to understand what they've been given.
For your question, look at my idea:
-when setting skills damage do like this : temp_integer = (the damage)
-below that one set temp_integer2 = random number between 0 and 100
-if number greater or equal to 70 then temp_integer = ( temp_integer x multiplicator ) / 100.
-effects can be added this way, no need to learn anything.
The intended effect isn't to give a triggered spell a chance to deal bonus damage. It's to give ALL spells a chance to deal bonus damage. So that won't work for spells like Storm Bolt.
By the way I want to tell you that if you want a damage system it costs a lot
AFAIK Weep's GDD is free, and so is any other damage detection system out there. If you've paid for one, I'm afraid to say you've probably been conned.
it is no 100% accurate, so, warcraft world editor or any editor has its flaws, I find them incomplete so, mapping is limitated :S.
Nothing's perfect, and nobody's expecting it to be. That the WE exists is already something to be thankful for; if you have to nitpick about every little flaw in it, why not go build your own software?

Anyway. This issue was (mostly) solved in Mr. Bean's Spell Workshop.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.