Make C4/ mine explode in click

Super Shadow

Reaction score
Make C4/ mine explode on click?

Heloo for my new map im making i have an ability called place C4. That C4 has an ability called denotate in which i want it to eplode when u click the buttton, like war stomp where do u dont have to click anything, it just happens. I based it off of the goblin suicde but no matter what i change to match warstomp, it wont explode when u click on the ability without having to click on something else. Can someone help please

BuryAutumn

Reaction score
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to detonate
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to C4
    Actions
        Wait 1.00 seconds
        Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)

maybe something like that would work.

Super Shadow

Reaction score
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to detonate
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to C4
    Actions
        Wait 1.00 seconds
        Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)

maybe something like that would work.

i dont think you understand, the ability right now is the goblin sabers suicide ability in which u need to click on the ability then another unit, unlike warstomp in which if u click on the ability, it just happens. I want the goblin saber ability to just happen upon click

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
i dont think you understand, the ability right now is the goblin sabers suicide ability in which u need to click on the ability then another unit, unlike warstomp in which if u click on the ability, it just happens. I want the goblin saber ability to just happen upon click
Good idea just use war stomp and have it damage himself too.

BuryAutumn

Reaction score
so give it the war stomp ability and change it as desired to do the damage you want, make it a unit ability, and change the animation art to whatever you want it to be.

then use my trigger.

Super Shadow

Reaction score
wouldnt the sound be there and the pound animation, and i cant make it do 3 times as more damage to buildings. A little loss would also be the max damage area and partial but im not complaining about that too much

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Hmmm.... Trigger it?

Code:
[B]Events:[/B]
Unit starts the effect of an ability

[B]Condition:[/B]
Ability = Detonate (An ability based off Channel)

[B]Actions: [/B]
Pick every units within XX range of the C4 bomb, matching unit is enemy of (owner of triggering unit)
     IF - Picked units are structure = True
     THEN - Damage picked units with 500 x 3 damage
     ELSE - Damage picked units with 500 damage

Remove triggering unit from the game

Is this what u wanted? Not sure whether it works or not, didn't try. It's suppose to be working like goblin techies in DotA. Hope you get what i mean.

Super Shadow

Reaction score
im pretty sure thatll work thanks +;) If i dont say anything it means it works, im busy at the moment with stuff

Super Shadow

Reaction score
um, howcome the ability i made with channel wont appear, all i see is the C4's ability to go claymore mode but i dont see the detonate ability

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
um, howcome the ability i made with channel wont appear, all i see is the C4's ability to go claymore mode but i dont see the detonate ability

What's the unit classification for your C4 unit? Maybe u should use a dummy unit (eg footmen) and change the model art to the type of your C4 model. Then change movement speed to 0. Ability wont appear in unit with ward, tree, destructible etc etc classification, i guess.... Not sure whether i answered you problem.

Pigger

Reaction score

Channel has a thing called (I think) Art - Options, which you have to change to visible for the icon to appear.

Super Shadow

Reaction score
Channel has a thing called (I think) Art - Options, which you have to change to visible for the icon to appear.

he was right, it was under data options, in which u click visible to see the ability box. hehe ty.:D This channel will be pretty useful in the future

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score

Oh ya... Forgot about this possibility.. Change the Option to "Visible" and Change Disable other Abilities field to "False"... Also change the Follow Through Time to 0... I guess thats about it for channel, right?

EDIT: And make sure the Ability ID is different everytime you use Channel (especially when a unit has more than one Channel-based ability)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.