More active WELPZONE mods?

Reaction score
I really do mean that we need few more moderators for World Editor Help Zone.. the current ones are really good, but quite too inactive (not all of them though).

For an example, I made this some time ago: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=75785
There has been no word about approval, even though I've asked for it. Even a response would be fine.

Another example would be this: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=618182#post618182,
That is a tutorial written by me a long time ago. I asked if it could be totally deleted as.. well.. I quote myself:
it's totally outdated, leaks, and is not useful. I think that those reasons are enough to get this tutorial below graveyard level.

I know a few people who would "gladly" (dunno about their opinion) moderate Welpzone, and those guys are really active.

-Überplayer

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Well, you don't want TOO many mods around. Maybe one, or two, or three more. It's up to the admins.
Also, I think there aren't more mods because admins haven't seen someone that would be good.

Reaction score
>who did you have in mind, you?
Never said so.. I haven't been too active now..

>Well, you don't want TOO many mods around.
That's right, as there currently isn't too many mods, more admins than mods are taking care of Welpzone.

But let's keep this clean until an admin comes here.. and chooses to discuss about it with other admins or just close this.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Global (Super) Mods are ones that have full access on all forums.

Just don't worry about it, it's our concern. People who deserve to be mods either already are or will become soon enough. We don't really have anything like "that guy is good and active, but the forum already has too many mods" or "this forum needs moderation FAST, lets pick 10 random people and give them full access!"

> I asked if it could be totally deleted
By TH's request, we generally don't delete any tutorials at all.

Reaction score
>By TH's request, we generally don't delete any tutorials at all.
Okay.. Now that you told me that, I have heard that before :p.

>We don't really have anything like "that guy is good and active, but the forum already has too many mods" or "this forum needs moderation FAST, lets pick 10 random people and give them full access!"
No, I never said so :p..

>Just don't worry about it, it's our concern.
It's users' worry too.. those who really wait for more than few days for a moderator to response :)

But.. I think I got it now.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, yesterday I was looking through your spell thread, and since I have a lot of work because of upcoming exams, I thought "Man, I've got to review this. It's next on the list".

Funny that you tell that now :rolleyes:

If you expect moderators to reply on every submission though...

Reviewing is much longer than reading and replying to, for instance, an help thread.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Patience. Just wait for someone to bump it.

It went a little slower once Tom Jones left.. :(

(Not saying he made everything fast, but 1 moderator makes a big difference)

Maybe there might be a new mod... They would have to know a lot about optimization though, and previous experience would be good.

Reaction score
>Reviewing is much longer than reading and replying to, for instance, an help thread.
Oh.. well.. that seems quite understandable :)

>Patience. Just wait for someone to bump it.
I have patience, but it not enough..

I might have been wrong here, sorry for troubling you all.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You don't have to ask to be deleted. Just edit; remove all text. Done. :)

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
I wish there was an automated list of submissions.

I mean, when something is uploaded to the trigger zone, it will automatically write itself to a some kind of list.

And the list would be viewable to all, to see whether your submission is pending, approved or rejected.

Or am I just dreaming.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Indeed, everybody can say "you can script one", but is worth the effort? Do we have the knowledge?

These kind of questions need to be answered first.

However, it would be so rad to have it.

:p

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I have no doubt that AceHart could do it.
But, the question is if he thinks it necessary/worth it/wants to.
And if the Staff agrees to it.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
And how exactly would a program judge if a submission was worth approving? o_O

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> how exactly would a program judge if a submission was worth approving?

The program proposed wouldn't judge.
It would simply create a list of approved/pending/rejected threads from the Tutorials, Spells, and Trigger Code forum.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
I think you are not following me exactly, dear Seth.

I will try to explain better.

A person submits a submission to the trigger zone.

The submission is then added to a list and authorized personnel will be noticed of the new add-on.

Next, everybody can see when a certain submission was added, the status of it and additional information regarding it (who added it etc).

But only authorized personnel can approve or reject the submissions. Duh.

My point is that the list helps to organize and gives a better overview of the submissions, thus, making the whole process easier and faster.

It's awfully easy for a new submission with great content but with a very few replies to get lost under the heap of new submission, so it would take forever to approve or reject it.

And waiting is the most annoying thing. If your tutorial is good and gets approved, then everything is fine, if it is rejected, OK, I can do a better one and submit a new version, but if the submission just stands there, without moderation, then it's just a waste of resource and effort.

:p

Though, I am thinking on the idea level.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.