Multiboard Help

luckbox

Reaction score
hi, sorry if this is just another one of these,
but ive read the tutorials and ive looked through the search but i still dont exactly understand how to do it !
all i want is something .. kinda like dota

list of players, and a kill count - non hero.
and then a list of players with a scoure count, so the players kno whos leading in the score during the game.

its all very confusing :\
i can make the multiboard .. sorta.. but how do u update it with the kills and that?
bascially atm i have a leaderboard setup, so its very annoying with a leaderboard taking up the top right of the screen the whole game! so i want to be able to hide it with a tab like a multiboard does.

if ne1 can help, itll be great!

zylack

Reaction score
Multiboards can take a bit to understand, so you could do a -hide and -show trigger in the meantime.

Stefanman

Reaction score
about multiboard,there is a Senkins Multiboard Example/tutorial i downloaded...you can learn from there. :D it is hard to explain in text how it works.But it is not like leaderboard, rows and columsn,and you cannot (better not) use 'player number' ,you must specify new variable that will be like player number,but only for multiboard

MoonSlinger

I Love using Cheap Tricks... only Results matters
Reaction score
Best way to make a multi board is to draw it out on paper first, like something below:
(Note: I cannot draw for nuts, don't complain)
Code:
Force 2       | Total Kills | Total Deaths  < Row 1
Player Name | Kills  | deaths               < Row 2
P1              |  K1  |    D1              < Row 3
P2              |  K2  |    D2              < Row 4
P3              |  K3  |    D3              < Row 5
-----------------------------               < Blank line at Row 6
Force 2       | Total Kills | Total Deaths  < Row 7
Player Name | Kills  |  deaths              < Row 8
P4              |  K4  |    D4              < Row 9
P5              |  K5  |    D5              < Row 10
P6              |  K6  |    D6              < Row 11

With the above, you can create a multiboard, 3 Columns and 11 Rows.
Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 3 columns and 11 rows, titled Some Title

Setting the width of each cell is also easily done. For cells that are not suppose to show icons, make sure they don't:
Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to 5.00% of the total screen width
Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons

When done with making the board, lets put in information. From the diagram above, there are some cells which have static data, while there are cells which needs to be updated. All cells which needs updating requires corresponding variables to store the data.

Variables you will need:
- An Array to store all the player names P1 - P6 (Strings)
- An Array to store all the kills K1 - K6 (integer)
- Four Integers to store Total Kills and Total Deaths for both Forces
- An Array to store all the deaths D1 - D6 (integer)
- An Array to store row where each player data is displayed (integer)

For the last one, basically you need to know which row each player's information is displayed, so you can use it in later trigger for updating. Its not what you know or see, but how you let the program/triggers know where the information goes.

For example, when Player P5 kills Player P3, you would have to update Row 10 and Row 5. This variable stores which row to change for the respective players. Using this variable, you can place all the information into the correct cells of the multiboard.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.