Map Ideas?

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
I dont know or one of you guys have ever played dungeon keeper 1 or 2, but that would make a exelent map to. I tried to make it once, but I lack experience in mapmaking.

You have one wrecked village in the middle of the map and 1 big mansion for 1 of the 4 players in 1 of the 4 corners of the map.
The player have to decorate their mansion as spooky as they can to attract monsters. (certain monsters are attracted by certain decorations)
The monsters can be trained as heroes but die as normal units.
With those monsters you will have to destroy your opponents mansion.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I dont know or one of you guys have ever played dungeon keeper 1 or 2, but that would make a exelent map to. I tried to make it once, but I lack experience in mapmaking.

You have one wrecked village in the middle of the map and 1 big mansion for 1 of the 4 players in 1 of the 4 corners of the map.
The player have to decorate their mansion as spooky as they can to attract monsters. (certain monsters are attracted by certain decorations)
The monsters can be trained as heroes but die as normal units.
With those monsters you will have to destroy your opponents mansion.

That sounds interesting... So you build stuff to attract monsters, then send those monsters at your opponent?

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
yeah, but those monsters arent just units. They r more like....half heroes.
They level, learn skills, but dont revive.
Edit: i might even try to make this map myself....i never acouly made a real map before and it would be good for my mapmaking skills.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yeah, but those monsters arent just units. They r more like....half heroes.
They level, learn skills, but dont revive.
Edit: i might even try to make this map myself....i never acouly made a real map before and it would be good for my mapmaking skills.

:) Good Luck!

Keep them ideas Coming!
This could be sticked... If you have a map idea and Don't want to make it...

S

Selket

How about a game that depicts a lesser version of reality? In the game-to-be, you can start out as a person and make a living out of your notoriously favourite profession. If you are a soldier, you can fight in wars, if you are a gangster, you can kill people like a realistic gangster. These are just ideas that just popped into my head, for some reason, and I hope they will help you. :D

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How about a game that depicts a lesser version of reality? In the game-to-be, you can start out as a person and make a living out of your notoriously favourite profession. If you are a soldier, you can fight in wars, if you are a gangster, you can kill people like a realistic gangster. These are just ideas that just popped into my head, for some reason, and I hope they will help you. :D

What a revival :p

Isn't that just Loap?

S

Spuddytastic

Here's one that i lack the time, effort and know-how to do, so anyone can use it, I don't care: I have a dog called Wesley, and a brother, a mum and a dad.
You are wesley the dog [or call him whatever you want]. I had him as a timber wolf unit, just modified. He begins in the backyard of a house, with all the other dogs [Why there are other dogs, who cares, It doesn't really have to make sense]. In the backyard, there are a few activities you can do, like fetch, tug of war, etc. When the owners leave, you can escape to the outside world, full of garbage, opportunities to make territories, and other doggy stuff. A dog-catcher is trying to catch you, and your owners want to get you back home. Your mana [hunger] will constantly decrease, so you must hunt/scavenge for food.

Bit tough, but to anyone who has an incredibly large amount of time on their hands and insane persistence, go ahead!:)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How about a maze? Not the warcraft dub of a maze, but a real 3rd person maze.

I was making something like that once.
It was quite cool.
I made it so the minimap is black, and you cant move anywhere thats off the screen (click randomly on minimap to move)

it was boring though :D

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
Try to make a map kinda like parasite 2, you see how popular it is.
steal some ideas!

D

Detergent

You could make the maze more interesting by adding traps and monsters that you have to avoid. You could add a cut ability with a long cooldown so that you could cut your way through if you got bored.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Yes, steal some ideas! Make something like, DotA The New Beginning, or Grunt Frenzy xD
Seriously, you might want to create some game like, A-R-C-A-D-E. Press a letter, your character punches, or spaace for jump >.< well its just complicated to do xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.