Max Heros

Leatherneck

Reaction score
I am wondering something. Probably a Stupid Question. I have tried to make the Max number of Heros 3 on all my Maps. It doesnt work. I have Several Heros in this particular Map. Under TechTree Requirements-Heros, the Max it allows for is 52 TOTAL, and I have more than that if you cound BOTH Custom and Normal Heros. I Cant seem to figure out how to make it allow for only 3. I can train All of my Heros in my Altar. ALL of them. I did not think you had to add Normal Heros to the Game PLay constants List. Just the Custom ones. But, Only the Ones on the List are limited to the tier restrictions, the ones in the Altars are NOT! If that is confusing, I am sorry. Basically, When I build an Altar, if I get a Custom Hero from a Tavern first, it follows the Restrictions, but If I get a Hero from my Altar first, it Allows me to Train ALL of my Heros at Tier 1, ALL of them, from the Altar.! Not sure what I am doing. Thank you for ANY Help you can give!

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
im slightly confused as to what you are looking for, did you want the restrictions lifted or balanced to the appropriate melee gameplay restrictions? to change max ammount of heroes aloud, change the gameplay constants like you said, to change the requirements, there should be a tech requirement under the hero in the object editor down near the bottom of the list of edit-able fields

Leatherneck

Reaction score
I first want to say, NICE Cartoon you have there on your Post!! Lol
But, basically what I mean is that I have a total of 93 Heros in this Map. The Gameplay constants Techtree equivalents-Heros, ONLY allows a Max of 52. The other 41, I can limit to 1 Hero of Each one, but people can Pick 1 Each of ALL of them, No 3 Hero Limit. I thought I had seen a trigger Array that more of Less copied the 3 Hero Limit that the GamePlay Constants placed on Heros. Maybe Not, but thought I had. I Made a Trigger that Says- Limit training of Heros to 3, but doesnt work. Basically, ANY Heros NOT listed in the Techtree equivalents-Heros is available to players, with No Limit. Thanks!

GFreak45

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Hero Limitations
    • Events
      • A unit finishes training a unit
    • Conditions
      • Trained unit is a hero is equal to true (boolean conditions)
    • Actions
      • Set Hero_Count[Player Number owner of (Trained unit)] = Hero_Count[Player Number owner of (Trained unit)] + 1 (integer variable with array checked and ~15 max array for safety)
      • If (Conditions) Then (Do Multiple Actions) Else (Do Multiple Actions)
        • If (all conditions are true)
          • Hero_Count[Player Number owner of (Trained unit)] is greater than 3
        • Then (Do Actions)
          • Set Hero_Count[Player Number owner of (Trained unit)] = Hero_Count[Player Number owner of (Trained unit)] - 1
          • Player - Set Owner of (Trained unit) Gold equal to (Owner of (Trained unit) Gold) + Gold Cost of (Trained unit)
          • Player - Set Owner of (Trained unit) Lumber equal to (Owner of (Trained unit) Lumber) + Lumber Cost of (Trained unit)
          • Game Text - Create game text for Owner of (Trained unit) that reads: You can only have 3 heroes
          • Unit - Remove (Trained unit)
        • Else (Do Actions)

GFreak45

Reaction score
EDIT: Damn lag caused accidental double post >.<

Leatherneck

Reaction score
Thank you for that trigger above. But, unfortunately it didnt work. :( Not sure what to do, guess reducing the Number of Heros so I am down to the 52 Max the Constants allows for, again THANK YOU

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • max heroes
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Limit training of Hero1 to 1 for (Picked player)
          • Player - Limit training of Hero2 to 1 for (Picked player)
          • -------- same thing for every hero --------
          • Player - Limit training of LastHero to 1 for (Picked player)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.