More active WELPZONE mods?

Reaction score
I really do mean that we need few more moderators for World Editor Help Zone.. the current ones are really good, but quite too inactive (not all of them though).

For an example, I made this some time ago: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=75785
There has been no word about approval, even though I've asked for it. Even a response would be fine.

Another example would be this: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=618182#post618182,
That is a tutorial written by me a long time ago. I asked if it could be totally deleted as.. well.. I quote myself:
it's totally outdated, leaks, and is not useful. I think that those reasons are enough to get this tutorial below graveyard level.

I know a few people who would "gladly" (dunno about their opinion) moderate Welpzone, and those guys are really active.

-Überplayer

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Well, you don't want TOO many mods around. Maybe one, or two, or three more. It's up to the admins.
Also, I think there aren't more mods because admins haven't seen someone that would be good.

Reaction score
>who did you have in mind, you?
Never said so.. I haven't been too active now..

>Well, you don't want TOO many mods around.
That's right, as there currently isn't too many mods, more admins than mods are taking care of Welpzone.

But let's keep this clean until an admin comes here.. and chooses to discuss about it with other admins or just close this.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Global (Super) Mods are ones that have full access on all forums.

Just don't worry about it, it's our concern. People who deserve to be mods either already are or will become soon enough. We don't really have anything like "that guy is good and active, but the forum already has too many mods" or "this forum needs moderation FAST, lets pick 10 random people and give them full access!"

> I asked if it could be totally deleted
By TH's request, we generally don't delete any tutorials at all.

Reaction score
>By TH's request, we generally don't delete any tutorials at all.
Okay.. Now that you told me that, I have heard that before :p.

>We don't really have anything like "that guy is good and active, but the forum already has too many mods" or "this forum needs moderation FAST, lets pick 10 random people and give them full access!"
No, I never said so :p..

>Just don't worry about it, it's our concern.
It's users' worry too.. those who really wait for more than few days for a moderator to response :)

But.. I think I got it now.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, yesterday I was looking through your spell thread, and since I have a lot of work because of upcoming exams, I thought "Man, I've got to review this. It's next on the list".

Funny that you tell that now :rolleyes:

If you expect moderators to reply on every submission though...

Reviewing is much longer than reading and replying to, for instance, an help thread.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Patience. Just wait for someone to bump it.

It went a little slower once Tom Jones left.. :(

(Not saying he made everything fast, but 1 moderator makes a big difference)

Maybe there might be a new mod... They would have to know a lot about optimization though, and previous experience would be good.

Reaction score
>Reviewing is much longer than reading and replying to, for instance, an help thread.
Oh.. well.. that seems quite understandable :)

>Patience. Just wait for someone to bump it.
I have patience, but it not enough..

I might have been wrong here, sorry for troubling you all.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You don't have to ask to be deleted. Just edit; remove all text. Done. :)

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
I wish there was an automated list of submissions.

I mean, when something is uploaded to the trigger zone, it will automatically write itself to a some kind of list.

And the list would be viewable to all, to see whether your submission is pending, approved or rejected.

Or am I just dreaming.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Indeed, everybody can say "you can script one", but is worth the effort? Do we have the knowledge?

These kind of questions need to be answered first.

However, it would be so rad to have it.

:p

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I have no doubt that AceHart could do it.
But, the question is if he thinks it necessary/worth it/wants to.
And if the Staff agrees to it.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
And how exactly would a program judge if a submission was worth approving? o_O

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> how exactly would a program judge if a submission was worth approving?

The program proposed wouldn't judge.
It would simply create a list of approved/pending/rejected threads from the Tutorials, Spells, and Trigger Code forum.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
I think you are not following me exactly, dear Seth.

I will try to explain better.

A person submits a submission to the trigger zone.

The submission is then added to a list and authorized personnel will be noticed of the new add-on.

Next, everybody can see when a certain submission was added, the status of it and additional information regarding it (who added it etc).

But only authorized personnel can approve or reject the submissions. Duh.

My point is that the list helps to organize and gives a better overview of the submissions, thus, making the whole process easier and faster.

It's awfully easy for a new submission with great content but with a very few replies to get lost under the heap of new submission, so it would take forever to approve or reject it.

And waiting is the most annoying thing. If your tutorial is good and gets approved, then everything is fine, if it is rejected, OK, I can do a better one and submit a new version, but if the submission just stands there, without moderation, then it's just a waste of resource and effort.

:p

Though, I am thinking on the idea level.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.