Making an AI halt and do my bidding!!!

warpo

Reaction score
Ok, in my ending cinemats, I have all the heros of the enemy in an area chatting and stuff. I move them instanly and I have all units paused. But as soon as I unpause all units so I can have them move to my designated regions, they automatically run back to where their original base was. Is there some way I can stop and AI I made so I can make the enemy's heros do as I want and move as I want in the cinemats? I don't want to change ownership to my team because then I can make them retain their colors, but when they speak the color does not match their face picture when they speak... and that looks just dumb. Can anyone help? :nuts:

L

lordpredator

unit - issue order

i have no experience at all in cinematics, but can it be done by unit - issue order (targeting a point, unit, destructible or no target)?

LP

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Is it Neutral Hostile, or just regular AI? I think you can have them do something like:
Code:
AI - Ignore Guard Positions
If that doesn't work, then I guess you can scroll and search around the trigger editor to find some that will work. :)

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
You can change players without changing colors.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
You could try this:
Code:
Cinematic - Disable user control for Player Group - Player whatever (whatevercolor)
maybe thats what u want.

warpo

Reaction score
I think the disable unit control sounds good. And yes it is regualr AI that i made foir the computer to attack me. I want control of their units in the cinemats to move to ponts and stuff as i tell them.

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Well, all you do is order the units. You can pick every unit in that general area and order them all to hold position, heh...

Also, it sounds like there might be a trigger making them want to go back because I haven't heard of a unit wanting to go back to where it was standing. You can disable that trigger.

Another possibility, just create new units and have them be chatting (same models and names), then remove them.

Disable User Control for players* is usually a given, heh. We don't want them doing things while cinematic is going on now do we :p

Oh sorry, I just read about your AI Trigger. Ok, just disable that while the cinematic is going and so on and it should solve your problem. When cinematic is over, turn it back on, k?

Imagine it like this, you move all your units over to the spot. You still have your trigger going that makes them want to move back to the base, so based on your AI trigger, they all move back, that's why you gotta turn it off for when cinematic starts.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.