Malfunctioning unit spawn

qwert

Reaction score
Hello, i have been working on a map for warcraft 3; the frozen throne, it is called angbad. My first task was to make ever spawning units, easy enough. However i did this and every time i try to test it freezes on me at the moment of the designated spawn, plz help me with this problem. thank you!

qwert

Reaction score

UNIT SPAWN 1
ACTIONS
unit- create 4 footman for player 1 [red] at [center of region 003<gen>] facing (position of [entering unit])

unit- create 4 ghouls for player 2 [blue] at [center of region 000<gen>] facing (position of [entering unit])

UNIT SPAWN 2

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
No, it's not mamory leaks (Well, it leaks, but that's not the core problem but you should fix them ;)), I'd believe what you have there is an infinite loop, because if you have the region center of region 000<gen> or center of region 003<gen> inside your "Current camera bound" then you'd be creating the units there too, which would "trigger the trigger" which would create unit in the camera bound which would "trigger the trigger", and so on ;)

To fic this, simply turn off the triger as the first action:
Trigger:
  • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

And this as the last action:
Trigger:
  • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

But, still you need to clean those leaks up ;)

qwert

Reaction score

could yo utry to explain that better? either i did what you asked and its still not working or i did not follow your directions correctly.

jomik

Reaction score
What you want to do here seems like, when a unit enters your camera sight, spawn units every x seconds. But having 2 events means that either event works. To fix this you'd have an event that says, when unit enters current camera bounds then turn on the trigger that spawns the creeps. And, I think that unit enters current camera bounds is BAD for spawning units :O

Anteo

Reaction score
EVENT
A unit enters [current camera bounds]
time- every 5 seconds of game time
ACTIONS
Create 4 footman for player 1 [red] at [center of region 003<gen>] facing (position of [entering unit]) <<< This activates any trigger with the event : A unit enters [current camera bounds]

So, when this is activated the first time :
Creates 3 units
Those units are entering the current camera bounds
for every unit, this trigger creates 3 more units
this 9 units are entering the current camera bounds
for every unit, this trigger creates 3 more units
this 27 units are entering the current camera bounds
Got the idea?, the trigger never ends, so what you have to do is desactivate it so it doesnt activate itself

ACTIONS
Turn off (This trigger)
Create 4 footman for player 1 [red] at [center of region 003<gen>] facing (position of [entering unit]) <<< This activates any trigger with the event : A unit enters [current camera bounds]
Turn on (This trigger)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.