Map boundry issues

koaandl

Reaction score
Hi! Newbie here.

i've just started making maps, usually basing them off original war3 maps.

i'm current making a map using the war3 map called "Booty Bay". I've modified bits and pieces, but i want to extend it, in the map and camera boundry settings i have extended it to 192x192, it saves and computes fine, but the added/extended area is greyed (fogged) out, and i can't place units there, nor can they walk there ingame. How does i resolve this annoying issue? :banghead:

Thanks in advance!

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
There is no way of doing this without issues...
I suggest you either use another map as a "template", or create an entire new map from scratch, with bigger proportions...

koaandl

Reaction score
what would these issues be? how complicated would it be to make the boundrys on this map bigger? i don't want to have to redo all my custom units/upgrades/spells etc. again. If i do have to, is there a way to simply and fastly transfer them?

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If i do have to, is there a way to simply and fastly transfer them?

Wel,, if you have Newgen (I'm not sure if it's a Newgen feature, but...)

Then you can simply export all object data (Spells, units, items, upgrades etc.) and then simply immport it to any other map ;)

kingkwong92

Reaction score
Welcome to the Helper

You have only set the camera boundaries not the actual boundaries of the map. Not sure how to fix that.

Xorifelse

I'd love to elaborate about discussions...........
Reaction score
Scenario => Map Size and Camera Bounds.

Then just re-size the camera bounds, get it in a 32 bit dimension ( incremental ) and save the map.

Edit: Darn it Chocobo!

koaandl

Reaction score
i tried that newgen, and the exporter importer in it was a nogo, didn't work at all. Any other ideas?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.