Making an AI halt and do my bidding!!!

warpo

Reaction score
Ok, in my ending cinemats, I have all the heros of the enemy in an area chatting and stuff. I move them instanly and I have all units paused. But as soon as I unpause all units so I can have them move to my designated regions, they automatically run back to where their original base was. Is there some way I can stop and AI I made so I can make the enemy's heros do as I want and move as I want in the cinemats? I don't want to change ownership to my team because then I can make them retain their colors, but when they speak the color does not match their face picture when they speak... and that looks just dumb. Can anyone help? :nuts:

unit - issue order

i have no experience at all in cinematics, but can it be done by unit - issue order (targeting a point, unit, destructible or no target)?

LP

Is it Neutral Hostile, or just regular AI? I think you can have them do something like:
Code:
AI - Ignore Guard Positions
If that doesn't work, then I guess you can scroll and search around the trigger editor to find some that will work. :)

You can change players without changing colors.

You could try this:
Code:
Cinematic - Disable user control for Player Group - Player whatever (whatevercolor)
maybe thats what u want.

I think the disable unit control sounds good. And yes it is regualr AI that i made foir the computer to attack me. I want control of their units in the cinemats to move to ponts and stuff as i tell them.

Well, all you do is order the units. You can pick every unit in that general area and order them all to hold position, heh...

Also, it sounds like there might be a trigger making them want to go back because I haven't heard of a unit wanting to go back to where it was standing. You can disable that trigger.

Another possibility, just create new units and have them be chatting (same models and names), then remove them.

Disable User Control for players* is usually a given, heh. We don't want them doing things while cinematic is going on now do we :p

Oh sorry, I just read about your AI Trigger. Ok, just disable that while the cinematic is going and so on and it should solve your problem. When cinematic is over, turn it back on, k?

Imagine it like this, you move all your units over to the spot. You still have your trigger going that makes them want to move back to the base, so based on your AI trigger, they all move back, that's why you gotta turn it off for when cinematic starts.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.