Map Appriciation.

CysticCraze

Reaction score
Ok so I made a map and im not considering it a members project cause atm, its practically a template. So I just want to know what you guys think would be a good modification to the map to make it look... better? Yes, I need ideas and possibly help... still working on making the camera go up hills. Also important to note, that when I change the camera view in game to looking up, its actually supposed to be that way, Im going to make it first person but i want you to be able to looke up :). Anyhows here a video and what Id really like to know is if this interests anyone, and the big question..."Should I Continue Persuing This Kind Of Map?"

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YiQB9MU_iIw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YiQB9MU_iIw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Heh, not a single view.

Glaivesrit

Reaction score
Looks pretty badass. From the video standpoint, things looked pretty good, so i can't really give advice. The only thing i can say, though, is if i made something like that i'd be sure to put a lot of cinemas in it, like even basic quest-getting ones.

CysticCraze

Reaction score
Ill be honest, my greatest contributer to this is pharoah, so if I havent asked him how to do it, its prolyl not in the map, its been a huge learning expierience. But if you could give me a link to a tutorial ill look into it, Id like cinimatics, and itll prolly be a multiplayer LAN type game, or single player... so id have to use an if/then/else trigger for whether to play cinimatics or not. Thanks for the opinion dude, no one else is looking :).

CysticCraze

Reaction score
Sweet do thanks, and yea I will try and make one at the beggining as a template, but Idk if with my cam trigger itll work, ill prolly have to use a timer, but I think itll be kewl. Thanks :) +rep

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Wow, really, really cool. Very neat stuff. My brother and I were looking into making something like this where the camera followed the player just like what you have set up. We never got around to it and he got hired on at Bungie, that bastard. Lol, anyway it looks really promising. I am pretty mean at level design if you want any maps made for this I would enjoy contributing. Though I may be slow I am really artistic and take the time to make things look good. Art Example
Unfortunately I don't have any maps to show at the moment.

Anyway cool work man love the buildings too.

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
cool! but it'd probably be easy to play with the keys W A S D, be seeing as thats not an option in gui, maybe jass, it's a clever map
I recently just though of making a map called Tug Of War
where you have to press the left and right arrow keys to pull the rope to your team
one thing though, how would you shift the camera to see the enemy more clearly?
would you have to move to a cerain position?
It's hard to see the enemy attacking you
another thing, you should create "pets" that follow you "patrol i guess" you and when you're attacked, they assist you in fighting, and when he dies, order them to patrol your hero again
something like that would be cool!
maybe levels on the pets too

CysticCraze

Reaction score
Yea heres the camera following trigger for you Yetti,

Code:
Set Cam
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set NormCam = True

Code:
Camera
    Events
        Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    Conditions
        NormCam Equal to True
    Actions
        Camera - Pan camera for Player 1 (Red) to (Position of Arthas 0002 <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
        Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Distance to target to 350.00 over 0.10 seconds
        Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Angle of attack to 345.00 over 0.10 seconds
        Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Height Offset to 50.00 over 0.10 seconds
        Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Rotation to (Facing of Arthas 0002 <gen>) over 0.20 seconds

As for Yourface, yea I wish i could WASD, but its not introduced in the game... plus idk Jass. Also Ive been looking into make 4 classes, Warrior, Ranger(with pet like you suggested), mage, and some other healer class that doesnt have overpowered heals.

As for the pet, theres an actual command to make the pet follow a unit, either way i could us a variable to do it I would think.

Anyhows thanks for your opinions :).

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
didnt i help you with that trigger ;)
EDIT
maybe to change your angle few, you can have a second hero that has several abilities which turns that trigger off, and turns another one on,

CysticCraze

Reaction score
Yea you may have helped me with the dummy unit trigger, which i found out couldent do what i wanted, so i had use storm bolt... apparently its didnt work how i wanted, works kewl now anyhows... does anyone want this uploaded as a Template map? Ill make it as small as possible should you guys want it.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Yea you may have helped me with the dummy unit trigger, which i found out couldent do what i wanted, so i had use storm bolt... apparently its didnt work how i wanted, works kewl now anyhows... does anyone want this uploaded as a Template map? Ill make it as small as possible should you guys want it.

Yeah I would love to at least mess around with it, it looks really neat. Don't know that I would have time to take it anywhere though so I will leave that up to you. But if its not too much trouble I would check it out for sure.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Very interesting; however if you I'd use an invisible block (pathing model, if you can) instead of the actual unit to sell items.

The benifet of this would be easier to select. Of course, the store owner would still be there, but be unselectable.

CysticCraze

Reaction score
Ok heres the template map, I tried to remove my custom arthas model but it didnt work, so its 500kbs... not to big. Also note that the current sword models in the map arent mine, I plan to make my won but currently the ones ive made dont work... prolly just a simple mistake ive made. So, without further to do, a template by CysiticCraze.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Huh? I can DL.

IM gonna take the DL off by tonight so Download it quick.

Cool, I got it. I haven't taken the time to open it just yet but I will check it out soon, thanks.

CysticCraze

Reaction score
No problem just know that the camera is set wrong for the inside of the building, i moved the terrain prior to uploading.

Cookiemaster

Reaction score
Looks nice, but I really suggest you make it so you don't have to select a unit for melee abilities.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.