Making a scaling ladder?

hellblazer-1

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I'm making a scene where an army is attacking a big castle wall. Of course they wouldn't get very far without being able to scale the walls, so I thought i could get the model of a ladder and somehow use triggers or animation to make it look as if it were going up from the ground to a vertical position, resting against the sides of the walls.

Is this at all possible? I know somebody with modeling and animation skills could do it, but Is it possible with triggers?
Thanks!!!

Atreyu

One Last Breath.
Reaction score
Possible with pathing blockers I guess.. I played Pyritie's adventure once and it has a stair and walkable. :)

hellblazer-1

Reaction score
thanks guys! But that isnt really what I meant, I need the ladder itself to move from horizontal to vertical position.

I know how to make the footmen and people do it. Just not the ladders. :/ thanks for helping though!!

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
You could add the ladder a a doodad and then put a region in from of it, make it to where if a unit enters it you do a loop trigger like 1 - 10 do action set entering unit to elavation +like 10 wait 1 or 2 secs, then when he leaves the region make it set it to 0, that should make it appear as if he climbed the ladder.

hellblazer-1

Reaction score
Thanks! But, the problem is, I have a ladder right - and its lying flat on the ground. I want it to slowly move into an upright position and slam against the wall.

There is only one way that I can think of that would make this work - making like 100 different units all with the same model, but all with different tilt, and slowly use triggers to replace them, 1 by 1. That would look good, but would take absolutely forever, not to mention the triggers it would require.... :banghead:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.