Monitor error on windows

Hagge5

Reaction score
Ok my little brother's computer went nuts. I dont know what he has done with it (he isnt very good with computers). I haven't posted on any tech support forum before but i will do my best. ok here we go...

The computer is a "COMPAQ presario 6000 series" and runs on windows xp.
The monitor is called "FLATRON M173WA--BZ" The problem is that when you turn on the monitor, AV1 turns on and it displays this message:
"AV1 No signal"

Aditionally, you cannot switch channels or raise/lower volume, with or without remote. The only button that works on the monitor is turn on/off. The PC is supposed to be viewed in the "RGB" channel, but as i said, you cant switch channels. The computer is also hooked up to his TV through a "Splitter" (Best translation i can come up with, not that good at english) at the same time as the monitor. The tv can change channels normally but on "PC" where it is supposed to display the computer, its just a black screen. I tried removing the splitter and de-attach the tv, but the monitor still wont work.

It's probably not a virus, since he doesent have internet and only has downloaded stuff transfered from my computer to his by a USB stick, and its not alot either. It could have something to do with, that last time it worked i changed the virtual memory from somewhere around 1500 to 4000/4000 to make some of his old kids games work.

Sry 4 bad english and n00bishm

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.