Morph Spell Problems

MateoSoetsu

Reaction score
I've Searched the forum for quite a long time and I've messed around in the WE but I can't seem to answer these questions:

1. How do have an ability change the hero's primary attribute, every morph spell I've tried changes the unit but not his primary attribute.

2. What are some non-morph spells that change attack type/ enable/disable different attacks that you can activate and deactivate.

Replacing the unit is too messy since that will remove buffs/debuffs and it will be a fairly common ability being cast. It also has to be MUI. I don't want to make a bunch of triggers and variables for what should be a simple ability.

Basically the idea is that a melee unit changes from normal attack and strength based to a ranged magic attack and intelligence based at the click of a button and then you can change back at any time. The hero itself really doesn't change appearance.

I have a few different units that would greatly benefit from being able to change their primary attribute to fit a morphing ability.

I've tried chaos, metamorphosis, polymorph, stone form, stormcrow, bear form, robo goblin, chemical rage. They all keep the primary attribute the same no matter what the new units primary attribute is. Any help?

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
1. How do have an ability change the hero's primary attribute, every morph spell I've tried changes the unit but not his primary attribute.
I believe that if you morph into a hero with a different primary stat, it will change. The stat change then is dependent on the normal/morphed unit types, not the morph spell.

Replacing the unit is too messy since that will remove buffs/debuffs and it will be a fairly common ability being cast.
I believe the Chaos abilities (used on the Steam Tank and on several Orc units) will do what you want - they're not quite a spell, so you'll need to base it on some other ability just to have a button to press. Remove the tech requirements from the Chaos spell you base it on, and you'll need two abilities - Chaos acts similar to "replace unit" but preserves buffs etc. as far as I know, so you'll need one to morph and a second to morph back to original form. You'll need a trigger that adds the appropriate Chaos ability to a unit when the dummy spell is cast.

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
2 mountain giant tree ability can change the attack type

MateoSoetsu

Reaction score
The last line of my post says I've tried almost every morph including chaos, and the primary attribute does not change no matter what I turn the hero into. So I can run around as a Blood Mage that is Strength based only because the unit I morphed him into was strength based. And it seems to crash WC3 when I turn a hero into a normal unit or vice versa.

Gtam

Reaction score
Well give the morph unit attribute bonus with a hidden icon. That way the morphed unit will have extra stats but the normal one wont

MateoSoetsu

Reaction score
I've tried the Warclub spell but it requires a target and has charges so its not the best solution.

And I don't want bonus stats, I want the primary attribute to change to Intelligence so that items that give +int add more damage will the hero is in his casting form.

Gtam

Reaction score
Well then you need to remove unit and create a new and set then level to triggering unit with triggers

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i tested it. it works if you give metamorphosis to your first hero. the metamorphosis spell will change him into a footman. this footman got chaos which morphs him then into your second hero.
pro:
-attack type changes
-attributes change
-name/tooltip/etc changes
-if you give the inventar ability to the footman the items stay!

con:
-level will be lost... (but with some simple triggering it can be given back)
-hitpoints will increase... yeah unfortunately the hitpoints of your hero will raise each time chaos works. dunno how i can help you with this.
-skills will be unlearned (relearning will be a little bit harder as giving back the level but still its possible)

good luck. accname.

Gtam

Reaction score
Why does the hp increase. Put it to 0 in the hp increase field of meta?

roXplosive

Reaction score
I'm afraid I do'n get the point . Why not use the replace unit function ? Why do you really want to use morph ?

Well I used ReplaceUnitBJ and you give parameters like the replaced unit has % hp , mp of original , static % hp,mp or maximum . It moves the items automatically and the hero experience . You can then make a script to preserve the skills like 2 lvls skill1 go into 2 lvls skill 1 in the other form .

If you have some triggered stats increments reapply them every time . My hero had a skill with which you gain Str when an enemy hero kills creep .

If you have summoned units doing triggered damage in an aoe like a spell based on dummies make the damage dealing from caster damages unit y by x damage unconditionally into conditional damaging checking if the to be damaged unit belongs to an ally of "player" sent as parameter instead if unit is ally of player owning caster unit . I killed myself with such a spell because caster changes to null and of course null has no allies .

Gtam

Reaction score
Read his first post again. The answer is there if you read properly

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
@roxplosive: because then all orders against the unit will be lost/all buffs removed/etc/etc...

@SharkBait: its not the ability metamorph, its chaos. everytime you use chaos to morph your unit to a hero it will get the basic hitpoints of the hero unit added.

Gtam

Reaction score
Does chaos change the primary attribute aswell

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
no, not if you just change your paladin to a bloodmage. you have to go the way i posted above, first change your unit to a normal unit (like a grunt or whatever) and then change it to the other hero. otherwise most of the old data will be used for the new hero. (like abilitys, hitpoints, mana, attributes, etcetcetc)

roXplosive

Reaction score
I think of another way ... making a skill based on Unmount and making Partner 1 the hero you want to morph into and partner 2 nothing or something and kill it right away . the pain is you got to set the level and skills again .

roXplosive

Reaction score
Of that i'm not sure . I have to try it and see but I guess not (most likely) and will have to add them too .

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.